Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Where'd your screen names come from?

for those that don't know, my name isn't pronounced Gamer-A, it's prounced GamRa or Gam-er-a. I'm a big fan of monster movies from Japan, also known as kaiju movies (Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan for example). Gamera is the name a very popular monster in Japan that now has eleven movies out in Japan and America on DVD with the 12th movie coming out next year to celebrate it's 40th birthday. The Gamera movies are

Gamera the Invincible

Gamera vs. Barugon

Gamera vs. Gyaos

Gamera vs. Viras

Gamera vs. Guiron

Gamera vs. Jiger

Gamera vs. Zigra

Space Monster Gamera

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe

Gamera 2: Attack of Legion

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris

I recommend all to watch the last three, they were made in the 1990's and are fantastic. Consider by most kaiju fans as some of the best so far. Very well done special fx with an adult theme. No longer kid movies. It is directed by Shusuke Kaneko, who Godzilla fans know as the director of the 2001 movie "Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah Giant Monsters All Out Attack!" If you liked that movie, you'll love the three Gamera movies by him.

To Learn More About The Monster Gamera

The Trek part is obvious, as is the takeoff on treks. The choice of z at the end is both a pleasing sound and the letter that my last name begins with! :hug:

I've had mine for a long time and I use it everywhere I go on the internet. It started close to 10 years ago when I was trying to think of a unique screen name to use on the AOL Instant Messenger. Originally I wanted SpaceTiger because I like both Space stories and have always had a fascination with tigers. Of course that name was already taken..I'm glad it was..

SpaceTigger is a much cooler name. 003H.jpg:hug:

NordicBearskin came from my love of Morrowind and my wanting to have a unique screen name. I came up with it when registering on a gaming website, and it's stayed with me ever since! I even changed my old account name here to match... (Used to be Sasooni)

My name is the result of watching too much TNG and being too much in love with a certain Starfleet captain. :)

I have had this name in Star Trek chat sites since 1997... I got it from TNG, but the main reason I chose the name is because Picard did something different from what his family did and did what he did the best way he could... no matter what stood in his path.

"Wishfire" is the name of my favorite album by my favorite band.

Also, it sounds really cool in my book. :)

From one of my favorite TOS episodes,the "Ultimate Computer".

Tos,being my favorite Star Trek!

:)

Edited by M_5

Tinadoll is a from a Twilight Zone episode where the doll named TINA prcaliams " I don't like you" and " I am talking Tina. and i am going to kill you"

Its quite humerous. Telly Savalus was in it aslo

The " Ambassador" comes from my general role in the old St.com chat room. I use to break up fights and keep the peace ..Generally

Way back in the day though

Yeah tina, cause now your starting the fight :)

Gummy?

What fight where??? Probally with noone worth mentioning

*takes Gummy* Thanks man

Tinadoll is a from a Twilight Zone episode where the doll named TINA prcaliams " I don't like you" and " I am talking Tina. and i am going to kill you"

Its quite humerous. Telly Savalus was in it aslo

334437[/snapback]

I remember that Twilight Zone episode! It was scary, and excellent!

I think the Soong part is obvious. Takara is a name I found at a baby name website - it said it meant "beloved" which I liked.