Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Pocket Protectors.

Do you own, or used to own, a pocket protector?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own, or used to own, a pocket protector?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe...
    • Does not apply to me.
    • *laughs*

Just curious... Anyone else owns pocket protectors? :P

I got some new ones from Staples..

:wacko: They didn't have the proper items needed to supply my fountain pen with new ink though.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Who, I really worry about you sometimes. Not only do you own a pocket protector but you ADMIT that you own a pocket protector!

I work with a staff of about 50 research engineers, and believe me they are all geeks. Not one of them owns a pocket protector.

Heck, I didn't even know they still made them!

pocket protector? :wacko: I think of myself as being a nerd, but I never in my wildest dreams of thinking of owning one of those items. :P

Just curious... Anyone else owns pocket protectors?  :o

I got some new ones from Staples..

:wacko: They didn't have the proper items needed to supply my fountain pen with new ink though.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

263583[/snapback]

I've never even heard of them *looks confused* what ARE they?

Poor Who...couldn't have his ink cartiridges. I bought a new one of those today...like it better than my old one:-P it's all purpley

:P all

Edited by Neroli-Chasser

No. I used pencils.  :wacko:  History of Pocket Protectors Buy Pocket Protectors

263772[/snapback]

Hehe, the three I own look exactly like the one from the second link. :P

Although mines doesn't have the words: "Welcome to Geekboys! Use the menu to the left to browse our site" written on it... That would be odd for me to do that, and not the kind of odd I like.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

No. I used pencils.  :wacko:  History of Pocket Protectors Buy Pocket Protectors

263772[/snapback]

Hehe, the three I own look exactly like the one from the second link. :(

Although mines doesn't have the words: "Welcome to Geekboys! Use the menu to the left to browse our site" written on it... That would be odd for me to do that, and not the kind of odd I like.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

264005[/snapback]

:P I'm happy you got the joke Doc. :o

So that is what a pocket protector looks like. I've never seen one for real before. Besides, I never bother carrying a pen. Its better to borrow them from your colleagues.

Buy Pocket Protectors

263772[/snapback]

:rolleyes: My English teacher was trying to refer to that website... But he said they were a bit too expensive..

The ones I found at Staples were quite cheaper, though they appear to be sold out now. <_<

...At least I have my Space Pen now. :unsure:

Click For Spoiler
a_splash.gif
lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif Edited by drwho42

cooli *hug* owwie!

265496[/snapback]

The pens in my pocket protector has never seemed hurt anyone that has hugged me... :)

lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

You people are all amateurs. Nuts to pocket protectors. I carry all my pens, pencils, erasers, X-acto knives, india ink, tape, pastels, and all kinds of other goodies in a nifty box. Down with pocket protectors! Carry a box! Besides, if you want to carry a decent selection you'll never fit them all into a pocket. :)

You people are all amateurs. Nuts to pocket protectors. I carry all my pens, pencils, erasers, X-acto knives, india ink, tape, pastels, and all kinds of other goodies in a nifty box. Down with pocket protectors! Carry a box! Besides, if you want to carry a decent selection you'll never fit them all into a pocket.  :)

265739[/snapback]

I have that kind of box for work. I actually need it when I update charts on the ship. :)

I'm a girl Nerd so I'm outa luck :) Unless they make a "PocketBook Protector".............Hmmm do they??? :)

I've had several over the years. They were very handy at work when our work "uniform" was a blue apron with pockets. Leaking pens always left ugly stains, unless you used a pocket protector, like I did. :)

Now that we wear black vests with pockets, leaking pen stains aren't visible, so I don't need the protectors anymore. :)

Besides, if you want to carry a decent selection you'll never fit them all into a pocket.  :P

265739[/snapback]

Yeah, a box is cool, but there's a place where you can keep your pens in your shirt pocket. And keep the rest of your writing instruments elsewhere (like in a neat box). :(

Oh, and some girl said that more high schoolers (of the non-geek and non-nerd parties at my high school) are thinking that pocket-protectors are cool. And there seems rather substantial evidence to support her claim..

...:)

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif