Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

what are you most frightened of?

What scares you the most? darkness..heights...etc. Darkness and heights don't bother me (actually, i love heights!)

I know you might think I'm wierd, a lot of people do, but I am sooo scared of earwigs. i can't even stand to talk about them! ok now I'm really scared just thinking about it! i don't know what it is, but I freak out when I see an earwig, or even think about them! i just hate the way they move! If I see one, I run away really fast and scream, and am petrified, and don't talk for a week (ok, i'm exagerating a litle bit here, but seriously, except for the part about not speaking for a week, thats about what its like) and the worst part about it is, i don't like to kill it, so i hate it, but can't harm it. I have to get someone else to do it, and if i'm by myslef, I can't do anything about it! and they really like my yard for some reason, which is not good!

if you've never seen one i'll try to find a picture of them..and then post it..no, I think to hard..

so anyway, enough about my fear, what is it for you?

I can't stand the thought of loosing my sight. it scares the crap outa me.

by the way my friend and I as kids used to keep about 600 Earwigs we thought they were great :laugh: it was our earwig farm.

I'm really afraid of losing my hands, you do everything with them! It really scares me to think about it..

I'm allso Frightened of loosing my mind, but hen agane arent we all

I'm a little mad but I'm still in controle

I'm scared of the usual creepy crawlies, especially cockroaches. I had never seen one till we went to ibiza on holiday last year and they scared the crap out of me.i'm also scared of losing my teeth!!!! weird i know but i have nightmares about it sometimes.

I have to say I am actually the most scared of a situation where I have no control!

phobia: spiders; I dislike cockroaches but I don't have panic attacks when I see them. I did battle with a cockroach once that had more lives than Rasputin.

Genuine Fear: American drivers - people that drive their huge tanks at amazing rates of speed on the Interstate (with less than a car length between vehicles) particularly frighten me; as do people that chatter on cell phones, read the newspaper, shave, put on make-up and eat hamburgers in the driver's seat.

1. Going blind

2. Going deaf

3. Snakes

4. Being stung, stabbed, bitten, or killed by something in the ocean.

5. Clowns

I know, unsual fears... :laugh:

they aren't that unusual, your number 4 is my number 2, I love the ocean and swim in all the time, but i get so scared when i can't see the bottom of a lake or the ocean that something is going to come and attack me....

1. Going blind

2. Going deaf

3. Snakes

4. Being stung, stabbed, bitten, or killed by something in the ocean.

5. Clowns

I know, unsual fears... :laugh:

I've actually seen something about #5 - it's apparently more common than you would think.

#3 - is a pretty realistic fear - at least the rattlers, coral, cottonmouth and water mocassin.

I guess I need to add to my list. I like to go walking in the neighborhood but there is a big pond at the end of the road and I'm afraid I'll be out walking and come face to face with a gator and can't find anything to climb up on. I climbed into the bed of a parked pick-up once to get away from a dog.

I love the ocean and swim in all the time, but i get so scared when i can't see the bottom of a lake or the ocean that something is going to come and attack me....

I'd forgotten about that one. I have a fear of open water, or rather, what is in it that i can't go in, not even to paddle.

Having to wear glasses. I am the only one in my family that had perfect sight and it will go one day. I doubt i will be able to wear contacts.

And something happening to one of my children. No parent should have to outlive their child. :laugh: (this one is # 1)

I had a nightmare when I was pregnant with my daughter that she fell overboard when on a cruise so I'm terrified of taking her on a cruise.

My other main fear now would be the server of these boards crashing!! I don't think I could survive if I couldn't come here.

Well, I have a lot of minor fears I don't think about too often (ie losing my mind, terrorist attacks, bugs) but the big ones are death, living forever (I have a problem there, though :laugh:), public speaking, and us destroying the world. I think that's my #1 fear - what with global warming and mutating frogs...and no one seems to be doing a thing!! I feel so helpless (not to fond of that feeling either)

The most thing I am affraid of is the war in the Middle East coming here to American soil and leaving devastation in its wake. Another thing I am affraid of is the SARS disease getting out of hand as well. Enough about my phobias,bye for now.I want this to be purple :rolleyes:

Guest Ktrek

I think the greatest fear I have is the friends and relatives I know passing from this life to the next without having known the comfort, joy, and love I have found in my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ! There is no greater thing a person can possess than knowing the peace that surpasses all understanding and to know that when you close your eyes for the last time on planet Earth there will be one there to greet you with open arms and eyes filled with love because you have been redeemed and forgiven of all the evil things you have done in your life. I do not fear for myself but for others. All the things that have been mentioned are as nothing in comparison to what awaits you eternally if you do not know God. That is what you should really fear!

Ktrek

Well, I have a lot of minor fears I don't think about too often (ie losing my mind, terrorist attacks, bugs) but the big ones are death, living forever (I have a problem there, though :rolleyes:), public speaking, and us destroying the world. I think that's my #1 fear - what with global warming and mutating frogs...and no one seems to be doing a thing!! I feel so helpless (not to fond of that feeling either)

What is to fear of death? :rolleyes:

My fears:

fire(as in out of control fires, to the point I was so afraid everytime my mom would light a fire in the fireplace-when I was much younger. I still am nervous around open flames, and like to watch fireworks, but am very nervous about lighting them myself)

deep water (especially ice cold, I sink better than I swim, so water where I cannot touch the bottom with my toes, really makes me nervous...I still swim on the deep end of a pool, and go deep-sea fishing, but the idea of sinking to the bottom and not being able to resurface really bothers me)

Anything happening to my family & friends-I have lost so many in the course of 10-15 years(all 4 of my grandparents, 4 teachers/administrators-who were also my friends, my only true friend in school, a teammate, a teammate's father & grandfather, a classmate, and then of course we all know about what happened in Nemesis, as well as losing 2 cats to leukemia, and several others to various ailments or cars hitting them)...I can't bear the thought of anything happening to any more of them.

Wasps, Bees, Yellow Jackets- These never really bothered me much until about 3 years ago. I was cleaning out a wooded area of my family's yard, and I stepped forward to reach a small tree....I unknowingly stepped on a Yellow Jacket hive. I was stung a total of 7 times(one in my thumb, 4 down my leg, and two in my side). The two stings on my side....that is the first time I EVER had a severe allergic reaction(I never was allergic before), my side got swollen(a 4 1/2 circle under the stings felt like I had hard plastic plating under the skin, and that same skin I could lift away from my body by about an inch), my waist and right leg broke out in a red rash...and I was in pain for about 4 days after the attack. Then in the past 3 years after taht attack, I have been stung about 15-18 times(all with varying degrees of allergic reaction). The most recent time was when I picked up a ladder(not knowing there was a wasp nest in one of the legs) and again I was swarmed..I was stung once in the ankle....but that was not the worst of it, when I turned to run..my foot stayed but my leg turned....and I fractured my ankle. I still tried to run away and fell a few times..but luckily my brother was there and helped me get up the stairs(same swelling and red rash occured, more swelling because of the fracture). So believe me when I say, my new fear is bees, wasps, hornets, ect.

Well, I have a lot of minor fears I don't think about too often (ie losing my mind, terrorist attacks, bugs) but the big ones are death, living forever (I have a problem there, though ;)), public speaking, and us destroying the world. I think that's my #1 fear - what with global warming and mutating frogs...and no one seems to be doing a thing!! I feel so helpless (not to fond of that feeling either)

I dunno. I guess what I fear is, IF this is what happens when you die (not knowing is scary too :P), that I will become nothingness and my short time on earth will be over and I'll never know anything again, or do the things I never got to do, or see my friends and family, and nothing will matter anymore (look at me spilling my guts to a bunch of people I've never met ;):rolleyes: ) So I guess I'm scared about what NOTHING feels like...

Thanks, JLP, now I'm creeped...

Well, I have a lot of minor fears I don't think about too often (ie losing my mind, terrorist attacks, bugs) but the big ones are death, living forever (I have a problem there, though :P), public speaking, and us destroying the world. I think that's my #1 fear - what with global warming and mutating frogs...and no one seems to be doing a thing!! I feel so helpless (not to fond of that feeling either)

I dunno. I guess what I fear is, IF this is what happens when you die (not knowing is scary too ;)), that I will become nothingness and my short time on earth will be over and I'll never know anything again, or do the things I never got to do, or see my friends and family, and nothing will matter anymore (look at me spilling my guts to a bunch of people I've never met ;):rolleyes: ) So I guess I'm scared about what NOTHING feels like...

Thanks, JLP, now I'm creeped...

yeah..so am i