Sign in to follow this  
Airies

Kahns pecks

I have heard alot of fans say that in The Wrath of Kahn Ricardo's pecks were fake. I remember reading somewhere might have been WOK biographys that they were real. Anyone have knowledge? :notworthy: < Kirk screaming KAAHHHNNN!

I'd say since i've seen that film a few times i'd say that Khan's Pecs look pretty real to me (Richardo Montalban)far as knowledge of the film goes.

the proverb what you see is what you get

:laugh::notworthy: :unsure: :laugh:

From Meyer's commentary: "This is the question I am most asked about the movie, and that is Ricardo Montalban's chest, it is not a prosthetic device of any kind. He is one tough cookie, and he works out."

IMO they are real i have seen that film more times then i can remember and being a bit of a fitness freek myself i can say they look real to me :unsure: Flex those pecs :notworthy:

I have read in several interviews those pecks are Ricardo Montalban's. :notworthy:

From Meyer's commentary: "This is the question I am most asked about the movie, and that is Ricardo Montalban's chest, it is not a prosthetic device of any kind. He is one tough cookie, and he works out."

258268[/snapback]

Yeap I've got that too. To be honest I never thought about if they were fake in the first place.

Here are some pics that I found I Google! ^_^

Click For Spoiler
montalban.jpg

Click For Spoiler
khan.jpg
Edited by Odie

Click For Spoiler

260066[/snapback]

:b-day: :)

I can't really imagine that they were fake, why would they be? He was still young enough and fit enough to have muscles.

Guest Ktrek

I'm not surprised that this question comes up because the first time I saw the movie I questioned that they were not using some kind of prosthetic device and I'm still not convinced that they are telling the truth about it. There are scenes in the movie where they just plain look fake. :dude:

Kevin

They're real and they're spectacular!

Who on earth started the "fake" rumour anyway? He was young enough to still have chest muscles at the time ... he was still quite trim and fit, you could see that even in his Mr. Roarke tuxedo on Fantasy Island.

I remember on I Love the 80's Strikes Back, they were talking about it. I always thought they were real, why wouldn't they be?

I don't know why they would lie about something like that, but it is 100% true that it is in fact his real chest. It's talked about on the Wrath of Kahn commentary

Edited by Gamera