Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Where Would You Like To Visit?

What places do you have on your mental list of places you would like to visit some day?

For me, a few are:

The Grand Canyon

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

The Richard Nixon Presidential Library

Graceland (Again)

Fort Payne, Alabama

The 36 States in the US I haven't been to

Once I have seen the things in the US I want to see I'd like to go to:

England

Ireland

France

Germany

Basically Europe lol

Washington D.C.

New York City

Alaska

Austria, Switzerland, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, and Italy

Australia

Grand Canyon

Yellowstone (I've been there, but I would love to go again)

Yosemitie

Walt Disney World

The Mall of America

New Orleans

Hawaii

Boston

Maine

Philladelphia

I've done a lot of traveling in the U.S. and so I've been to over half of the states, but I want to visit the rest of them as well.

I would love to do a tour of some of Americas baseball parks.

I've never had the luck to travel much... I've still got 37 states to go before I've seen all of the US!

I'd like to see:

New York City

Missouri (where my dad's from)

Maine

Walt Disney World

Las Vegas (again)

Mexico

Greece

Egypt

Ireland

(I'll settle for a road trip to the Oregon coast right now though!)

Here is my short list:

The u.s.a too many places to put down

Australia..mostly the outback

Japan..osaka ring of fire,tokyo

North Alaska

Africa

I never really had a big desire to go to Africa, though Egypt would be a fascinating place to visit and see the Pyramids. I'd also like to go to Australia and New Zealand.

Places I would like to visit someday are :

The Grand Canyon

The Smokey Mountains, Tennessee (went there when I was a teen)

The Alamo

Key West, Florida

The Everglades, Florida

Alaska

Australia

Germany

Boston

New York City + a couple of NY historical spots I missed

Some historical spots in Illinois

Philadelphia

New Orleans

The Everglades - :drool:

Outside the US

Archeaological tour of Central/South America

Egypt -

Ireland

Scotland

Japan

Australia

Greece

Germany

I would love to see

Italy

Ireland

New Orleans

Canadian Maritimes

Australia

Santa Barba (spelling?)

Outside the United States I would most like to visit Israel, in particular Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Those plans are on hold indefintiely.

I would like to see the pyramids in Egypt, and go on a safari in Kenya.

I would like to see the Taj Mahal in India, and the Great Wall of China.

I'd like to go to Kyoto in the early Spring.

I'd like to go to Rome to see the Pieta, which I think is the most beautiful piece of sculpture ever produced.

I'd like to go to the Louvre (sp) in Paris.

In the US I have been in 21 of the 50 United States, and some of these I visit regualrly. (I don't count "passing through an airport" as visiting).

I would like to visit Hawaii, Alaska ( again...I was conceived there), and Montana. I actually know someone who lives in Montana. All these for their scenery.

Last but not least, Antarctica!

( But I have to say that back in the early 1970's while the moon missions were still growing strong I had the earnest expectation of one day being able to go to the moon as a tourist, and it was a resonable hope and expectation back then!)

Antarctica.... Turned down a job to work there once, and still wonder what it would have been like.

Last but not least, Antarctica!

I was surprised to learn about a year ago that is actually a major tourist destination.

And I saw something like that too, TUH, and I said to myself, "This may be the closest I get to my moon trip!" :drool:

Antarctica.... Turned down a job to work there once, and still wonder what it would have been like.

Ahhhh....the road not taken!

New Zealand, Austria, Iceland, ST:Experience ( :drool: ).. There are many places I would like to visit, just wish I had a lot more money and time so I could travel more..

1- Australia and New Zealand

2- Hawaii

3- Yosemite/Glacier/other parks with good photo opportunities

4- Bahamas

5- Serengeti

6- Maybe Italy or Greece

Places I would like to go: EVERYWHERE! :drool:

I would like to go to:

Antartica

Greece

Rome

Canada

Moscow

and like I already said, everywhere else! :drool:

Nowhere really, i've been to most places.

btw it kinda irritates when people say America, Africa, Europe and other continents, it maybe easier but it's damn annoying.

I live in England (in Europe), if i where going to Egypt (again) i'd say Egypt, not Africa.

I find the choices people list interesting, whether it is a continent, or a specific museum or mall.

For a while I sat there wondering, for instance, why VBG wanted to go to Fort Payne,

Alabama. I had never heard of it. What "important" thing could have happened there? Then it hit me. :lol: It must be Elvis' birthplace!

Isreal

London

Canada

Hawaii (i want to visit Pearl harbor)

Australia or New Zealand

Scotland or Ireland

I find the choices people list interesting, whether it is a continent, or a specific museum or mall.

For a while I sat there wondering, for instance, why VBG wanted to go to Fort Payne,

Alabama. I had never heard of it. What "important" thing could have happened there? Then it hit me. :lol: It must be Elvis' birthplace!

Until VBG sets up straight I'm guessing it has something to do with the group "ALABAMA". Elvis was born in Mississippi btw

Anyplace that has to do with Star Trek...

My aunt lives in Alaamedaaa with the nuclear wessels...

She used to live in san Fransisco where Sulu was born...

Alabama. I had never heard of it. What "important" thing could have happened there? Then it hit me. :laugh: It must be Elvis' birthplace!

Until VBG sets up straight I'm guessing it has something to do with the group "ALABAMA". Elvis was born in Mississippi btw

Oh, is that it?!! Well, as you can see, I don't know much about Elvis or Alabama! :P :P

Not a country/western fan. Not a rock fan. :P

So Elvis was born in Mississippi. Hmmm...Mississippi is one of the states I think I have not visited!

Still, I am not inclined to visit, although I know a couple people who live there, including a former boyfriend. I have been to the state of Alabama at least three times in the last nine years. In fact, Mississippi is the only southeastern state I have not visited---I have been to N & S Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee....( all more than once except Florida!)

Alabama. I had never heard of it. What "important" thing could have happened there? Then it hit me. :laugh: It must be Elvis' birthplace!

Oh, is that it?!! Well, as you can see, I don't know much about Elvis or Alabama! :blink: :hug:

Not a country/western fan. Not a rock fan. :hug:

So Elvis was born in Mississippi. Hmmm...Mississippi is one of the states I think I have not visited!

Still, I am not inclined to visit, although I know a couple people who live there, including a former boyfriend. I have been to the state of Alabama at least three times in the last nine years. In fact, Mississippi is the only southeastern state I have not visited---I have been to N & S Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee....( all more than once except Florida!)

I did miss this question when it was asked back in May, sorry for the delay in the response.

TUH is correct, 3 of the 4 members of the group Alabama (The 3 that are cousins, Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Jeff Cook) were born in Fort Payne and they have a museum there. Plus each year the leader of the band, Randy Owen holds a special event on his ranch called FAD (Fan appreciation Day) where he invites all fans to come to his home to spend the day and enjoy many festivities. I have never been, though Amy has and maybe she can share what exactly the festivities are that take place. That yearly event has always impressed me though, what other major star would open his or her home to their fans for the day?

And Elvis was indeed born in Mississippi, Tupelo to be exact. I've never actually been interested in visiting there though.

Patagonia and Antarctica - I'm going!

Next on the list:

Scotland, Ireland and Wales

The Great Ocean Road (Oz)

The Kimberleys

Alaska

Tasmania

USA- National Parks like Arches, The Grand Canyon and Yellowstone

I have always wanted to visit Rome and Las Vegas.

In addition, I want to take my kids to see D.C. (although I have lived there before).

I want to go back to the islands, and Lie beside the sea there, with a tin cup for a chalice fill it up with good red wine, and I'll be chewing on a honey suckle vine. Whops got JB on the brain.

Don't get me wrong, I love the winter time, but there is something about the carribian that just talked to me.

Was it the rum??

I still want to visit the Grand Canyon, maybe go camping there. That would a great outing. Camping at the Grand Canyon for a few days or a week.