Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta

Delta's new log

Season 5 from SG-1 hasnt even started here yet :bow: but we have seen all of season 8 and season 1 from atlantis...season 9 and season 2 wont be in the dvd store for 3 months so i have had to do something *cough* against the law....i downloaded episode 1 of season 9 and season 2 from atlantis...i wont be renting them anymore i am just gonna get them from bittorrent

Debbie says hi and we both wish you a great weekend...hope you fix your sky digi box...take care Delta

Hi Hang, thanks my sky box is all fixed now yay. I really missed it, you don't know how much you take something for granted until it's broken for a week. B)

I hope that you are enjoying season 9 and 2, I really am they just get better in my opinion. J

I hope that you Debbie and Mandy had a nice week, last week and that your weather is warmer than ours I think that winter has arrived I am going to have to get my hat and scarf out. Hope that the three of you are well *massive huggles for you all*. Take care. :bow:

*Looses track of whose log this is*

I'm very pleased that you're pleased with your MP3 player. Mines covered in duct on the bedroom shelf. I can't get it to work! Have you put those CDs on from downloading?

Hi TrekkieCara thanks, I am really enjoying my MP3 player I have only downloaded onto it so far from CD's I haven't tried buying anything on the internet to download yet. I am very bad with new technology so would probably mess it up. :)

I hope that you are well, take care. B)

That is cool! I intend to get a MP3 player very soon!

Hi Lursa, I didn't think that the MP3 player would be very useful until my sister got one and I saw what it could do. It's just really convenient to have loads of CD's to choose from at the touch of a button. I hope that you are able to get one. Take care. B)

Delta’s log star date 14 November 05

It has been a strange past week my sky box finally got fixed on Friday a week after it broke they found that the dig box had broken so now I have a new one and it works again yay a week without Sky was a lot to take.

Last Tuesday the hair dresser came to my house to cut my hair. I can’t go out to have it done so I have it done here. She is usually really good but I don’t know what went wrong. I have really long hair and asked for her to cut 5 inches of the bottom which would have still left it as long as the tops of my arms. There is no mirror so I didn’t see my hair until she had finished I nearly died, I certainly had a nasty shock she had taken my lovely long hair and cut it to jaw length. I think that I was very restrained I said thank you very much but all I wanted to do was cry. :)

My hair is the only thing that I like about myself and in 10 minutes she ruined it. I know it will grow but it will take at least year I recon to get back to as long as I wanted her to it cut to. I am still upset a week on she has made it virtually impossible to put up so it hangs annoyingly in my face aaarrrggghh. B)

Today is the first frosty day this year, there is a thick layer of frost on the trees, grass, everything it looks like a winter wonderland out there and very cold.

Delta signing off!

I hate my hair as well, sometimes, I have the dreadlock-style of hair and it can be very hard to maintain at times. Sometimes I wish that my hair was long as well!

Delta's log star date 16 November 05

I started some new pain medication last Friday well at least I thought it was new, now I find it is virtually the same as the stuff I was taking before the stuff that gave me very bad side effects and sure enough the side effects are back. I don't think that it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the same pills will do the same thing. :bow: :)

I don’t know, I am very fed up with myself today I feel very whingy and am annoying myself so goodness knows how much I must be annoying other people.

It is kind of overcast weather here today but the weather man threatens a big freeze over the next few days. They have already predicted the worst winter in 10 years so I think I had better get out my thermals. Knowing our weather people though, it will probably be the hottest winter on record they do have previous for getting the forecast very wrong. :)

I am going to start watching a new series tonight it looks very good it is called Threshold. It stars Mr Data himself so it should be good, it looks from the adverts a bit like the X- files which I used to love. :bow:

That's about all for now.

Moany old Delta Signing off!

Delta’s log star date 17 November 05

It has been -4C overnight wow only November and already a minus 4 tonight they say it will be minus 6C bbbrrrr it’s cold I need my woolly hat and mittens.

My mum has a heated ice scrapper for the car she put it in the microwave as usual this morning and when she opened the door it had doubled in size. There was a very loud fizzing noise and she threw the microwave door shut just in time to see the scraper explode.

She was lucky that she shut the door or she may have been hurt as the scrapper was full of very hot fluid and there were bits of exploded plastic that could have hurt her thank goodness she is alright. It certainly gave us both a very nasty shock you don’t expect massive explosions to come from your kitchen.

The new series called Threshold that started on TV here last night is very good, I think that it is very X-files but that is not a bad thing. I am certainly looking forward to the next episode. spacecraft.gif

That’s about all for today I am hoping that the rest of the day goes better than the exploding ice scraper incident it’s not the best way to start a Thursday. :biggrin:

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 24 November 05

The weather has turned very cold and frosty this week they say that it is going to be -10 at the weekend and predict snow. This winter is getting off to a super cold start. :(

There has not been very much going on here. My best friend is going to Barcelona tomorrow with her colleagues from work. They are going for a long weekend, sounds very nice to me and a lot warmer.

I am afraid that that is about it, I said it was boring around here. I am off to find my wooly jumper.

[/b]Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 25 November 05

It’s yet another freezing cold morning here. It’s so cold even my computer is shivering. :( We haven’t had any of the promised snow here yet but the ice has still made everything completely white.

My poor best friend, she was supposed to be off to sunny Barcelona today but the hotel phoned and said that they have been double booked so now she can’t go. They offered them next weekend instead but she is working so can’t go. :)

I am not up to much today, just taking it easy and trying to stay warm. Not easy in my house the heating system is rubbish and so are the window frames so all the lovely warmth escapes through them. Not for much longer though, the landlord is having new windows put in at some point. About time too. :(

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 25 November 05

It’s yet another freezing cold morning here. It’s so cold even my computer is shivering. :( We haven’t had any of the promised snow here yet but the ice has still made everything completely white.

My poor best friend, she was supposed to be off to sunny Barcelona today but the hotel phoned and said that they have been double booked so now she can’t go. They offered them next weekend instead but she is working so can’t go. ^_^

I am not up to much today, just taking it easy and trying to stay warm. Not easy in my house the heating system is rubbish and so are the window frames so all the lovely warmth escapes through them. Not for much longer though, the landlord is having new windows put in at some point. About time too. :(

Delta signing off!

We have been shivering over here as well,we had the worst snow storm ever recorded in dutch history yesterday with winds up to 120mph :) ...i was stuck on the motorway for 6hrs and when i managed to get off the police had closed the roads near my house because one of the dams had broken :( ...but i managed to find a back road home after 30 mins of driving around.

I got up this morning and all the snow has gone and its sunny...strange weather if you ask me,debbie says hi and she hopes you can keep warm...take care Delta and keep warm..lol :P :)

We have been shivering over here as well,we had the worst snow storm ever recorded in dutch history yesterday with winds up to 120mph :) ...i was stuck on the motorway for 6hrs and when i managed to get off the police had closed the roads near my house because one of the dams had broken :lol: ...but i managed to find a back road home after 30 mins of driving around.

I got up this morning and all the snow has gone and its sunny...strange weather if you ask me,debbie says hi and she hopes you can keep warm...take care Delta and keep warm..lol

Hi Hang and Debbie, that snow storm sounds awful I am glad to hear that you got home safely and the weather is better now. :lol:

We haven't had snow where I live but on the south coast it was very bad, scores of children got trapped at school last Friday night because they were snowed in and this really busy road that links Devon and Cornwall got grid locked so badly that rescue workers had to work through Friday night and Saturday morning to get people to shelter. Maybe there is something to the weather mans warning that this will be the worst winter on record, scary. :huh:

I hope that you all are managing to keep nice and warm and Mandy is well. Take care. :P :laugh:

Delta’s log star date 30 November 05

It has been pretty awful around here this past week, my Doctor put me on some new pain killing pills and I had a really bad reaction to them. My arms and legs became so painful that I could hardly move them the Doctor said that the pills had given me a condition called Myalgia a painful nerve condition which is really stupid because I was taking them to cure my sciatic nerve pain caused by my bad back.

The Doctor said that I had to come off them immediately because the problem was getting worse. My arms are a lot less painful now but still not quite right, the problem now is that the consultant at the hospital has said that he thinks that I should take a break from treatment for a while. He did not, however, describe what a while is. It sounds very much like he is giving up on me I don’t know right now if to be angry or just sit here and cry. :P :)

It is still really cold here but no snow, we are having new windows put into our house the first week after the new year so I am hoping I won’t feel so much like I am living in an ice box. :laugh:

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 8 December 05

Bored …Bored…Bored ! It is so quiet here today even the birds outside are not singing. I have been surfing around the web but still have not found anything interesting. It’s just one of those days. :(

It is quite cold out and was frosty earlier but most of that seems to have gone. It is just extremely dark it is 9.30a.m and it hasn’t even got light yet. I am wondering if it’s going to bother today. ^_^

On a really good note I think that we are going to put up our Christmas tree at the weekend… hurrah I love Christmas. My niece is getting so excited she can't wait I have already bought her present a lovely Barbie doll from the Pegasus movie. Her dress changes colour and she has a very cool light up wand. I also got her a Disney princess annual it's a lovely book with lots of things to do inside. I can't wait to give them to her. At the moment she is rehearsing for her school play she is playing an angel. I bet she will be brilliant. :( :)

That's all for now.

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date19 December 05

Yaaayyy, only a week until Christmas. I have spent most of the weekend watching some very good festive movies so I am in the Christmas mood now. B) B)

It said on the weather that it may even be a white Christmas but they do say that every year and they are consistently wrong. But still, I can dream. B)

I am not up to much at the moment but I thought that I would pop in and update my log. I am just having a quiet day at home. My mum is going out with her work colleagues to their annual Christmas dinner so there should be some interesting stories for me to hear later.

That’s about all for now.

fest22.gifHo Ho Ho

A Christmassy Delta signing off! :blink:

Hope you had a great X-mas Delta B) B) ..all the best for the new year from Debbie,Mandy and me!!! B) B) :flowers B)

Hope you had a great X-mas Delta :clap::laugh: ..all the best for the new year from Debbie,Mandy and me!!! :clap: :lol: :flowers :rofl:

Thanks Hang I hope that you all had a lovely time too. Happy new year and lots of luck in 2006 for you, Debbie and Mandy. Take care *huggles*. :eek::clap:

Delta’s log star date 18 January 2006!

Wow it’s my first log entry of 2006 I have not been on line for quite some time because it has been busy here what with Christmas, the new year and then having all the windows in my house replaced.

I had a really lovely Christmas and was very lucky getting lots of nice presents. My niece adored the doll and annual I bought her she was so please. New years eve was, as usual for me very quiet but new years day was very busy with my family coming around we had a really good time.

Now I have new windows in the house I can’t believe the difference in the temperature of all the rooms I used to sit here typing with blue hands from the cold but now it’s lovely and warm. It was great because the workmen hardly made a speck of dust and did a really good job.

I am having a nice quiet week this week just chilling a bit. That's all folks. :hug:

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 25 January 06!

It has been very boring around here these past few days. The temperature outside is below freezing and it’s very cold especially at night.

I have been looking into buying a Sony PSP I have wanted one since they first came out and have finally saved up some money. I am just having trouble parting with the money they are so very expensive and none of my friends have one that I can try before I buy so I guess I’m a bit worried it won’t be as good as it seems. :blink:

I found out last week that there is a new Tomb Raider game out for the PS2 next month. I can barely wait, I love Tomb Raider I have completed all the other games. They have changed the company who make it so I hope they haven’t messed the game play up and I hope that you can still make her do a cool handstand. :eekout:

With that and the new Stargate SG-1 PC game also out next month one thing that February should not be is boring. I shall be getting sore thumbs from all that gaming. Hurrah. :blink:

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 25 January 06!

It has been very boring around here these past few days. The temperature outside is below freezing and it’s very cold especially at night.

I have been looking into buying a Sony PSP I have wanted one since they first came out and have finally saved up some money. I am just having trouble parting with the money they are so very expensive and none of my friends have one that I can try before I buy so I guess I’m a bit worried it won’t be as good as it seems. :eekout:

I found out last week that there is a new Tomb Raider game out for the PS2 next month. I can barely wait, I love Tomb Raider I have completed all the other games. They have changed the company who make it so I hope they haven’t messed the game play up and I hope that you can still make her do a cool handstand. :blink:

With that and the new Stargate SG-1 PC game also out next month one thing that February should not be is boring. I shall be getting sore thumbs from all that gaming. Hurrah. :lol:

Delta signing off!

Glad to read everything is going well..sorry its been a little boring for you but that will change if you buy a PSP... i have had one for 3 months now and i have the problem with ...."do i play on my PSP or PS2" lol.

Have fun Delta and take care..*MASSIVE HUGS* :blink: from the whole Hang family :lol:

Delta’s log star date 5 February 05

I am having a nice quiet day today my family have gone out for a trip to the garden centre so I can have a bit of quiet time with the computer.

I bought a Sony PSP last week and it is so wonderful I have to force myself to put it away to do anything else.

My mum has been off work on leave this past week and it has been really great we have just chilled out it is a shame that she has to go back next week and I will be on my own. B)

At least I will have plenty of time to play my PSP. :laugh:

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 8 March 06

Wow it’s been ages since I have been on line here. It has been so hectic with one thing and another. <_<

Firstly my hot water tank broke and we had no hot water for two weeks the plumber came around nearly every day to try and fix it, the problem with that was because he had a key as the house is rented he came round whenever it suited him so I ended up having to stay upstairs for the whole day in case I was on the stairs when he arrived. It takes me so long to get up or down the stairs with my bad back that he would have been kept waiting ages. :lol:

Two weeks later the tank was fixed and we finally had hot water but I had caught some kind of virus and had to spend the next week in bed because I felt so ill.

All in all I have not had a chance to go on line for what seems like ages. Anyhoo, I am back now and have decided to get more up to date so I am going to look into getting broadband. I have a dial up internet connection now that feels like it takes a year and a day to download anything so it should be much faster I just have to find a good deal. It is definitely a jungle out there with so many options to choose from half of which I don't understand. :P

That’s about all for today. I shall go and have a surf around and try and find a broadband package that doesn’t break the bank every month. :P

Delta signing off!

Delta’s log star date 8 March 06

Wow it’s been ages since I have been on line here. It has been so hectic with one thing and another. :look:

Firstly my hot water tank broke and we had no hot water for two weeks the plumber came around nearly every day to try and fix it, the problem with that was because he had a key as the house is rented he came round whenever it suited him so I ended up having to stay upstairs for the whole day in case I was on the stairs when he arrived. It takes me so long to get up or down the stairs with my bad back that he would have been kept waiting ages. :laugh:

Two weeks later the tank was fixed and we finally had hot water but I had caught some kind of virus and had to spend the next week in bed because I felt so ill.

All in all I have not had a chance to go on line for what seems like ages. Anyhoo, I am back now and have decided to get more up to date so I am going to look into getting broadband. I have a dial up internet connection now that feels like it takes a year and a day to download anything so it should be much faster I just have to find a good deal. It is definitely a jungle out there with so many options to choose from half of which I don't understand. :eek:

That’s about all for today. I shall go and have a surf around and try and find a broadband package that doesn’t break the bank every month. :)

Delta signing off!

Your right it has been a long time since your last vist :look: hope your feeling welll and are having fun with your PSP *wink*,if i was you delta i would switch to broad band...its 100 times better then dail up!!....i have to rush off but take care from all the hang family and please come back soon *massive hugs*.

Your right it has been a long time since your last vist :P hope your feeling welll and are having fun with your PSP *wink*,if i was you delta i would switch to broad band...its 100 times better then dail up!!....i have to rush off but take care from all the hang family and please come back soon *massive hugs*.

Get boardband. It will make a world of difference.

Delta's log star date 22 March 06!

Hi Hang and Odie :bag: :P thank you for your messages. I am still procrastinating over broadband but you are both right I am sure it would be much better. The reason I don't come to STF so much any more is that the site takes over 5 minutes to load on my computer, then each page nearly a minute which it says on the broadband guide lines will take less than 0.8 seconds. I really must stop messing about and get it installed. :)

I am enjoying my PSP immensely, thanks Hang, it's very hard to put down. At the moment I'm playing Metal Gear Acid, I haven't played any Metal Gear games before but it is brill. All that sneaking around is surprisingly great fun.

I have a rotten cold at the moment my whole family just seem to be sending bugs around to each other in circles, every time one of us gets something we all get it. So I am sitting here wrapped in a blanket with a huge pile of tissues and a hot drink hoping it will get lost very soon. I kind of look like this-----> :yahoo:

Last week was the last episodes of Stargate SG-1 season 9 and Atlantis season 2 and what an amazing pair of cliff hangers. My nails are going to be bitten down all summer desperately waiting for them both to return in the winter. I have been watching Battlestar Galactica and am really enjoying it. It is no substitute for Star Trek but it has a good story line and great special effects. I was a real fan of the old series I grew up watching them and was not expecting to enjoy this new take on a classic but I was very wrong.

Anyhoo, I had better go and nurse my cold and have some more pills. :)

Delta signing off!