Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta

Delta's new log

Delta's log stardate 17 June 05

Well here is my nice new log to share my thoughts on a day to day basis please feel free to comment. :huh:

It is a very overcast but warm day here in my part of England. I hope that the sun will come out later. I'm having a quiet day doing a bit of posting and watching TV.

My sister, brother in law and niece are so excited they are off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow. My niece was up at 10p.m last night because she is so excited she can't sleep, she is only five. I hope the weather is nice for them and they have a great time. They have strict instructions to bring back lots of photos.

180px-Disneyland_paris.jpg

Delta signing off.

*Giggle* i am first to say welcome back to STF in your log :lol:

I look forward to chatting with you again its been a long time,hope the weather gets better for you :huh: bye Delta *Huggles*

Delta's log stardate 18 June 05

*Giggle* i am first to say welcome back to STF in your log B)

I look forward to chatting with you again its been a long time,hope the weather gets better for you B)  bye Delta *Huggles*

331568[/snapback]

Hi Debbie thanks. *huggles* B) :lol: <---for you and Mandy.

The weather here is scorching today it was so humid last night we had all the windows open. The weatherman says it's going to be 28C today and 32C tomorrow and will be hotter than the med, yay goody. :lol:

My sister and her family set out at 6a.m to go on holiday they just text me to say they reached the Eurotunnel so they will be in France in no time.

My niece is so funny her dad said that the tunnel went under the sea so she told me yesterday that she was going to wave to the mermaids and star fish for me. She is so cute. I hope the weather is as nice for them in Paris as it is here. :P

I'm off to enjoy the sun. B)

Delta signing off!

I liked EuroDisney (as it was called when I went in '92 -- unfortunately, they hadn't finished building everything yet). I hope they have a nice time.

I'm considering taking the Chunnel when I come to London this fall. Have you ever taken it to Paris (gee, maybe I can head to Disney again)? How long does it take?

I feel you re: the weather. We just had a break in a 2 week hot & humid spell but my air conditioner's probably on for good now. Stay cool.

I liked EuroDisney (as it was called when I went in '92 -- unfortunately, they hadn't finished building everything yet). I hope they have a nice time.

I'm considering taking the Chunnel when I come to London this fall.  Have you ever taken it to Paris (gee, maybe I can head to Disney again)?  How long does it take?

I feel you re: the weather.  We just had a break in a 2 week hot & humid spell but my air conditioner's probably on for good now.  Stay cool.

331934[/snapback]

Hi athena28, thanks, it was still EuroDisney when I went there in 1994 it's odd how they changed the name and the park started getting more visitors the media kept saying it would close down by the mid '90s, I'm glad they were wrong.

I have never been through the tunnel. My sister got on the train at 09.00 and text me that she had arrived in Paris at 13.40 but I don't know if they stopped off on the way so I will ask her when she gets back. :thumbs:

Delta's log stardate 20 June 05

It has been so hot here over the weekend they have been saying on the news that roads are melting. :eek:

It's only 9a.m here and the sky is very overcast but it's that kind of foggy cloud that usually means that when it burns off it's going to be super hot. :P

My poor tropical fish are really suffering it's strange seen as most of their ancestors came from the Amazon but they look very sorry for themselves on days like these.

I don't have anything planned so I'm going to have a quiet day just reading and using the computer.

Delta signing off!

A nice quite day sounds nice. I hoe you are able to stay cool.

332385[/snapback]

Hi Spike The Trill, thank you. :)

Delta's log stardate 22 June 05.

Well it's still really hot here it's going to be 28C today with clear skies.

Yesterday was the first official day of summer and the garden is looking lovely, my mum worked really hard to plant it up and she did a great job. There are loads of buds on the plants almost ready to open, I hope this hot weather doesn't kill them off. I'm a real softie I love flowers especially roses I have four in the garden and would have more if I could. :(

My sister rang from Disneyland Paris last night they are having an amazing time my niece, Laura is loving it she has met loads of the characters and has even had a dance with Minnie Mouse. :(

My brother in law said that my sister is feeling better and is really relaxed and chilled out which is great to hear because she had a really bad chest infection before she went and was very stressed up. It's amazing what a few days away from the stresses of normal life can do. :)

That's all for today.

Delta signing off!

:( Glad to read things are going well,its gonna be hot here today as well in the 30's the weather man just said on dutch tv :) which is a bit too hot for Mandy and for me cuz i cant handle that type of heat cuz i end up this color---> :) ..lol

Debbie says hi and sends *huggles* have a nice day and enjoy the good weather :(

:) Glad to read things are going well,its gonna be hot here today as well in the 30's the weather man just said on dutch tv :) which is a bit too hot for Mandy and for me cuz i cant handle that type of heat cuz i end up this color---> :( ..lol

Debbie says hi and sends *huggles* have a nice day and enjoy the good weather :)

332953[/snapback]

Hi Hangon, 30's phew that's too hot for me too, it was 32 here on Sunday I sat here infront of a fan moaning about how hot it was all day. I'm hoping there will be a nice breeze or something just to take the top off it. *Huggles to you Debbie and gentle ones for Mandy*.

I hope Mandy doesn't get overheated, I remember how hard it was to keep my niece cool in this type of weather when she was a baby. I hope you all have a lovely day, take care. :( B)

I hope Mandy doesn't get overheated, I remember how hard it was to keep my niece cool in this type of weather when she was a baby. I hope you all have a lovely day, take care. 

*WAVES* :( we had a great day but after a few hours we came home from the lake it was tooooo hot even for me but Mandy didnt seem too bothered about the heat,on her buggy we have a folding sun screen and we put her under a tree so that kept her cool :)

I was reading about niece in Disneyland Paris,my sister is going next week for 2 weeks they went last year and had a great time,mabe when Mandy is 3 years old we will take her :(

Hope you had a nice day Delta take care see you soon :) <---from me and Mandy!!

I hope Mandy doesn't get overheated, I remember how hard it was to keep my niece cool in this type of weather when she was a baby. I hope you all have a lovely day, take care.  

*WAVES* :lol: we had a great day but after a few hours we came home from the lake it was tooooo hot even for me but Mandy didnt seem too bothered about the heat,on her buggy we have a folding sun screen and we put her under a tree so that kept her cool :)

I was reading about niece in Disneyland Paris,my sister is going next week for 2 weeks they went last year and had a great time,mabe when Mandy is 3 years old we will take her :lol:

Hope you had a nice day Delta take care see you soon :huh: <---from me and Mandy!!

332988[/snapback]

Hi Debbie *waves back*, i'm glad you had a lovely day. This weather is so hot it's very hard to sit out for any length of time without feeling like you are in an oven. Mandy sounds like she takes everything in her stride. :hug: I hope that your sister has a lovely time at Disney, she may want to pack lots of sun cream if it's still like this, my sister has a mean case of sun burn.

I bet Mandy would love Disney when she is a bit older. My sister says my niece can't stop smiling, I wish I was there just to see her little face light up.

Take care and have a lovely day *huggles*. :hug: :)

Delta's log stardate 23 June 05

It's another lovely warm summers morning here in the UK there isn't a cloud in the sky the weather man says the temperature will reach 31C. B) They say it will break tomorrow and there will be thunder storms and pouring rain.

I'm not up to much today I think I will watch some Wimbledon (grass court tennis championship) on TV later. They have this cool feature on digital TV where you can watch any match that is been played on any court. I love new technology. :lol:

My sister said that she will ring us from France tonight, I can't wait for the next instalment of their adventures. I hope they are taking lots of footage on their video camera for us to see. :)

That's about all for today, stay cool.

Delta signing off!

I'm not up to much today I think I will watch some Wimbledon (grass court tennis championship) on TV later. They have this cool feature on digital TV where you can watch any match that is been played on any court. I love new technology.

My mother would love a digi box,you can get it here in holland but its not cheap :lol: we just get 1 & 2 on cable here so we have to watch which ever match the bbc put on :lol:

Glad you have good weather again,so do we and i think we are gonna go to the lake again with mandy and debs mum :huh: :hug:

Take care Delta bye for now :lol: :hug:

I'm not up to much today I think I will watch some Wimbledon (grass court tennis championship) on TV later. They have this cool feature on digital TV where you can watch any match that is been played on any court. I love new technology.

My mother would love a digi box,you can get it here in holland but its not cheap :lol: we just get 1 & 2 on cable here so we have to watch which ever match the bbc put on :)

Glad you have good weather again,so do we and i think we are gonna go to the lake again with mandy and debs mum :lol: :lol:

Take care Delta bye for now :hug: :huh:

333320[/snapback]

Thanks Hang, hope you all have a lovely day at the lake. Take care. :hug: :)

Delta's log stardate 24 June 05

This morning started off hot and sunny but THE biggest black cloud has just blown over. :huh: The weatherman said it's going to be major thunder storms with a risk of floods and tornadoes. Yes you heard right tornadoes can't say I've ever seen one of those in the UK. :lol: Unfortunately it's still going to be 31C which means with the rain that it's going to be very humid or muggy as I call it.

My sister called from Disney last night they were having a major thunder storm there. They bought my niece a sleeping Beauty dress yesterday it has shoes and a tiara with it. Apparently she looks gorgeous and people all around the park keep stopping them to tell her so. That's my niece alright only five and already a star :lol:

I'm looking for a new PC game to buy at the moment so far I've got it down to either Sim City 4 or Myst 4 so I'm going to look at some reviews of them today and see if I can decide.

I just noticed there is a new avatar competition so I may make myself a new one a nice moving one would be good. Not that mine would win any competitions I'm not that artistic but I would still like a new one.

I watched wimbledon yesterday afternoon only to witness Tim Henman crash out to an unseeded player, honestly I don't know why we all set our hopes on him every year. :lol: :hug:

Delta signing off!

Yeah, it's hot today (and tomorrow, too) -- about 95F.

I've been watching Wimbledon some mornings (it goes on about 8:00 am here).

The commentators talk about Tim Henman every year on ESPN & NBC too. I feel for him. It would be nice to see a Brit win it.

Glad the family's enjoying Disneyland Paris.

that too cool ,i'm writing mainly see if i get my pic to post having trouble ..i saw delta thought that just too cool..oh at or startrek.com stsf roleplaying or sim chat i graduated last weekto midshipmen_recycle.i'f i get this message again wonder if someone could lend hand..we need all work together like they do trek..startrekfan.net or startrek.com too awsome at times..this is error i get here..THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

The requested file upload failed. This is either because it was not in the correct format, or the file size was larger than that allowed. Please check the file you wish to upload and try again. ty

this is error i get here..THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

The requested file upload failed. This is either because it was not in the correct format, or the file size was larger than that allowed. Please check the file you wish to upload and try again. ty

recycle, I have sent you a PM about this. Did you not receive it ? I don't believe that the upload feature will be working properly until after the next board upgrade. You'll have to host the pic somewhere..You should be able to find sites that offer free hosting or contact someone who will host the pic for you..

I apologize for posting this in your log Delta..Seemed like the thing to do. It's going to be another hot summery day here too. I love this weather.. :)

Yeah, it's hot today (and tomorrow, too) -- about 95F.

I've been watching Wimbledon some mornings (it goes on about 8:00 am here). 

The commentators talk about Tim Henman every year on ESPN & NBC too.  I feel for him.  It would be nice to see a Brit win it.

Glad the family's enjoying Disneyland Paris.

334296[/snapback]

Hi Athena28, thanks, I agree it would be nice to see Tim win. :jaw: The last Brit went out of the competition at the weekend so it won't be our year this time at least there is always next year. Take care :drool:

that too cool ,i'm writing mainly see if i get my pic to post having trouble ..i saw delta thought that just too cool..oh at or startrek.com stsf roleplaying or sim chat i graduated last weekto midshipmen_recycle.i'f i get this message again wonder if someone could lend hand..we need all work together like they do trek..startrekfan.net or startrek.com too awsome at times..this is error i get here..THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

334308[/snapback]

this is error i get here..THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

recycle, I have sent you a PM about this. Did you not receive it ? I don't believe that the upload feature will be working properly until after the next board upgrade. You'll have to host the pic somewhere..You should be able to find sites that offer free hosting or contact someone who will host the pic for you..

I apologize for posting this in your log Delta..Seemed like the thing to do. It's going to be another hot summery day here too. I love this weather.. :lol:

334599[/snapback]

I hope that you get the problem with your picture sorted out, Recycle. :drool:

No problem SpaceTigger, glad to hear that you are enjoying the sun. :jaw:

Delta's log stardate 27 June 05

After a thundery, wet weekend the weather is hot and sunny again. The garden enjoyed the rain and loads of my Marigolds and Snap dragons have come out. B)

My sister and family got home from Disney Land Paris late Saturday night. They all came over yesterday and bought there video camera so that we could watch the footage, it was awesome.

They had such a lovely time, my niece just looked so happy like she had found a corner of heaven on earth. :drool:

My niece met loads of the characters and had hugs and photos with them. She loved the rides, my brother in law said he couldn't believe that she kept saying "higher" and "faster" on all the rides especially seen as my sister is so scared of hights and going too fast. :drool:

Our family has had such a bad six months I'm so happy that they enjoyed themselves and that my niece was smiling so much again. :jaw:

I'm just trying to keep cool in the heat and watching some TV. I'm still trying to decide which PC game to get I have seen another one that may be a contender called Balders gate it looks like a cool RPG. I may try to find some more reviews.

That's all for today, stay cool. B)

Delta signing off!

I'm just trying to keep cool in the heat and watching some TV. I'm still trying to decide which PC game to get I have seen another one that may be a contender called Balders gate it looks like a cool RPG. I may try to find some more reviews.

That's all for today, stay cool.  B)

Hey Delta*HUGS* its hot here as well again today :wow: ..may i sugest a good game??..metal gear solid 3 or splinter cell chaos some people would say these are not girls games but belive me deb can kick butt on splinter cell :P ...anyway i hope you find a good game,enjoy the weather take care :lol: *Massive hugs* :wow: ..from the whole Hang family :unsure:

If your getting a pc game, get one of these:

1. Halo

2. WoW(Word of Warcraft)

3. Counterstrike/Half Life 2

4. Counterstrike/Half Life

5. Starcraft/SC: Brood War(expansion)

6. Any Other Warcraft Game

7. Any GTA Game(EXPLICIT CONTENT)

8. The Sims 2 + all expansions and updates

9. Need For Speed: Underground or Underground 2 (i'm pretty sure you can get those on PC)

10. Wait till Halo 2 comes out on PC, then buy it.

Hey Delta*HUGS* its hot here as well again today B) ..may i sugest a good game??..metal gear solid 3 or splinter cell chaos some people would say these are not girls games but belive me deb can kick butt on splinter cell ...anyway i hope you find a good game,enjoy the weather take care  :wow: *Massive hugs* B) ..from the whole Hang family :P

335329[/snapback]

Hi Hang, glad it's still nice and hot where you are. Thanks for the game suggestions, I will look them up. *Massive hugs to you all* take care :wow: :wow:

If your getting a pc game, get one of these:

1. Halo

2. WoW(Word of Warcraft)

3. Counterstrike/Half Life 2

4. Counterstrike/Half Life

5. Starcraft/SC: Brood War(expansion)

6. Any Other Warcraft Game

7. Any GTA Game(EXPLICIT CONTENT)

8. The Sims 2 + all expansions and updates

9. Need For Speed: Underground or Underground 2 (i'm pretty sure you can get those on PC)

10. Wait till Halo 2 comes out on PC, then buy it.

335331[/snapback]

Hi LordOfTheBorg, thanks for the list of games. I will look them up. :) Thanks again.

Delta's log stardate 38 June 05

It's a nice sunny day here again. I'm not getting up to much today just having a nice relax, watching a bit of TV.

My niece didn't want to go back to school yesterday after her holiday but when she got there the other children were so excited to see her and hear about her trip to Disney she was treated like a star. She really enjoyed her first day back. :lol:

I'm watching a daft game show at the moment and the girl is having to pick up snakes and look at them to find the clue. I feel sorry for the snakes they look more scared of her than she is of them. Poor things. :unsure:

Well I'm off to enjoy the sun for a while. B)

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 29 June 05

It is raining outside today and that reflects my mood unfortunately. I had a letter this morning saying that my employer is having a meeting about terminating my employment.

It is only fair I have been off injured for a very long time but that doesn't mean it sucks any less. B) I have to telephone my union rep later this morning because she is attending the meeting for me. She said she may be able to get a bit longer for me but I really doubt it. :P

I also have a really sore leg today to go along with all my other health problems. I was putting my sock on at the weekend and caught the back of my leg with my nail. The medication i'm on makes my skin like paper and I got a nasty deep cut unfortunately it has got infected.

I have been keeping it clean and looking after it, i'm a nurse so know how to stop infection but the blood supply to that leg is poor so it now has a huge hot red ball of a mark around it. If it's no better by tomorrow i'm going to the Doctors. :wow:

Sorry I'm such a grump today, I can't think of anything happy to say. :unsure:

Delta signing off!

Dont say sorry for being grumpy Delta,after reading your last log entry you have every right to feel that way :unsure: :P ....try to think about the good things in your life it may help a little and if that dont work then Mandy sends a *Bubble kiss* :kisss: cheer up things will work out in the end B)

*MASSIVE HUGGLES* from debbie :wow:

I hope it works out for you.  :P

335725[/snapback]

Thanks for your kindness Odie. I hope that you are having a nice day. :wow:

Dont say sorry for being grumpy Delta,after reading your last log entry you have every right to feel that way  B) ....try to think about the good things in your life it may help a little and if that dont work then Mandy sends a *Bubble kiss* :kisss:  cheer up things will work out in the end B)

*MASSIVE HUGGLES* from debbie  :wow:

335755[/snapback]

Hi Hang, Debbie and Mandy thanks for your kind words, huggles and especially for the bubble kiss kinda sticky but does the trick it has really made me smile. :lol:

*MASSIVE HUGGLES* for all of you*. :unsure: :wow:

I hope you are all having a lovely day and that the sun is shining, take care *HUGS*. :)

Delta's log star date 30 June 05

It's another over cast day here. My leg is feeling a bit better and the swelling is going down so I'm not going to the Doctors. :lol:

I spoke to the union rep yesterday about my contract being terminated and he doesn't hold much hope so it looks like by this time next week I will be jobless, money less and career less. The problem with nursing is if you are away too long you have to do some level of retraining and it cost me a fortune the first time. <_<

Never mind, there is nothing that I can do about it except sit and wait for others to determine my fate. I think that is the worst thing I have always been very independent and now other people take a lot of decisions out of my hands. It will be the first time in my life that I am unemployed. I got my first part time job at 15 and have worked ever since. :unsure:

I'm off to have some lunch maybe a bagel and jam will sweeten my mood.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 1 July 05

It's been another difficult day. I have had a letter from the personnel department at my work that shows my employment history and the first five years is completely wrong. I would think after 10 years loyal service the least they could do is have the decency to get it right. :P

Sorry I,m on my soap box again it's just that I have tried to ring four people today to sort out my case before Tuesday and nobody seems to work there on a Friday. Maybe they are all hiding from me. :)

It's another overcast day. I start new pain medication tonight. The Doctor has told me that for at least the first two weeks I can expect a profound sedative effect and I will probably feel really bad. I'm not looking forward to it at all and it's come at the worst time when I need to be alert to deal with all the rubbish connected with the meeting on Tuesday. Ho hum. :P

Well I'm off I think I may watch some wimbledon and if I can get out of bed tomorrow that Live 8 thing is on and there may be some good bands playing. :P <--I needed a tribble smilie to cheer me up.

Delta signing off!

Work can be a diffcult thing. I look at work like how i look at meeting new people. lol

:lol: *waves* just saying Hi and i hope your having a nice weekend and that you have good weather B) take care and see you soon :hug::hug:

And a kiss from Mandy :kisss: