Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Star Trek technology

Which piece of minor Star Trek technology would you like to see become a reality?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which piece of minor Star Trek technology would you like to see become a reality?

• Transporters
    • Replicators
    • Holodecks
    • Hypo-sprays
    • Tricorders
    • Phasers

I like the idea of transporters. Travel is so boring when over long distances. Hyposprays would be good also cause who likes needles? But I would have to vote holodecks! The big daddy of them all. Great!

i voted holodecks cos i mean how cool would it be to use one! but it does use up a lot of energy to run it though. i guess only rich people could use them then :innocent:

I voted replicators as it would wipe out world famine and help to create the utopian society that Star Trek presents. However, if you have replicators then transporters and holo-decks would be there as well due to the fact that they use a similar technology.

Hyposprays and tricorders are already here. :laugh:

Du du du da da, du du du da da, BATMAN :innocent: !!!! ;)

It's a tie between holodecks and replicators.. Though I wouldn't call the replicator some "minor" equipment, it must be one of the most important technologies, just think about the possibilities..

It's a tie between holodecks and replicators.. Though I wouldn't call the replicator some "minor" equipment, it must be one of the most important technologies, just think about the possibilities..

When I said "minor" i meant not on the scale of warp drive and shields and torpedoes and stuff. Just small things that you could have in your home for example.

Holodeck, without a doubt. My first two holodeck programmes would be Trip 1 and Riker 1 :innocent:

Holodeck, without a doubt. My first two holodeck programmes would be Trip 1 and Riker 1 :laugh:

Or would you enjoy Trip and Riker and Tom Paris in: " :innocent: The Planet where men are slaves"?

Transporters! No more getting out of bed early just because I have to spend 35 minutes on the freeway fighting traffic just to get to work! No more suffering through bad dates! The possibilities are endless!

Holodeck, without a doubt. My first two holodeck programmes would be Trip 1 and Riker 1 :innocent:

You have great taste! Of course my programs would go something like Riker 1, Riker 2, Riker 3....... Nudge%20Nudge.gif

i said replacators caus tricorders and hypo-sprays already exsist and we are working on the transporter so next would be replactors besides no more starving people

and to think it all woun't be possable with out star trek

Holodeck, without a doubt. My first two holodeck programmes would be Trip 1 and Riker 1 :)

Or would you enjoy Trip and Riker and Tom Paris in: " :) The Planet where men are slaves"?

Yeah! That sounds good :laugh:

Holodeck, without a doubt. My first two holodeck programmes would be Trip 1 and Riker 1 :)

You have great taste! Of course my programs would go something like Riker 1, Riker 2, Riker 3....... Nudge%20Nudge.gif

LOL. I see your point, you never could get enough os spending time with Riker. :laugh:

Transporters...I would love to avoid the commute...I would also love to be able to visit friends in California so a transporter would be great. And imagine being able to have a few drinks and simply transport home without needing to drive or call a taxi.

Holodeck is what I voted for, but it was REALLY tough...they'd all be so useful (except perhaps a phaser, which I never want to become a reality!)

With the situation with both my mom's, and my car I can definately say I would love to have the transporters become a reality!

You didn't have an ALL OF THE ABOVE button !!!

I would love to see ALL of this tech become reality.

I guess if I HAD to choose--it would have to be a phaser!

Transporters--

travel is so boring, especially by car and I hate air travel !

This is actually becoming a reality. An Australian research team has successfully transported a laser beam. (It was one of the features on Startrek.com last year.)

Replicators--

I don't like to cook or have the time, so to be able to tell machine I want Chicken Marsalla (or anything else) and it would be prepared for me would be great!

Holodecks--

those would be sooo much fun.

Hypo-sprays--

to never have to get another injection...

Tricorders--

just plain cool.

Phasers--I can't count how many times I could have used one !!!

I CHOSE REPLICATORS BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE A HUGE HELP IN TODAY'S WORLD.

A REPLICATOR CAN PRODUCE FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHES AND MEDICINE FOR EVERY PERSON. :)

I voted for transporters.

Holodecks would be awesoeme, but I don't see any real need for them at the moment.

Replicators would be really cool, but I have a bad feeling that in todays world Americans would use them to replicate junk food and developing countries would use them for weapons more than anything else.

Transporters, IMO, would be an amazing, pollution free way to move around, I think that there should be one in each city/town unless they are excessivly huge. I'm saying this because I think it's pointless to transport three blocks down to see your friend. :lol:

I think that they'd also encourage people to see the world.

I voted for a Holodeck. Let's be honest--Who wouldn't want to own one?! Can you image the fun one could have with it? Certainly wouldn't be a need for TV programs anymore..Talk about entertainment!..But I would like to see Holodecks, Transporters and Replicators become a reality..That would be so cool.. :lol:

I voted Replicators. Sure, they would cure world famine and such but would also come in handy when I want something rare, and could just tell the computer what I want and BAM..there it is!

Transporter, with replicator as second.

I love to cook.. just hate to clean.

And, with Transporter, it would be so easy to go to that convention.. lol

:blink: B) TRANSPORTER! THIS WAY I COULD SEE THE COUNTRY AND VISIT OLD FRIENDS. REPLCATORS, WOULD BE NEXT. I CAN COOK, BUT I'M NOT A FANCY COOK LIKE MY "HOMER" AND GIRLS WANT. :wacko: :o