Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

what are you most frightened of?

Potato Bugs and Earwigs ain't got nothin' on Fire Ants. I want them to DIE, ALL of them, a very slow and painful death.

I did have a bug fly in my ear and get stuck one time, but I don't know what kind it was. I had to flush it out with the shower head, and I could hear it squeaking around in there. Horrible experience.

My biggest fear is doing something stupid that gets somebody killed. That's probably why Cogenitor got under my skin so badly.

I was told that one way to get rid of fire ants is sprinkle grits on their mounds. They will take the grits down and when they eat it will absorb their body juices and expand - exploding the ant from the inside. I tried it once but it rained right after so I resorted to more drastic means.

I did have a bug fly in my ear and get stuck one time, but I don't know what kind it was.  I had to flush it out with the shower head, and I could hear it squeaking around in there.  Horrible experience.

Doesn't that stink?!

When I was ten I had a mosquito fly into my eye and it got stuck right over the pupil. I had to go to the doctors, and they had to "freeze" my eye so they could remove it. Very freaky experience!

I heard and tried another way to at least confuse and trap ants....draw a circle around them...the chalk messes up their chemical trail they use to find their way to the mound....Tried it...it is funny to see them freak out...but after a while, the chalk wears off....

I heard and tried another way to at least confuse and trap ants....draw a circle around them...the chalk messes up their chemical trail they use to find their way to the mound....Tried it...it is funny to see them freak out...but after a while, the chalk wears off....

This is totally off topic, but that just reminded me off it. Next time you have ants in your house don't use bug spray, use baby powder. It kills them almost instantly and it's safe to use around kids and pets. And it doesn't stink. That's a bonus. winker.gif

This is totally off topic, but that just reminded me off it. Next time you have ants in your house don't use bug spray, use baby powder. It kills them almost instantly and it's safe to use around kids and pets. And it doesn't stink. That's a bonus. winker.gif

I think I'm going to have a hard time putting powder on a baby after reading that...but I'll try it.

So does anyone have a solution for catching lizards. One got in the other day and I haven't been able to track it down. I'm also terrified to touch the things to take them out.

Afraid of heights, loss of control/dementia, becoming blind, cockroaches.......such diversity in my list :innocent:

So does anyone have a solution for catching lizards.  One got in the other day and I haven't been able to track it down.  I'm also terrified to touch the things to take them out.

Get a cat. My cat Smoky, before she died, ate all the lizards arround. I dunno why, but she had a thing for bugs and lizards. Go figure.

So does anyone have a solution for catching lizards.  One got in the other day and I haven't been able to track it down.  I'm also terrified to touch the things to take them out.

Get a cat. My cat Smoky, before she died, ate all the lizards arround. I dunno why, but she had a thing for bugs and lizards. Go figure.

My cat just pulled the tails off and let the lizard go. Weird cat. cheeky-smiley-012.gif

Potato Bugs and Earwigs ain't got nothin' on Fire Ants.  I want them to DIE, ALL of them, a very slow and painful death.

I did have a bug fly in my ear and get stuck one time, but I don't know what kind it was.  I had to flush it out with the shower head, and I could hear it squeaking around in there.  Horrible experience.

My biggest fear is doing something stupid that gets somebody killed.  That's probably why Cogenitor got under my skin so badly.

I've never even seen a fire ant...they don't have them where i live, but if they did, that would prob be nyumber 2 on my list..lol, my list just keeps growing and growing :innocent:...maybe I shouldn't have started this post...pretty soon I'll be scared of everything :laugh:

I'm afraid of death so anything which is likely to cause it, i'm afraid of :innocent:

ahhhhh I just saw an earwig!! now i'm really scared, if I don't post for a week, its becasue i'm shut up in my room, petriffied. ok, its crawling up my wall, eeww! its so gross..I'm leaving my computer right now!

OK PEOPLE, JUST WHAT ARE "EARWIGS" gotta know it driving me crazy.

earwig.gif

this is what they look like Lessa

its even worse when its crawling right next to you.

and by the way, i got my mom to kill it, so I don't have to be scared and away from the computer for a week, I had to wake her up though while she was sleeping soundly, it was really late when I found it, but shes really used to me doing that now, lol

Yay, I got rid of the lizard. I coaxed it into a jar and tossed it (the lizard) outside. Now, we are both happy. Unfortunately, they were discussing at work that there were alligators in the pond. When I was in Tallahassee this lady went out to get in her car and there was a gator underneath. That's all I need is to go out to my car and step on a gator

OK, I know the topic is what are YOU most frightened of....but my little sister is deathly afraid of all breeds of spiders...to the point that one time she saw a daddy longlegs crawling on the ceiling, she screamed, jumped and accidentally pierced her arm on a bit of unfinished molding that was on the wall.

As for me and spiders....I can have them crawl on me...and they don't really bother me...but if they are the really BIG ones(no not daddy longlegs....the really big not-quite tarantula-like ones) I tend to jump. That, and I kinda freaked out a little when I had a brown recluse crawl on my foot. I tried to kick it off my foot, but ended up kicking toes first into our above ground pool instead. Oops and ouch!....

Here are my top three:

1 - spiders, 'cause I think they're about to usurp us evoloutinarily

2 - being eaten by a shark, feet first (thanks, JAWS)

3 - men who don't know how to bathe, for obvious (yechh!) reasons

I'm scared of death and doing something clumsy that would hurt me or something else.

2 - being eaten by a shark, feet first (thanks, JAWS)

omg! I forgot that one! I hated jaws. my mom and some of my firends think its kind of stupid and not scary, but I cannot stand it!

I am not really scared of sharks in particular...but there was definately a time I stayed out of the ocean...and this was not because of JAWS. It was a real life situation, well we were fishing about a 1/4 offshpre and my little brother(around 4 or 5 at the time) wanted to cool off, so my mom helped him over the side of our little boat....well my brother had scatched at a couple ant bites he had and had drawn a little blood. My sister, my friend and I all got hits on our poles and we reeled them in(since we all had "fish", my mom had brought my little brother in)...we each had a shark on our lines(mine was about a 2 1/2', my friends almost 2 1/2', and my sisters was around 1 3/4'). What we didn't know is that we were on their home, so to speak...when we looked in the water we could see them everywhere!

That was enough to make it so I would not swim when we were out on the boat(besides the fact that I do not swim well)....but one time we had to go ashore, when our propeller broke....well, we jumped out of the boat to bring it ashore, and then my friend collapsed in pain...the remnants of a man-of-war jellyfish had wrapped around her leg.

Just as we were taking care of her, we hear a lot of commotion at the shoreline....a man had caught a fish, but as he brought it in everyone nearby discovered that it in fact was a shark(the same species we caught). So that was the reason, taht I would not go into the water at the beach for a while......

A big mess...and a scary but true situation.....

My biggest fears used to involve firghtening ways of dying (drowning, buried alive, skinned, etc.). Then

I used to fear growing old. Later on, I feared Alzheimer's disease (I'm in a career in which I really need

to think lucidly), and I still fear that a little.

However, now I have children, and my fears changed from involving me to involving them. I used to

worry heavily about their physical health, but now my biggest fear is that the beliefs and convictions of my children will one day be tested, and I won't be able to do anything except watch. I know that they

will someday face that test, and it's up to me to prepare them to make the right choices, but it's still

a daunting task, and the time and form of the test can never be predicted. That's what I fear - failing

in my task to prepare my children to change the world.

Pretty corny, huh?

However, now I have children, and my fears changed from involving me to involving them.  I used to

worry heavily about their physical health, but now my biggest fear is that the beliefs and convictions of my children will one day be tested, and I won't be able to do anything except watch.  I know that they

will someday face that test, and it's up to me to prepare them to make the right choices, but it's still

a daunting task, and the time and form of the test can never be predicted.  That's what I fear  - failing

Pretty corny, huh?

There's nothing corny about a father caring for his children. hug.gif

My biggest fears used to involve firghtening ways of dying (drowning, buried alive, skinned, etc.).  Then

I used to fear growing old.  Later on, I feared Alzheimer's disease (I'm in a career in which I really need

to think lucidly), and I still fear that a little.

However, now I have children, and my fears changed from involving me to involving them.  I used to

worry heavily about their physical health, but now my biggest fear is that the beliefs and convictions of my children will one day be tested, and I won't be able to do anything except watch.  I know that they

a daunting task, and the time and form of the test can never be predicted.  That's what I fear  - failing

Pretty corny, huh?

thats one of the best responses i've seen yet, in no way is that corny. childrens lives, and what happens to them should be the biggest fear, and joy, in a persons life. far too many people dont show enough concern for their children, you should never feel that maybe thats corny. rikerchic give him some applause. :)

:) I don't like clowns either, I'm not hugely afraid but I wont let one be in my house. I don't like dolls with those blinkey eyes either....ewwww creepy!! Earwigs, gross, but a big fear....hmmmm, I think 3.dying and finding out that the people on the other side who I'd hope are happy to see me arent, 2.maybe that I'd wasted my life, 2.hadn't fufilled my purpose here on earth. 1.Die a horrible and painfull death.

never heard of clownophobia before, but the idea that loved ones wouldn't be happy to see you - creepy - add to mine the fear that there IS nothing after; i would hate to find myself alone on the other side...

The all powerful, omnipotent, IRS! Next Halloween I'm thinking of trick or treating as a Klingon IRS representative.

The all powerful, omnipotent, IRS!  Next Halloween I'm thinking of trick or treating as a Klingon IRS representative.

LOL!! B)

That would get people's attention! B)