Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

We Are Family

Have you noticed how close everyone is on here? Thanks to the board, MSN, AIM, Yim, Yahoo etc we're closer than the Voyager crew.

A message board has never made me feel this way before, i hope we all have similar feelings :dude:

BTW i'd like to take this opertunity to end the fighting between me and Jeanway, we've always got along, just because we grew up differently and have different views doesn't mean we can't be friends, isn't that the most important thing star trek has taught us?

Hey Arms

Yeah i have lots of freinds i have on here..Ain't it great!

It is great isn't it :dude:

Come on everyone you know you have these feelings too share!

I would like to say that I feel closer to most people here than to people I know in person. You all really do feel like a second, and very large :dude: , family. I often come here when things are going wrong in the twenty-first century... it is so nice. There are so many people here who I converse with regularly through the internet, and I am always happy when someone PMs me, or IMs me, or any of those. Yay Trekkies! :dude:

WE ARE A FAMILY, A COLLECTIVE :assimilate:

:dude:

HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!

:dude:

:)

I don't see it. Not at all. It's just a message board. Then again, how connected you are here all depends on how good or bad your real life is and how connected you are to the people in it. No message board will every compare to that and I think it's sad that people get so attached to something so trivial.

I suspect ulterior motives but yes, we are like family in here, very much so.

I think of Spacetigger as me Pop

I think of mj and UH as me big sisters

I think of AE and Ed as me big brothers

I think of nik and DocNiel as me cousins

I think of Tina and Valeris and BC as me little sisters

I think of ARMS as neighbor who I'm always fighting with

I think of ILikeSeven as the married guy across the street who keeps watching me

I think of HeadBorg, well, can't go into that one :o :P

I thinkof CJLP as me Nemesis

I think of WeareBorg and HarryKim and Nemesis as me little brothers

I think of Capt.Wright as me red-herring :bow:

I think of Fenriz as the guy who lives down the block who keeps walking past the house, and I keep looking out of the window behind the curtains.

I think of Smoked as the new kid on the block from back home

I think of VBG as the guy me Pop pays the mortgage payment to

I think of DocWho42 as the Uncle who lives far away that I never met but like alot anyway. O.K. Doc? Sorry :o

Anyone else I forgot? :bow:

Yea, it's kinda like family, in a way, I guess. :laugh::hug:

:wub:

Edited by Jeanway

Redshirt: Not everyone's way of forming emotional attachments is the same. Just because you see it as trivial does not make it true for others or make their attachments any less important. To each his own. :laugh:

Well, I'm not online enough to say "family" just yet, but I definitely consider many of you to be friends.

...friends that I've never met and rarely speak to off the board. :bow:

I suspect ulterior motives but yes, we are like family in here, very much so.

I think of mj and UH as me big sisters

I think of AE and Ed as me big brothers

I think of nik and DocNiel as me cousins

I think of Tina and Valeris and BC as me little sisters

I think of ARMS as neighbor who I'm always fighting with

I think of ILikeSeven as the married guy across the street who keeps watching me

I think of WeareBorg and HarryKim as me little brothers

I think of Fenriz as the guy who lives down the block who keeps walking past the house, and I keep looking out of the window behind the curtains.

I think of VBG as the guy me pop pays the mortgage payment to

Yea, it's kinda like family, in a way, I guess. :bow:  :bow:

:wub:

Nice list :hug:

*will not complain about not being mentioned*

Yes, I feel right at home on this site also. It's grand how we're all interconnected.

:laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Redshirt: Not everyone's way of forming emotional attachments is the same. Just because you see it as trivial does not make it true for others or make their attachments any less important. To each his own. :bow:

Hi Ace,

I agree that each person has their own set of values and will place different levels of importance on this board. For me, it's quite trivial. Perhaps this is not so for others.

I'm just saying that it's very sad that people would compare this to real family/friends. A message board will never compare. Not now, not ever. It cheapens the meaning of words like family and friendship to use them in reference to people who may or not even be showing their true self here. Just as everyone has the privilege to decide how much faith to place in someone they know only on screen, I have the privilege of expressing disappointment that people are not willing to hold their true family and friends in higher esteem than a message board.

RSV

Thats not a nice thing to say..I think here is more than just a messege board..most of the people here chat outside the forum

some got married,Some dating..And more are freinds

Absolutely, RSV :bow: . You're entitled to your opinion and I even agree to a small extent. However, I'll point out that offline friends don't always show their "true-selves" either. In fact, on a message board, there is an opportunity for a somewhat more honest relationship as it doesn't usually involve looks, etc, and it brings people with very similar interests together. I don't doubt for a second that many of the friendships on this board would be just as strong or stronger if a simple thing called geography didn't get in the way. :laugh:

I may be getting off-topic :wub: . Please, continue.

Absolutely, RSV :bow: . You're entitled to your opinion and I even agree to a small extent. However, I'll point out that offline friends don't always show their "true-selves" either. In fact, on a message board, there is an opportunity for a somewhat more honest relationship as it doesn't usually involve looks, etc, and it brings people with very similar interests together. I don't doubt for a second that many of the friendships on this board would be just as strong or stronger if a simple thing called geography didn't get in the way. :laugh:

I may be getting off-topic :wub: . Please, continue.

Well said.

I've My own Family and Friends offline i'd consider this site though a cyber family to a certain point but i wouldn't count the message board as a part of that ("and despite what i read in these certain threads i'd say that i think of some of u that i've spoken in the chatroom i'd hope as cyber friends") and u know who u are since i doubt i'd ever meet any of you in person but hey i'm fine with

that.

:laugh: :wub: :hug::bow:

I'd met a few in AOL and icq.

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I don't think I can call someone I never met family, there are people enjoy talking to yes. It's hard enough calling them friends yet alone family...

ARMS *quote A message board has never made me feel this way before, i hope we all have similar feelings !!!

i feel the same there....never had such a warm welcome

hope to live long/post long and prosper ..|\/|..

Click for Spoiler:

trekki.gif

O.K. DocWho42 I made the correction, sorry :bow: I'm not saying we ARE family, I'm saying it's familylike.

Edited by Jeanway

Hmm yeah i would say there is a bit of a family thing going on here,i have my real brother at this site,and there are a few who i call close friends and one big sister..hehe but its like Tina said some ppl married ppl from here h.ell i even dated 2 girls at this site :bow: ...lets just say when i come here its like comeing home :laugh:

I don't see it.  Not at all.  It's just a message board. 

The people behind those messages are real people with real hearts and minds.

Then again, how connected you are here all depends on how good or bad your real life is and how connected you are to the people in it. 

My real life and the people in it are amazing, I am blessed beyond words. Coming on here and talking to even more friends just enhances my real life, it doesn't replace it.

No message board will every compare to that and I think it's sad that people get so attached to something so trivial.

I couldn't care less about a board, that's just computer stuff. I care about the people on this board and no person is ever trivial. Yes the people on this board are like my extended family. I'm not ashamed of that in any way. We share our joys and our heartaches, we laugh with each other, we get in the occasional fight, we support those who are going through hard times....sure sounds like a family to me. :bow:

I DO have family at this site, and sometimes I feel like Nemesis and I argue like brothers, which is scary, cus that makes THREE people that I argue with like that. Alterego is kinda the closest thing to a father-figure for me on the board, but that's because 1. he's older than my father, and 2. he knocks sense into me when I need it, just like Dad. tina kinda reminds me of my sister, except she agrees with me less than Maddie does, which is hard to do. Everyone else is just like friends to me.

We are A Global Family.

Not Only Do We Make Friends That We Grow To Care About Like Family.

But We Learn About Different Places And Cultures.

Which Make Us Better People.

And That Is A Good Thing.

We Can Talk Honestly Because We Are Not Face To Face And Feel Intimadated.So In Certain Cases This Cyber Family Is Perfect Because You Can Talk Openly Or Privately And Get A Honest Response.

And As RC said It Is Not The Site That Makes The Person Its The Person (people) That Make The Site.

Ramble Don't I Sorry

:bow::laugh: all around

Ok..Now I feel old.. :bow: j/k

In my opinion to be family we need to have a more personal connection than a message board..But we all feel differently about this subject I'm sure..I consider this place to be a growing group of friends. We have had our good times, bad times and differences. I like that we are from all over the world. We do get to learn about different people and places..It's fun discussing Star Trek and other issues with all of you..

Since I don't have any real family, they all died when I was a teen-ager, and I didn't have any brothers or sisters, this IS the closest thing I've ever had to a group of people who seem to care about me. I'm sorry if that sounds pathetic to some of you and it makes me feel bad when some of you diminish the importance I put on this relationship I have come to know in here. We all haven't been as lucky in real life to to have such a thing. But we do the best we can sometimes to get by. :bow: and Tig, my reference to you as me Pop has nothing to do with age, it's just a feeling, and feelings are ageless. :laugh:

Edited by Jeanway

and Tig, my reference to you as me Pop has nothing to do with age, it's just a feeling, and feelings are ageless. :bow:

OK Jeanway..I misunderstood which isn't the first time that has happened to me..I have a hard time getting too personal on a message board..When I talk to people about you all I refer to you as 'my internet friends'..And I do care very much about you all..But until and if I meet someone in person I don't consider them close friends or family..Sorry if that offends anybody..It's how I feel..I can see meeting and talking on the internet then meeting in person and becoming close friends..That I believe could happen..

We're the startrekfans.net Family :bow: We're spooky and we're cookey, mysterious and spookey, we're all together whooky, the startrekfans.net family Our house is a Musem, when people come to see us, we're all together screeum, the startrekfans.net family :laugh: