32 members have voted

1. 1. What Started You On Star Trek?

• TOS
    • TNG
    • DS9
    • VOY
    • ENT
    • Movie (Which One?)

TOS, about two months before TNG premiered. The first episode of TOS I ever seriously watched was Devil in the Dark. I still have a soft spot for that one. :picard-sith:

As a teen I discovered TOS in the mid 1970s..The first episode I remember watching was 'Bread and Circuses'..

Guest Mike_Hines01

I started with TNG, after watching it at a friend's house (who was already a Trek fan).

I started with TOS, but I did start late. TNG was already being aired, but I never really seen it. I think I saw the ending credist once and liked the music.

But I watched an episode of TOS and I liked it. Then I found about TNG... Well, the rest can be guessed.

DS9 started me cant remember when but there wasnt anything on TV spotted DS9 (Didnt now what it was) and i liked it then from there i found out about the other treks and watched them as well. And the rest as they say is history.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:picard-sith:

Technically, the first Star Trek episodes I watched were TNG, but I was an infant so I don't remebmer any of them...My dad would watch them with me to get me to stop crying. :picard-sith:

The first Star Trek I really remember watching is Voyager. I'd come down about halfway through the episodes telling my dad I couldn't sleep. Eventually I started coming down at the begining of the episodes and stopped giving him exuses. :wow:

I voted TNG.

I started in 2002 with TNG. I know, pretty late, but it got me hooked at last :picard-sith:

Hmm i think i was 6 years old the first time i saw TOS my uncle used to watch it and i think because of him i started to watch it,and i am glad he introduced me to it :picard-sith::wow:

I voted TNG, but I started watching Trek because I have insomnia and they just happened to re-run the shows late at night. So, I guess it was a combo if DS9 and TNG. Then I went from there. :rofl:

My parents would watch TOS when I was little. Back than I had very little interest in Star Trek. When I watch Star Trek: The Voyage Home that is when I starting liking it. I became a big fan when I saw TNG during the second season.

TOS when I was really little(as in a toddler), then the TOS movies up until TNG started. I liked Trek a lot the entire time, but my interest really took hold when TNG started.

I am a Old Timer Started back when it first aired in 1966 ( was 9 )

I am a Old Timer Started back when it first aired in 1966 ( was 9 )

That was when I started, but I was 11.

It was 20 years ago OOOHHHH YES IT WAS!!!

I was three, I was sitting down to a dinner, of lord knows what, cause I don't. And I saw Kirk beam up. I was three and I was well puzzled. I was hooked and I haven't stopped watching since!!

I was born a couple of years before TNG aired, so my Trek-fan parents watched TOS reruns on FOX when I was a baby. The first series I personally remember, though, was TNG.

Well, most likely... It was TOS on the SciFi Channel. :rofl:

That was when I was real young (you see, I my age is 15...), and enjoyed watching the reruns they showed on that channel, i.e. Lost In Space, and several others... TOS was the only Trek I was able to see back then, except for the movies, which they showed every once in awhile, but it was still alien to me...

It eventually grew on me :rofl:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

OK, I thought this topic was "How did you get interested in Star Trek?" not "What was your first series?" So I'm going to answer the question I thought it was when I clicked on the topic.

My little sister wanted to watch "My Little Pony" Partly because I didn't want to watch My Little Pony, and partly because I knew it would piss her off, I wanted to watch something I knew she would hate whenever I got to the TV first. Star Trek was the answer.

One thing led to another, and here I am.

What got me on STAR TREK was TOS i saw the reruns in the mid 70's when i was younger on CBC t.v at 10 A.M Sunday Mornings then i saw the spinoffs of trek all when they came out!

TNG-1987-1994

DS9-1993-1999

Voyager-1995-2001

ENTERPRISE-2001-Present

====================================================

:rofl::rofl::bow::bow:

inbetween all 10 films of course!

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Either my sister or I found Star Trek when the original series was on the air. The first episode I saw was Where No Man Has Gone Before.

I watched Voyager when I was a baby with my great grandmother. But after I moved out of her house I never had a chance to see it again. So I voted Voyager! :flowers: Even though I started watching TNG a few years ago and rememered that I watched Voyager when I was a baby.

I used to watch TOS with my dad when I was a little Fenriz. First it was Wrasslin' followed by TOS. It's one of the few good memories I have of my dad. :flowers:

I don't really remember. Sorry. :flowers:

Edited by Jeanway

:flowers: My eldest brother. He was nine years older than me and he would allow me in his room and I found his stash of comics and StarTrek books and he would let me read them as much as I wanted. When he got married and moved out I was invited to visit him often and read whatever I wanted in his house.

TOS started me on Star Trek. I remember picking up a old James Blish novelization of the first few TOS episodes and I was hooked. This was a few months before TNG premiered.