Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

Has Anyone Ever Had A Major Surgery On Here?

I had surgery for a ruptured appendix in 1984. I don't remember what kind of pain killer I had, but even though it hurt like @#$%!, I didn't care! <_<

No major surgery. I had some minor stuff to remove shrapnel from my arm, but all they did was give me a local anesthetesia. it was deep enough to require a scalpal to remove it, but not deep enough to require me to be completely knocked out.

The close I ever came to major surgery was when my two lower wisdom teeth where removed. They put me under, because the teeth went coming right and push against other teeth in a very old angle.

Guest Mike_Hines01

Well, I have something called Scoliosis, which is a curvature of the spine. About two years ago I had metal rods put in to straighten it, of course they couldn't make it completely straight but they did a hell of a job. I was in hospital longer than expected due to a slight complication, but the worst part was I had to start college only a couple of weeks after getting out of hospital <_< . I've also had a couple of other operations but I won't go into detail.

Yes, I had a spinal fusion surgery in 1994 to correct Scholosis.

My spine was in the shape of a "Z" with the upper curve being 60 degrees and the lower being 55 degress. If I had of not had the surgery my ribs would have curved in and punctured my lungs and I would have died.

Woot! <_<

<_< I had a surgery several years ago when it was found that I had Endometriosis. I had two tumors removed one was about the size of a tennis ball and the other was like a marble. I was only in the hospital three days but the doctor wouldn't let me go back to work for two months. I wouldn't permit blood transfusions so it probably delay my return to work.

I was suppose to have a operation on the Endo again last summer but I refused to agree to it and I see a Therapist for pain management and I see a Herbalist. No more sawbones going to cut on me again.

YEPP, but it's not something I want to talk about, and I'm sure surprised someone thought this was a good topic. <_< But obviously it's getting some replies. <_<

I have never had any surgery!!! B) B) B) :hug::hug: :) B) B) <_< <_<

Edited by Commodore -Harry Kim-

Unless oral surgery (same as Odie) counts then no I haven't. I think feet, hip and hands surgerys are in my future...

I had my wisdom teeth out when they were small. They had to put me under for that, but it was not really a major surgery.

I've had dentistry performed on me, but besides that, nope...

My father is 57 or something, and is a diabetic, and he has had heart surgery...

My mother had some kind of surgery, but I forgot what kind...

I'd probably have some kind of surgery when transhumanism/posthumanism gets closer, and we become less human as nanotechnology takes into effect....lastresort.jpg42.gif

Never went for surgery ever...

Never broken anything either.....

I'm lucky...

:blink:

One back surgery-had one herniated and one ruptured disc in my back-fixed them both! Whatever pain came from the surgery, it was nothing compared to the pain I had been in before.