Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Do You Own A Barometer? ~~

::the camera cuts to Fenriz who's eating a Krispy Kreme glazed donut.::

Oh...Uh...Hi Folks.

::Tosses the donut over his shoulder::

Uh...another typical day here in 'The Bowels', nothing special. Hot, humid. The air hangs there unmoving, like a fart in an elevator. I almost wish it would rain. Something to get the air moving around here. It's quiet here. Too quiet. :dude:

Back to you Jeanway.

Edited by fenriz275

Stormy here a little ealier, now it is basically just cloudy. Looks like unless the path changes between now and Thursday that it will be the southern coast of Alabama that receives the direct hit from Ivan

However, we now have to watch for Jeanne...this is only a tropical storm right now, but is in the Carribbean. By Sunday she is supposed to be a hurricane and you guessed it right folks.......aimed at FL, once again the eastern coastline.

No, Airies :dude: When I was a little girl, my Dad used to call me "Hurricane Lida" So my middle name is Jean. And now there is a hurricane "Jeanne" I just chuckled at this, that's all. Private joke. :blush:

No, Airies :dude: When I was a little girl, my Dad used to call me "Hurricane Lida" So my middle name is Jean. And now there is a hurricane "Jeanne" I just chuckled at this, that's all. Private joke. :laugh:

262940[/snapback]

I see. My Mom used to call me motormouth when I was a kid :blush: My sons middle name is Eugene. :angry:

Did I hear you right Yillara? Hurricane "Jeanne"?? UH OH. "Jeanway Out. :dude:

262916[/snapback]

LOL, yep. The newest storm is named Jeanne.

Here is a link that lists all of the names that are used (not just Atlantic, but the Australian Storms, the Eastern, Central and Western Pacific storms, the ones that form on the Indian Ocean, etc.

When I was a little girl, my Dad used to call me "Hurricane Lida"
There is one on one of the Pacific lists, I think in 2005 that is close to that. It is Lidia though.

World Wide Storm Names

Well, Thank you Yillara for that. :)

The sky is slightly overcast this morning but the sun is trying to peek through the

clouds and it's 75 degrees. The Barometric Pressure is dropping at 29.6 and rain

IS predicted for this afternoon. :) Airies, your up. AND ILikeSeven, where are

you???? :) :)

Edited by Jeanway

Ok 72 degrees pressure at 29.77 and steady. Light showers this morning, but band of thunderstorms about 30 minutes away. :) Yeay T-storms I like them!

Ok 72 degrees pressure at 29.77 and steady. Light showers this morning, but band of thunderstorms about 30 minutes away. :) Yeay T-storms  I like them!

263160[/snapback]

OH, so YOUR the one. :) :) Just kidding :P Gonna get some pictures of a nice lightening bolt for us??? :) :)

Thunder and lightening here right now. It's gone nearly black outside. Torretial wind and rain all at once. Even the warning sirens are going off, that means a tornado may be on it's way. I'm watching the Barometer drop as I sit here. It's down to 29.2 :) :) :) UH OH, may have to head for the basement soon.

:)

Well here is the lastest Report from RUINEN.

My Barometer is funktioning again and it says we have a nice outside temperature off 26 Degrees Celcius(nice weather to sit outside in a comfterble chair and a nice beer)

Wind is almost gone 61% moisture and the tendencies are very good, and it should be becouse i have a nice grapeplant in my garden and the grapes need a lot of sun.

And for some people who don,t know were RUINEN is, i attached a detail map off The Nethelands also called Holland.

It,s the place pointed by the white (selfpainted in Paint) dot, in the Provence of Drente(we have twelfe provences)

You can see that Amsterdam is not in the near of RUINEN the distance between the two is at least 195 Kilometers.

So you all know where RUINEN is. :)

Yours truely

ILS :)

post-948-1095337383_thumb.jpg

Good One ILS :) you just really have to keep telling some people :)

Well, it's a beautiful morning here in the sunflower state. 56 degrees with pressure at 30.05 and rising. Highs are going to be right around 80 with low humidity.

It's all yours Jeanway. Oh and by the way in case you missed it. ILS lives in Ruinen! :) :)

:) :sleepy: So what ELSE is new "DutchBoy?" :) :P "Like you couldn't DRIVE there in like ONE day?? Close enough." :) :)

O.K. Good Mornin to ya. :)

The Barometer reads 29.5. The sky is clear and it's a warm 78 degrees, there is no wind.

And now back to Amsterdam :) :)

Mornin to all of you, Airies, ILikeSeven, Yillara and Riaan :o Who brought that big box of pastries in the backroom??? :(

Well, it's another splendid morning here in the Mid-west. :P Barometer seems to be on the rise again at 29.7. It's a little on the cool side at 68 degrees and there is a slight, intermittent wind at about 10 knots.

Hey ILS, get you Kool-Aid Care package yet??? :koolaid: :wacko:

Good morning all. No pastries for me thank you I'm on a diet and I'm starting to form a migraine. Feels like someone is :bash: me in the head.

Well it's Friday yeay :wacko: It's 67degrees and pressure is 30.04 and steady. They say no rain but radar shows some T-storms moving toward me from the west. I hope it does rain, all this bright sunshine hurts my head. :P

Edited by Airies

Looks like Jeanne might be heading for the NE Florida coast. At least according to the chart shown by NOAA earlier today. Which means by early next week, I will be under possible hurricane conditions maybe even the eyewall. But for right now it has been pretty nice out today, a little breezy at times but very warm ( I think one radio station said it reached 94 degrees today)

Other Tropical "highlights"

Karl is a tropical storm, maybe a hurricane soon. THis one looks like it will turn northward before affecting any land.

Ivan is basically a pesky rainstorm in the Mid Atlantic US. It was curving back a little southward last report before the final advisory was issued.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

You know Airies, I just noticed you said your getting a migrane and the B.P. is around 30.00. When the B.P. here gets around 30.00 I get a ringing in my ears. So can we conclude that around that level, these symptoms will appear in most people who have these conditions? Anyone want to comment on this theory? I've noticed this since I started this thread. I'll get aches I don't usually have when the B.P. is moving either up or down doesn't matter, it's just not holding steady. :wacko:

I am not going to say that FL was out of the woods as of yet, but as of the 5pm update...Jeanne is a depression and is supposed to go due northward missing the state,

Good Morning! :eekout: It's another beautiful, balmy August morning in

September. Great lake day according to the weather report. Clear sky, very little

wind, it's a "Mandolin Wind" :sweatdrop:{wouldn't change a thing{Rod Stewart} .

Barometer is reading 30.00 and my ears ARE ringing :naughty:

Edited by Jeanway

Hi Folks. :laugh: Fenriz reporting to you live from 'The Bowels of H**l' :naughty: Actually a cool day here. I guess Summer's over. It almost jacket weather already :laugh: .

In related news, the building in Maryland that housed the mainframe computer for where I work was destroyed by a tornado last night. I don't think anyone was hurt, just property damage. Some genius also decided to put the backup to the mainframe in the same building so it was wiped out too. That's what I call expert decision making. :eekout::sweatdrop:

We'll be back after this word from our sponsors...

* Female voices singing in unison: "Ketchup! Ketchup, Ketchup!!!!!!!!"

* Male voice: "Ketchup!! Gives people the strength to get up and do what NEEDS to be done."

* Female singers: "KETCHUUUUUUPPP!!!" :sweatdrop:

Watched the sun come up over the lake this morning. Another miraculous August morning in September :sweatdrop: Barometric Pressure is at 30.2, highest it's been here since I began this report. :eekout: Good Lake day for sure. :laugh: Sky is cloudless and a deep blue, there is no wind. :naughty:

"Morning has broken like the first morning." Cat Stevens. Is on the radio right now. :naughty::sly: It is a warm, still and clear September morning here. Barometric Pressure is 30.00. Looks to be another Lake day for me. :hmmm: Just polished off an Apricot Danish :nono2: with my coffee, that ought to hold me for a while.

Well today my barometer tells me it is going to be bad weather here in RUINEN

but yesterday it was very nice we went out for a ride with the family

it was very good weather as you can see in the picture

post-948-1095691276.jpg

Still cloudy and windy here, as a front is moving through (hmmmm :naughty: though it is gloomy, it is nice since it is cooler and definately feels like autumn is near)

As for the tropics....well

TS "Jeanne" has no idea where she is going, as she is circling aimlessly just east of the Bahamas. She is forecasted to be a tropical storm, hurricane, tropical storm, hurricane in the next 5 days. She may eventually move somewhere other than a circle

Hurricane Karl, well unless that changes it will be hitting the Greenland coast over the weekend and early next week.

Lisa is the newest Tropical storm and is forecasted to be a hurricane before reaching the Carribbean

Barometric Pressure is at 30.00. It's 80 degrees. :) Summer has finally arrived!!! :) :rolleyes: Too bad tomorrow is the first day of Autumn. <_< :unsure: We are in the 'Autumnal Equinox'.

What is it? The Autumnal Equinox happens once a year. At this time, because of the motion of the Earth around the Sun and because the Earth is tilted, the Sun crosses over the Earth's equator on its way south.

Let's back up a bit. Why does the Sun move up and down every day? Because the Earth turns. Why does the Sun get higher in the summer and lower in the winter? Because the Earth goes around the Sun, and the Earth is tilted. So, more accurately, the equinox is when a line from the Sun to the center of the Earth goes through the equator.

While it is just a geometrical alignment, it is one that reminds us about the passage of time, the motion of the Earth, and the changing of the seasons. It marks the start of autumn.

As summer wears on, the nights have been growing longer and the days shorter. On this date, the night becomes longer than the day! That's just for us in the Northern Hemisphere. For our friends in Australia, it's reversed. Spring has just begun for them.

A minor point ... if you look up the rising and setting time of the Sun in the newspaper, it'll look as if the day is still a bit longer than the night. That's mostly because "sunset" and "sunrise" are defined by the top edge of the Sun, not the middle of it, and the middle of the sun sets (rises) a few minutes before (after) the edge does.

On this day,the Sun will begin to rise at the South Pole after six months of darkness. It's going to be daytime there for the next six months! And yes, there are scientists who are living and working down there now! They have a party to celebrate. Wouldn't you if it were eighty below zero outside and the Sun was just coming up? What would it be like living in a place where day and night each last six months?

On this day, the Sun rises directly in the East, and sets directly in the West. On this day, the Sun passes straight overhead, at the "zenith" for people on the equator, like in Kenya or Ecuador. When the Sun passes straight overhead, there aren't any shadows!

Since the nights are getting longer, and the days are getting shorter, the sun is shining on us less and less every day. Also, since it's lower, its slanting rays spread out over more area. :)

Edited by Jeanway