Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Phaserman

Husband, Father, Sailor, Coach, He Does It All!

Hey all! I wanted to start off with a fresh new log, the other one was feeling a bit...overstuffed. the title says it for you as to who I am. I recently was hired as a Defensive and Offensive Line coach at a local High School, and I plan to be working hard at that, with the Defensive Coordinator. coincidentally, this is the school I graduated from, where I played Defensive End and Tight End in High School, and I am taking the place of MY O- and D-line coach. it's something of a dream come true to have played for---and now Coach for---the head coach of the team. I am still on active duty with the Navy, but as of March I can opt to stay active or go reserve---and this will shock you---I am doing the paperwork to go reserve. this would allow me to take a full time job at the High School as a teacher, and a coach, and would also give me more time with my kids and my wife.

I went out and looked at houses this evening. as I said, I am (hopefully) going reserve, so I'll have to find a place to live.

found a nice place in Beach Park today, in a Subdivision up near my dad's house that isn't too far from the school I'll be working at.

I spent a good deal of time today with a real estate agent. the house Julie and I were looking at is in our price range, and we are seriously contemplating making an offer.

well, the house Julie and I were looking at is now sold, but not to us. there are others, though, so I'll not give up hope yet.

well, that kind of stuff happens in real estate. We're still looking. I've thought about looking in Wisconsin, too, since Kenosha isn't that far from where the school is, but taxes are much higher there, from what I understand.

well, that kind of stuff happens in real estate. We're still looking. I've thought about looking in Wisconsin, too, since Kenosha isn't that far from where the school is.

:flowers: Ok thats kinda scary, even though I dont know where kenosha is. I think its in the middle of wisconsin. But You could move to the lacrosse region there is alot of for sale houses, but stay out of west salem that is my domain, but theres no military schools in my region I think, but fort mc coy is like 25 minutes aways.

well, that kind of stuff happens in real estate. We're still looking. I've thought about looking in Wisconsin, too, since Kenosha isn't that far from where the school is.

:flowers: Ok thats kinda scary, even though I dont know where kenosha is. I think its in the middle of wisconsin. But You could move to the lacrosse region there is alot of for sale houses, but stay out of west salem that is my domain, but theres no military schools in my region I think, but fort mc coy is like 25 minutes aways.

Kenosha is in the Southeast corner or Wisconsin, just north of the Illinois/Wisconsin border, and south of Racine and Milwaukee.

I'm currently updating a sim and my own board, and puffing away at a Marlboro wearing a Milwaukee Against Mascot Abuse shirt and a cowboy hat.

Ya know, since I got my commission, I've been analyzing the differences between being an officer and being enlisted. I noticed one of the perks of being a "Khaki" as the enlisted would call us, is that we have more flexibility with when we show up. now if Battle stations is called, ya gotta be there. however, being assigned to a shore assignment, the rule of thumb is 1 hour either way. I may take FULL advantage of that this morning. I have till 8 to show my face in the building.

I allows thought that the Khaki community called themselves that as well. I could be wrong. It must be nice.... Okay I to have really no set time, other than quarters on Fridays, to come into work. It good idea for me come on the tug around 0730ish and have quarters around 0800ish.

Minicamp started this morning. I spent the morning there. my D-linemen were all inside today, working out in the wieght room. I issued a challenge to any D-line player. outbench me and I'll buy em a steak dinner. (I bench 350)

I know I confuse some of you. everyone here knows I have a brother in Iraq (Gary Phaserman), and I talk sometimes about my brother being on the football team I coach. if you are confused, it's because I have 2 brothers. Gary (19) and Tommy (16) I also have a little sister, Maddie (17, the only non-trekkie in the family)

Argg, the Lieutenant is a flipping idiot! he noticed none of the LTJGs were available this evening for the Night OIC watch, so he gave one of our fresh ensigns the watch. this guy has been out of NROTC for less than 2 months, and hasn't qualified for the OIC Watch, or even an AOIC watch. So I get a call at 5 from him asking to come in for a few hours. it's 2:25 and I got home ten minutes ago. The Lieutenant fails to realise--when Lieutenant JGs aren't available, or even any of the Ensigns who have experience, a Chief can do the job! the whole damned Navy won't cease to exist because a Chief Petty Officer stood ONE watch in what is an Officer's post. argg. I need to talk to the XO, seriously.

I find that surprising. A first class on a ship can become OOD underway, but a chief a Great Lakes can't be OIC. My last command I was ISSO and Duty Nav DDO. There is something wrong with the Navy and how the watches are billeted.

I wasn't worried about it today. I was in Tinley Park, at the Tweeter Center. Scotty Emerick opened the show, with a 15 minute set. then Terri Clark did a one hour set, and Toby Keith rocked the joint for an hour and a half. it was AWESOME!

I feel like crap. I worked all weekend, and I was overjoyed to find out I recieved an "Early Promote" on my Eval. oh, and that Lieutenant that I work for? His eval was "Unsatisfactory" no Promotion to Lieutenant Commander for him, and this was his last chance. he's hit HYT, and will be gone. guess who gets to do his job? yep, that's right, me. but I won't get promoted, I'll still be Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman

I feel like crap. I worked all weekend, and I was overjoyed to find out I recieved an "Early Promote" on my Eval. oh, and that Lieutenant that I work for? His eval was "Unsatisfactory" no Promotion to Lieutenant Commander for him, and this was his last chance. he's hit HYT, and will be gone. guess who gets to do his job? yep, that's right, me. but I won't get promoted, I'll still be Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman

247939[/snapback]

He was that bad! :lol: I am somewhat shocked. Congrats on your eval and your new job. :)

thanks, all. I won't be taking his job until October, when he goes on terminal leave to start looking for places to live in his home town in Florida, but I am looking forward to it.

don't remind me! actually, thanks for reminding me...I need to get a snow blower. And now I'm gigling intensly at the effort of trying to avoid a nasty joke about my first wife....

I love you too, Julie.

Just went for my physical today. told the Doc I'm 6'7" and 255. He said he didn't think so, so we jumped on the scale (First time since 2001, mind you) and it came out 245, and 81 inches. that's right folks, Jim is SIX FOOT NINE!

I can still top it (well not me personally, I'm only 5' 4" :laugh: ). In California there was a brother in our congregation who was 7'2". :o His wife was 5' 3". :laugh: