1. 1. Do you use our Chat Room ?

• Yes, I try to go in there everyday
    • Yes, Occasionally
    • Yes, but there is never anybody in there
    • Only for the Trivia Chats
    • I want to but haven't yet
    • No, Never been
    • I used to then quit

I'm just trying to drum up some interest in our chat room..We have a great chat room that doesn't get used very often. In fact I'm in there now..I am also interested in how this poll will go.. So go ahead and vote.. :roflmao:

I love the chatroom. I prefer chatrooms to boards any day. The problem is that hardly anyone ever goes there. Some people at Startrekfans don't even realize we have a chatroom. I would love to see more people in the chatroom. Its so much better to have a conversation in real time than to post and wait for a reply.

I used to but there was hardly anyone ever there so havent used it in a while. Im there now though.

I would like to, but I can't. :roflmao:

My comp loves to screw up when I'm in there (must be the fact that I am not using XP). MasterQ once advised me to close all other windows while being in the chat room, and it works if I do that, but only if I do that. And I just love to browse through many message boards at the same time, so I don't want close the other windows... I only do that during the trivia chat. I couldn't do anything else anyway then. :yahoo: So I voted for "I'm only there during trivia".

I used to, but I don't anymore. Although on rare occasions, when I'm really bored, I'll just go in there and camp out until somebody notices that I'm there and joins me. That strategy has resulted in some nice, fun chats. :roflmao:

when i have been there its a mulitude of subjects.

and can also speak to someone by yourself

kinda like im

I try to check chat nearly every time I come on. Often there is no one in there. I guess I should camp out in there more until someone happens along, but I guess I get too bored :flowers: It is a fine chat room and more folks should use it Could there be some open scheduled chats arranged just to draw a crowd perhaps?

Could there be some open scheduled chats arranged just to draw a crowd perhaps?

Thats a great idea. Specific topic chats could be scheduled or just general chat. It should also be heavily advertised on the boards like the trivia is.

One other interesting note. There are several members here who only come to the chat room and never post on the boards. Rick Alverado is one. Some of those people have a direct link to the chat room and don't even realize that we have boards.

I'd really like to see something done to encourage participation in the chat room.

How about a James Doohan Memorial chat?  :flowers:

That seems like a good idea to me..Since there is no trivia chat this saturday perhaps we could meet in the chatroom and talk about Scotty..If you all are interested I'll add it to the calendar..

When I was a regular at ST.com, I was a Chat-Only person. However, I've gotten adjusted to the message board. This is almost second nature to me. When I sign on, I go to the "Forums" section, and scroll down to see if anyone's home. If it's someone I wouldn't mind talking to, or if there's a bunch of folks there, I'll drop in for a spell.

I also was a chat-only person at ST.Com. In fact, I have yet to do a post there. I only started posting here when it became apparent that for some reason, nobody goes to the chatroom here. I had never posted in my life anywhere until I started posting here.

I still much prefer chatting over posting though.

It is a shame that there isn't more interest in the chat room. Okay not the best time to drum up support for it as it's down at the moment but when it's fixed lets hope everybody can at least give it a try.

I do try to check the chat room most times I'm on, except on break at work, cause the firewall there won't let me chat, which is fine anyway because breaks are short!

I do wish we could try some chat events, just to see if they might work, a chat day or week. Maybe something could be tried for this September in honor of the 40th anniversary??? Or try something this spring or summer just to see if we could get some peoeple together on any kind of a schedule. I was also a chat only person at ST.com but finally started posting here a year or so ago. But I still enjoy chatting more.

Edited by trekz

I've dropped by but have never seen another person except for scheduled chats.

Edited by athena28