Sign in to follow this  
TSonofvulcan

Illogical People

Is it not illogical that if people say "Star Trek Sucks"? I then proceed to ask them how many episodes they have seen. The person who said that with the most episodes a girl at my school who saw 2 episodes from one series. Star Trek isn't like starwars in a since that you can watch one or two episodes and like it. You must get involved with thae characters. :roflmao: Thankfully, my good friend you know as Valeris on the forums, is a very open-minded individual and she now loves startrek and I introduced her to her true love. :roflmao: Spock, the most logical vulcan! *picks up a bottle of Chato Picard* Mrs. Picard, I know how you love your husband's wine *pops open bottle and pours out some for Mrs. Picard, Valeris, and himself* To Spock and Picard!

Some poepl think Certian Seasons Suck or Certain Series suck after wacthing it

Is it logical then?

Why, Tinadoll, anyone is allowed to think something suckis- but only if they have a full knowledge of it. So yes, it would be logical then.

T'Son, I am forever grateful to you for introducing me to Star Trek. To Spock and Picard! :roflmao:

Awww thank you for the wine! (I usually don't drink any alcohol, but I think I will make an exception from the rule here :laugh: )

To Jean-Luc! :o

Well, and I also agree. It is highly illogial to assume Star Trek "sucks" without having watched at least 10 or 20 episodes of each series. :o

Logic would demand a further investigation of the object known as "Star Trek" :o :bow:

I know people who say that all the time. Those same people say that everything is bad. They say that the geeks do nothing. They are the ones who do not think. They just conform to peer pressure.

You guys are sure saying the word "SUCK" alot in this thread, how come? :laugh::bow:

I think people who say that StarTrek sucks must be stuck in 'suck-mode'. They need a systems reset, or a level one diagnostic :o

You guys are sure saying the word "SUCK" alot in this thread, how come? :laugh:  :bow:

I think people who say that StarTrek sucks must be stuck in 'suck-mode'. They need a systems reset, or a level one diagnostic :o

Maybe a level 3 diagnostic. It could be pessimism...

I also hate people like this guy I know named Alexi. He likes Star Trek, but he keeps it secret, since it is geeky and he wants to be cool. I say that he is not worthy to like Star Trek. This is just as bad as people who say it sucks after one or two episodes.

TSonofvulcan, your logic is without fail.  It is illogical for someone to say something  "sucks" without having ever experienced.

^

Your encouragement is very satisfactory.

Also, suck is a very interesting colloquialism. I've never found the origin of the syntax and usage. How can a television show suck? It is very illogical.

Highly. I do beleve the word "Suck" actually originated from English. I could be in error. I do know the meaning people use it as here is slang.

but I've never found the origin....

I'll look it up in the Oxford english dictionary....

wait, I'll try Webster's 3rd international unabridged.....

Wow this is heavy...

Ok, I found it....

Obsequious....

interesting...

still strange usage...

suck - O.E. sucan, corresponding to L. sugere "to suck," from PIE root *sug-/*suk-, of imitative origin. Meaning "do fellatio" is first recorded 1928. Slang sense of "be contemptible" first attested 1971 (the underlying notion is of fellatio). Suck eggs is from 1906. Suckling is early 13c. :flex:

Can anyone else picture a room full of Vulcans somewhere having a conversation just like this? :)

Edited by fenriz275

hey, don't activate my 1/4 klingon part since I can not control my emotions if it is to show. ( I use my 3/4 Vulcan part to overwhelm the klingon part but I still can get angrey...........about 3 times the normal klingon when i'm angry)

*Ki Winn walks in* Ki! A member of the prophets! *T'Son and Ki* Behold honorable member of the prophets, we are unworthy to stand in your presence, we are your servents. What service can we possibly preform you you?

This is entertaining...

I think that depends.

Lets get back to the topic here okay.

(Oh, and TSOV, could we please limit the "my child" responses to THIS thread. Thanks. :flex: )