Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Phaserman

Husband, Father, Sailor, Coach, He Does It All!

Concrats. I am on being XO. *Now I just need to kick back and enjoy that Aussie beer at my next port visit. :congrats: *

Well, Tuesday was my first full day of work at School. My schedule is pretty easy. I get in at 0700 and do my pre-class prep-work. 1st Hour, 2nd Hour, and 5th Hour I teach US Government. 3rd, 7th, and 8th Hour I teach US History. 6th Hour is kinda weird, we've got 6A and 6B. 6A is my lunch hour, and 6B I have an advisory class full of sophomores. I have a prep period during 4th Period, so I can get some other work done then. After school, I have Football Practice, usually the practice itself ends at 5 or 5:30, and then we have a coaches meeting, and we are available to talk with players. so, between 7AM and 6 or 6:30 I am pretty busy.

'

Right now life is kind of uncertain. This is only my first week on the new job, and national events may already take me away from it. There have been hushed rumers of my reserve unit being called up to help out (in addition to nearly 30,000 other reservists already mobilised for the task). If asked to go, I will gladly do so, but it will feel wierd, having to take a leave from teaching so soon after starting...

Obviously the rumors of my reserve unit deploying were false, I'm still able to post. Life is interesting right now. My Players are getting better, gelling as a team, as I noticed these past two games. We won our first game last week, against a divisional opponent. The win definately boosted some spirits. This week, well, this week was a nail bitter. Going into the 4th quarter, we were down 14-0. Early in the 4th, we score a touchdown off a 10 yard run on a perfectly executed Draw Play to the Full Back. When we got the ball back, we had 4 minutes to go 80 yards, down 14-7. The boys pulled it off, marching down field and putting the rock in the paydirt. the headcoach decided that OT didn't sound like fun, so we went for the duece, a fake Field Goal, and got it! So, with 1:26 left in the game, we were up 15-14. on the kickoff, the visitors returned it 65 yards, and drove to our 9 yard line. The opposing team ran 1 play inside the red zone, for 1 yard, then was forced to spike the ball. with that, they brought their kicking team out...And with 1 second left, kicked the game winner. While we lost, Our offense proved that they can score. and the Defense did all they could to stop a drive. We're getting better....

Many of you have chatted with my sister in law, Krissy. Those of you who know her know she is probably the last person to be considered overly self concious (Okay, she is modesty-deficient). So, it came as a surprise to our family to find out not that she needs glasses, but that she's actually worried about how she'll look...Gary, bless his soul, told her "Hey, I think you look sexier with the glasses" I won't say she looks sexier with them, but she is still drop dead frickin' gorgeous. All of us have told her she has nothing to worry about. Hopefully she can overcome this...

More later. I need some sleep now.

So, Yesterday was a school holiday, I didn't have work. So I took my youngest brother, Tom, to the recruiters. He decided to talk with the Army, why, I don't know. But, they did some work with him, asked questions, that sort of thing. Now, he's never taken the ASVAB, so they took him down last night...and the little screwball scored a 90! Now the Army is like "Woohoo! Join us! We'll let you do whatever you want!" He's excited. I think he should go Navy, but it's not my call. Anywho, Now he's going to MEPS tomorrow, and Dad is getting worried now. "Great," He said. "Three sons in the Military?" I suppose that's what you might call a Family Tradition, eh?

Leaving it all on the field...

So, Today, as usual, I was helping out my players at practice, trying to show the Defense how to pick up a Tight End on the Veer Option, which our opponents run. to do this, I acted as the Tight End. I ran the play several times, on the last one, though, the scout team Quarterback threw the ball low. the ball hit my left knee as I came across on a Tight End In route. in an effort to make the catch, I planted my leg and leaned for the ball. Bad move. I hit the ground, and my knee was practically swearing at me. I limped around practice, and only afterwords did I consult the trainer. Turns out, I sprained the MCL in my knee. I guess that's what I get for leading by example...

Quote from Kirk: "Traipsing around the football field is a game for the young, Doctor......." :veryangry:

...Many of you have chatted with my sister in law, Krissy. Those of you who know her know she is probably the last person to be considered overly self concious (Okay, she is modesty-deficient). So, it came as a surprise to our family to find out not that she needs glasses, but that she's actually worried about how she'll look...Gary, bless his soul, told her "Hey, I think you look sexier with the glasses" I won't say she looks sexier with them, but she is still drop dead frickin' gorgeous. All of us have told her she has nothing to worry about. Hopefully she can overcome this...

355713[/snapback]

B) :blush 2: Okay, the Blush was a long shot. Yeah, I'm worried, but I'll get over it.

Leaving it all on the field...

So, Today, as usual, I was helping out my players at practice, trying to show the Defense how to pick up a Tight End on the Veer Option, which our opponents run. to do this, I acted as the Tight End. I ran the play several times, on the last one, though, the scout team Quarterback threw the ball low. the ball hit my left knee as I came across on a Tight End In route. in an effort to make the catch, I planted my leg and leaned for the ball. Bad move. I hit the ground, and my knee was practically swearing at me. I limped around practice, and only afterwords did I consult the trainer. Turns out, I sprained the MCL in my knee. I guess that's what I get for leading by example...

357739[/snapback]

How would Maddie put it, Jim? yeah, you know where I'm goin with that...

Wow, been a while since I updated this! Football's back! Put in the blitzes today. New things going on: first, the head coach announced his retirement to the team at the first practice. Our usual DC will be taking the Head Coaching job. And me, I have, in my 3rd season as a coach (I did a season before leaving active duty) been named interim Assistant Defensive Coordinator. My job still means leading the Defensive lineman, but I also get to work with the DC on the basics of running the Defense, since the head coach traditionally runs the Offense. Not a problem, really, since we have a small staff and all the coaches know both the offense and the defense. But it looks like next year I'll be taking charge of the defense.

Also, news from Tom. Surprisingly, it has been 7 weeks since Tom left for Basic Training. I'm sorry we haven't been keeping you guys posted, but Tom does say Hi, and he's actually enjoying basic. Dad, Maddie, and our grand-parents will be going down to attend his graduation. I wish I could, but I can't get the time off. Hopefully, he'll get leave sometime and come up and see us.

You'd better post a picture, or I'll draw them on your current avatar, and upload a new picture here. Then you can use that as your avatar, and post some comment in your signature about "See, I TOLD you I don't look good in glasses!!

Oh yeah, I'll make them the huge horn-rimmed glasses too. Don't think I won't.

Krissy really does feel self-conscious about the glasses. If there's a camera around, the glasses come off, assuming she's been wearing them in the first place.

I have a pair of gold rimmed (believe it or not they were the cheapest pair of frames) glasses with pone prismatic lens, and trust me I get more looks from guys wearing them thn without. So tell Krissy they can be a good thing!!! (Yes I know she is married to ya)

Well, we're O-2. Lost the opener 20-19. Got beat Friday night by a nasty 42-0. Trying to keep the team's spirits up after a loss like that is going to be tough. Keeping my spirits up is going to be harder. Got word before the game that my great grandmother probably won't make it through the next week. Dad is preparing to send Tommy an AmCross notice. He'll probably be back in town on Emergency leave later this week. The next five or six days are going to be...interesting.

Wow.

Those are some tough losses. I hope you and your team rallys.

My sympathies to you for your great-grandmother. You will all be in my prayers.

We got us a full house.

Tommy's fiance, Nikki, is having a hell of a time dealing with Tommy being deployed. So, as a gesture to the newest member of our family, we made a decision that, if she would like, she can stay with us. She took us up on that offer. It's nice having Nikki here, because dispite the emotional roller coaster she's on, she's a wonderful person. Depending on how long she stays with us, we may have to go into the attic and get my daughter's old crib.

"Empty Chairs"

Well, this morning, I was thinking how many places we need to set at the table for thanksgiving dinner. Here's how it went in my mind.

"Me, Krissy, Gary, Julie, Dad, Gramma E, Gramma B, Grampa B, Great Gramma J, Aunt Annette, Tommy, Nikki, Darryl, Amy, and Mr. M." plus a table for all the kids.

Well, then, as I was getting the table set up, I realised something: That's 15 places, but wait...only 13 people are coming. Tommy, as you are all aware, is not even in the country right now, and Great Gramma Johnson will be having thanksgiving dinner with Great Grampa and Grampa Joe this year "Up There". And, already today, my son William asked if Uncle Tommy was going to be here, so I'm not the only one who's got this problem.

Can I take one of the places? I gotta go to my brother-in-laws house. He's a born again Christian who allows absolutely no booze into his house...............sigh..............