Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delta

Delta's new log

here is  :P  from me to you.

336343[/snapback]

Thanks Odie :lol: B)

Work can be a diffcult thing. I look at work like how i look at meeting new people. lol

336676[/snapback]

Hi Lursa, thanks. B)

:hug: *waves* just saying Hi and i hope your having a nice weekend and that you have good weather  take care and see you soon  :hug:

And a kiss from Mandy :kisss:

336877[/snapback]

Hi Debbie *waves back* I hope that you had a nice weekend too. The weather here has been pretty miserable, I hope that yours is better. *HUGS* for you and Mandy. B)

Delta's log star date 04 July 05

It has been a strange weekend I have been taking my new pain killers they make me very tired in a sort of been hit by a sledge hammer way. It comes on very suddenly and I just can't keep my eyes open. The Doctor says to give it two weeks to get used to. :P

I watched Live 8 on Saturday when I was awake I thought all the bands were great I hope it achieves something and helps to get the politicians to listen. Unfortunately because Live 8 was on and I didn't want to miss the historic occasion I missed Venus Williams winning at Wimbledon. I really like her i'm very glad that she won again.

It's very dull and overcast here I don't know if we are forecast any sun this week.

I'm off now it's 10.30a.m but I think i'm going back to bed for a few hours to try and sleep off these pills I'm falling asleep as I type. I normally talk rubbish but these pills make it worse so I better go before I ramble on any more.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 5 July 05

Well today is the day when they decide if I have a job any more, the meeting is at 11.30a.m then hopefully they will ring me to tell me the outcome. :lol:

My union rep isn't going to the meeting he just sent a statement so he must think there is very little hope of me keeping my job or he would have gone and fought for it. B)

My sister rang a few minutes ago and told me that they have been having trouble getting my niece to school she usually loves it but recently she has not wanted to go. It turns out that some horrid little boys have been hitting her at lunch time. I am so upset, the thought of those nasty little menaces (thinking of a stronger unpostable word) hurting my little niece who wouldn't hurt anyone makes my blood boil. :hug:

I know kids get bullied when they go to school, I was, my whole school life was made miserable by bullies but I wanted better for her I didn't want her to be scared to get up in the morning because she has to face a bully who has nothing better to do.

It's hard because I know that she has got to sort it out for herself and there is nothing we can do but tell the teachers and give her advice. :hug:

On that frustrated note i'm off to watch some TV.

Delta signing off!

good luck!

337319[/snapback]

Thanks Spike The Trill. :laugh:

Delta's log star date 6 July 05

I waited all day for the woman from personnel to phone and tell me how the meeting went and whether I still have a job. She didn't ring. I think it's a real cheek I have worked there for almost 10 years and they can't even take 2 minutes to put me out of my misery. :laugh:

My niece was a bit happier at school yesterday the teacher sat the bully near her and supervised while they worked on a painting, the bully didn't do anything at lunch time and before she went home he was very polite to her and said "have a nice evening" so she is feeling less worried about school. :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait for my phone call it's 8a.m now so I thought I would post in my log before there was a chance she may ring.

I am so sleepy right now my eyes keep closing as I type, I know it's the medication but it doesn't make it easier to stay awake. :blink:

Delta signing off!

There are so many ways adults can correct the actions of bullies. It shouldn't be up the child on how to deal with bullies. They really don't have to tools to deal with it. If they don't get any help when the bulling starts early they could land up being bullied until they are finished with school with the feeling that they weren’t worthy enough on getting the help on how to deal with it. Also if the bullies where adults they would be bought on criminal charges.

At least they could have told you that you have your job or not. It would seem your 10 years means nothing to them. No offense towards you.

There are so many ways adults can correct the actions of bullies.  It shouldn't be up the child on how to deal with bullies.  They really don't have to tools to deal with it.  If they don't get any help when the bulling starts early they could land up being bullied until they are finished with school with the feeling that they weren’t worthy enough on getting the help on how to deal with it.  Also if the bullies where adults they would be bought on criminal charges.

At least they could have told you that you have your job or not.  It would seem your 10 years means nothing to them.  No offense towards you.

337425[/snapback]

I totally agree Odie, I don't think there is enough done about bullies in school.

I was bullied all my school life and I know how it makes you feel, I want more for my niece than that.

I remember one time when a girl had thrown a chalk eraser at my head and it had hit me hard. I finally got the courage to tell the teacher as the girl had been bullying me for five years and he had the nerve to say that he didn't want to upset her, so he had both of us in the office and told us both off like I had done something wrong as well. All I had done was sit there getting on with my work minding my own business but he didn't want to upset her. Totally ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I have jumped on my soap box again, bullying is such an emotive subject. I hope that you have a good day Odie. :laugh:

Delta's log supplemental

I just rang personnel she said she was about to ring me, yeah right. They have terminated my contract on grounds of ill health. I guess that is that then, I get nine weeks pay because I have served nine and three quatre years. :laugh:

It hasn't sunk in yet, I have had a job of some kind since I was fifteen, now i'm unemployed and unemployable because of my stupid back. Three years training to be a nurse and now it's all gone. I can't even think about the future because at the moment there isn't one.

Delta signing off!

There are so many ways adults can correct the actions of bullies.  It shouldn't be up the child on how to deal with bullies.  They really don't have to tools to deal with it.  If they don't get any help when the bulling starts early they could land up being bullied until they are finished with school with the feeling that they weren’t worthy enough on getting the help on how to deal with it.  Also if the bullies where adults they would be bought on criminal charges.

At least they could have told you that you have your job or not.  It would seem your 10 years means nothing to them.  No offense towards you.

337425[/snapback]

I totally agree Odie, I don't think there is enough done about bullies in school.

I was bullied all my school life and I know how it makes you feel, I want more for my niece than that.

I remember one time when a girl had thrown a chalk eraser at my head and it had hit me hard. I finally got the courage to tell the teacher as the girl had been bullying me for five years and he had the nerve to say that he didn't want to upset her, so he had both of us in the office and told us both off like I had done something wrong as well. All I had done was sit there getting on with my work minding my own business but he didn't want to upset her. Totally ridiculous. :laugh:

Sorry, I have jumped on my soap box again, bullying is such an emotive subject. I hope that you have a good day Odie. :lol:

Delta's log supplemental

I just rang personnel she said she was about to ring me, yeah right. They have terminated my contract on grounds of ill health. I guess that is that then, I get nine weeks pay because I have served nine and three quatre years. :laugh:

It hasn't sunk in yet, I have had a job of some kind since I was fifteen, now i'm unemployed and unemployable because of my stupid back. Three years training to be a nurse and now it's all gone. I can't even think about the future because at the moment there isn't one.

Delta signing off!

337438[/snapback]

I am really sorry to hear that Delta*massive hugs* i hope you will be able to sort something out :rolleyes: ..i really feel for you and i wish i could help but i cant except me and debbie are always here for you if it gets too much :blink: :blink:

I really feel for you. :rolleyes: The samething happen to my mother. She to had back problems as well. In fact she was a nurse herself. In the end it really didn't matter because she didn't work there for over a year and they just terminated her job, and she got nothing out of it.

I am really sorry to hear that Delta*massive hugs* i hope you will be able to sort something out :rolleyes: ..i really feel for you and i wish i could help but i cant except me and debbie are always here for you if it gets too much :laugh:  :laugh:

337440[/snapback]

I really feel for you.  :blink:  The samething happen to my mother.  She to had back problems as well.  In fact she was a nurse herself.  In the end it really didn't matter because she didn't work there for over a year and they just terminated  her job, and she got nothing out of it.

337441[/snapback]

Thanks Hang and Odie for your support I really appreciate it, you are very kind. *massive hugs* :blink: :lol:

My family keep telling me it will all be ok and sort itself out, it's hard to belive that right now but i'm working on it. I will just have to carry on doing what I have been doing since I hurt my back and that is to take one day at a time.

Delta's log star date 7 July 05

It is raining here today and really quite cold for July. I have an appointment with the pain nurse this afternoon. I have only seen her once for an assessment so I don't know what she will have me doing. :rolleyes:

The people that own next door are renovating the kitchen and bathroom they are banging so loudly that I think they are about to come through the wall.

I'm just resting until I have to go to my appointment.

Delta signing off!

I hope you are doing ok, after everything that's happened today.

337786[/snapback]

Thank's Spike The Trill, I am ok, just shocked.

Delta's log star date 8 July 05

I am still shocked today about the events of yesterday. I can't believe that it happened, it just shows that the war on terror goes on. I'm so sad and angry that it happened. They are saying on the news that there may be more fatalities, it's awful.

It's 08.45a.m They just said on the news that they have evacuated Euston underground station I pray that it is just a false alarm and not a repeat of yesterday.

I'm going to have a quiet day today, just have a rest after my hospital appointment yesterday.

That's all for now.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 11 July 05

It is very hot here today, it has been a lovely sunny weekend and is supposed to be hot all this week. :)

I went to the pain clinic at the hospital last week and the nurse there said I should appeal against the decision that my employer made last week to terminate my contract. She said that the trust had not contacted her or the consultant to ask about the new treatments I was starting and they should have because they were not giving a chance for the new treatment to work.

I have to ring my union representative and ask him about appealing today but he is the hardest person to contact he is never in the office and no one passes on any messages, :) it could be a long day.:)

Delta signing off!

good luck with the union i hope you get an appeal and win your case Delta *fingers crossed* :P

Its hot here again today 29c which is not too bad,yesterday was 32c which for me is way too hot :)

*massive hugs* from debbie... take care and again good luck :)

:)

good luck with the union i hope you get an appeal and win your case Delta *fingers crossed*  :(

Its hot here again today 29c which is not too bad,yesterday was 32c which for me is way too hot  :)

*massive hugs* from debbie... take care and again good luck :)

B)

338544[/snapback]

Hi Hang, thanks, it is about 28c here but it feels hotter, I'm melting. :P I'm glad that you are getting some sun as well.

I spoke to the union rep about an hour ago, he said he didn't think an appeal would work unless the doctors could give a time scale for me returning to work of about three months which I doubt they can do because they don't have a magic wand. :)

I shall check but I think I'm just going to have to bow out gracefully.

*massive hugs* for you, Debbie and Mandy. I hope the three of you are having a lovely day. B) B)

Delta's log star date 12 July 05

It is a lovely sunny and hot day here again. I'm not up to much, just watching a little TV and looking around the net a bit.

I was up really late last night trying to make a decision on whether to appeal or not. I think I have come to the decision not to. I spoke to my family last night and my friends and they said it was up to me and they would support the decision I made.

I don't think that there is any way a doctor could honestly say I would definitely be fit for work in three months and that is what it would take to overturn the decision.

I have another day before I talk to the union rep again and have to give my final answer but I think my mind is pretty well made up.

I'm off to have a bit of a lazy day.

Delta signing off!

:) *Huggles* just dropping in to say good luck with the man from the union,i hope it all works out for :)

I am trying to cool down cuz its hot here as well which is kinda making me feel sick :P

Take care Delta *huggles* from me and Mandy :) from Hang.

:( *Huggles* just dropping in to say good luck with the man from the union,i hope it all works out for B)

I am trying to cool down cuz its hot here as well which is kinda making me feel sick :P

Take care Delta *huggles* from me and Mandy :laugh: from Hang.

338799[/snapback]

Hi Debbie *waves*, I hope that you are having a nice week. It is too hot here too there is no in between it's either snowing or tropical. :eekout:

I have just noticed that your avatar says "thwacker of Hang" on it, hehe. B) Have a lovely day *huggles* for all three of you, take care. B) :P

Delta's log star date 13 July 05

*YAWN* I am so tired today, my new pain killers make me so sleepy I almost fell down the stairs this morning because I started to nod off again. I have to put the dose up every Friday for the next four weeks only then will I be taking as much as I should be. The only problem is I feel dreadful because of them and so tired and giddy that I worry about going upstairs. I think if this gets any worse I'm going to have to stop taking them.

It is only 8.30a.m here and already it's really hot. My niece finishes school today for the summer holidays. I can't believe that she will be in the second year in September. :wow:

That's all for now, I'm going to eat my breakfast and drink a lot of strong black coffee, see if I can wake up a bit more.

Delta signing off!

I hope you are feeling some what better now Delta *hugs*..i cant imagen what it must be like for you having to take meds but i suppose with out them you would be much worse B)

On the brighter side of things it was 23c at 9am here this morning :laugh: not the kind of weather i like first thing in the morning,i woke up and ran to the kitchen and stuck my head under the tap and gulped down water like a mad man..lol debbie went nuts cuz there was water all over :eekout:

Hope you have a nice evening take care :P :P from The Hang family :(

I have just noticed that your avatar says "thwacker of Hang" on it, hehe.

Thanks for saying that Delta,i had not noticed it till i read it...wait till i get my hands on her :wow:

I hope you are feeling some what better now Delta *hugs*..i cant imagen what it must be like for you having to take meds but i suppose with out them you would be much worse :(

On the brighter side of things it was 23c at 9am here this morning :P not the kind of weather i like first thing in the morning,i woke up and ran to the kitchen and stuck my head under the tap and gulped down water like a mad man..lol debbie went nuts cuz there was water all over :P

Hope you have a nice evening take care :)  :) from The Hang family

:hug:
I have just noticed that your avatar says "thwacker of Hang" on it, hehe.

Thanks for saying that Delta,i had not noticed it till i read it...wait till i get my hands on her :P

339154[/snapback]

Hi Hang, it's really hot here again today. I hate it when it is so hot in the night there is no fresh air circulating like last night. It looks like this weather is going to continue into the weekend. I hope I haven't got Debbie into trouble, sorry Debbie *Delta hangs head in apologetic way* :) <--to apologize.

I hope that you all have a nice day and that it isn't too hot for comfort. Take care and keep cool. *hugs* :hug:

Delta's log star date 14 July 05

It has been a horrible night, last night we heard on the news that a car involved in the London bombings was traced to a house in the town where I live. The police raided it, I don't think that they have found anything yet but they are still looking. I was really worried my sister and her family live in the town. This morning they said it was a few miles away from where she lives. Far enough away for them to be safe if anything happened.

This lunch time at 12.00BST there is going to be a two minute silence for the dead and injured they say on the news that lots of countries in the EU are going to observe the silence too. It still hasn't sunk in yet, how could people do that to other people. Innocent civilians who are just going about there business. It makes me so angry and so sad at the same time.

I will definitely be observing the two minutes silence, I know it's not much but at least it is something that I can do.

Sorry to go on, I have been watching the news too much and them finding that car here has just bought it even closer to home.

LOL no you have'nt got her in trouble,she did that all by her self :) :)

Its hot here as well 24c at 10:30am :P...we are going later to the out door swimming pool for Mandys first swimming lesson..daddy is gonna teach her :P ..

Take care and enjoy your day Delta :) :hug: from the Hang family :hug: :(

:P

LOL no you have'nt got her in trouble,she did that all by her self :) :)

Its hot here as well 24c at 10:30am :P...we are going later to the out door swimming pool for Mandys first swimming lesson..daddy is gonna teach her :P ..

Take care and enjoy your day Delta  :)  :hug: from the Hang family :hug:  :(

:P

339425[/snapback]

Thanks Hang, I hope that Mandy enjoys her first swimming lesson. Have a great day. :)

Hi Hang, it's really hot here again today. I hate it when it is so hot in the night there is no fresh air circulating like last night. It looks like this weather is going to continue into the weekend. I hope I haven't got Debbie into trouble, sorry Debbie *Delta hangs head in apologetic way*  <--to apologize.

I hope that you all have a nice day and that it isn't too hot for comfort. Take care and keep cool. *hugs*

:P *giggle* you dont have to apologize Delta hang was'nt to bad about it except when he told me i said to him it was not true cuz i forgot i did it, so because he proved me wrong i had a double nappy(diaper) change :P

Have a great day and dont get sun burned :) :P

Hi Hang, it's really hot here again today. I hate it when it is so hot in the night there is no fresh air circulating like last night. It looks like this weather is going to continue into the weekend. I hope I haven't got Debbie into trouble, sorry Debbie *Delta hangs head in apologetic way*  <--to apologize.

I hope that you all have a nice day and that it isn't too hot for comfort. Take care and keep cool. *hugs*

:P *giggle* you dont have to apologize Delta hang was'nt to bad about it except when he told me i said to him it was not true cuz i forgot i did it, so because he proved me wrong i had a double nappy(diaper) change :)

Have a great day and dont get sun burned :) :hug:

339459[/snapback]

Hi Debbie *waves* a double nappy change, yucky, sorry about that. I'm glad that you didn't get into too much trouble, I’m always saying the wrong thing and putting my foot in it d'oh. Hope that you have a lovely day and a great weekend. Take care *massive hugs* for you and Mandy. :hug: :(

Delta's log star date 15 July 05

Yipppeeee, I just got an email from Amazon saying that my copy of the new Harry Potter book; "Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince" was dispatched first thing this morning. I should get it tomorrow *does a little dance*. :P

I'm a big Harry Potter fan, I know I'm old enough to be his mother, well almost but I love those wizarding (<--made up word) adventures. They are so much fun. It is times like these that a little light relief is much appreciated.:) :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a much more serious note the police have confirmed that the house in my town is the house of one of the London bombers. It belonged to the (fill in word of your choice) who put the bomb on the bus. I am shocked and so are a lot of people that live here. Our town is just a quiet little market town where not a lot happens, until now that is.

It really brings it home, I can't believe that the man was in that house plotting to kill and injure hundreds of people. I don't say that many things are evil but what those men did and others like them in other countries, that is true evil.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 18 July 05

It has been a very quiet weekend here. It is still very hot and sunny. My first sweet peas came into flower yesterday they are lovely all different colours and very fragrant. :lol:

I got my copy of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince first thing on Saturday morning and started reading it yesterday. I think J K Rowling is an excellent writer she had me hooked in the first few lines and like with all the other Harry Potter books I didn't want to put it down. :oops:

That's about all for now. :lol:

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 19 July 05

There is not a lot going on here today. My niece came over last night it was really good to see her. She is very excited about the summer holidays. Today is her last day at school, she finishes at 2p.m then she has six weeks off school. I hope this nice weather keeps up so she can enjoy playing in the garden there is nothing worse than it raining all summer holiday. :(

I'm going to have a quiet day, catch up on some reading and that's about all.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 19 July 05

There is not a lot going on here today. My niece came over last night it was really good to see her. She is very excited about the summer holidays. Today is her last day at school, she finishes at 2p.m then she has six weeks off school. I hope this nice weather keeps up so she can enjoy playing in the garden there is nothing worse than it raining all summer holiday.  :lol:

I'm going to have a quiet day, catch up on some reading and that's about all.

Delta signing off!

341369[/snapback]

Hehe my little sis is the same her last day was friday and now she has also 6 weeks holiday :lol: she was at my house at 8:30am cuz debbie said she could come when ever she wants to see mandy :dude: dont get me wrong i love my little sis to bits but 8:30am is a bit to early for family Hang lol

Enjoy your day Delta :lol: :) :lol: from the hang family.

Hehe my little sis is the same her last day was friday and now she has also 6 weeks holiday :roflmao: she was at my house at 8:30am cuz debbie said she could come when ever she wants to see mandy  :bow: dont get me wrong i love my little sis to bits but 8:30am is a bit to early for family Hang lol

Enjoy your day Delta  :bow:  :hug::yahoo: from the hang family.

341451[/snapback]

Hi Hang, I hope that you, Debbie and Mandy are having a lovely day. Your sister sounds very sweet, she must have been very excited about coming to see Mandy to get up so early in the summer holidays. I hope that it is nice and sunny where you are, take care, *hugs* for the Hang family. :hug::clap:

Delta's log star date 20 July 05

I telephoned my union rep yesterday afternoon, I have decided not to appeal about the termination of my contract. The union rep agrees that it would probably be an awful lot of extra stress and they probably would not change their minds.

I have been sent lots of information about what to do next about claiming benefit and things so I have lots of reading to do. I can't apply for anything for the next seven weeks because I am being paid up until then but after that there will be lots of forms to fill in. :dude: I hate filling in forms.

I'm not up to much today I'm going to watch a little TV and start reading the information I have been sent so I know what i'm doing. That's about all for today.

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 21 July 05

I am feeling very sad today as I'm sure a lot of people here are after hearing that James Doohan had died. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends. :yahoo::roflmao:

I have an appointment at the hospital this afternoon with the pain nurse. I hope that it is more useful than the last one which was a waste of time.

That is all for today, I need to go and phone my brother in law now and tell him the sad news about James Doohan it's only 8.15a.m here so I don't think that he will have heard. I know he will be as sad as I am. :clap::dude:

Delta signing off!

Delta's log star date 26 July 05

It's kind of overcast here today as it has been all weekend and yesterday. I have not been around for a few days because I have been feeling unwell. I increased my dose of pain killer on Friday and it made me feel very bad. I feel much better today and am a lot more awake. I just couldn't wake up yesterday. :tear:

I'm not up to much today which is good. I am just going to watch TV for a while. Tonight is the penultimate episode of season four of Enterprise :tear: it will be really sad to see it finish. :cheers:

That's about al for now. Chill.

Delta signing off!