Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

TRUST............

I think of myself as a trust-worthy person. So I trust people. But I've found that the people in my life, who I've met, at one time or another, who CAN'T trust are the ones I can't trust. They don't understand trust, they never could. Either because of the people they've dealt with in their lives, or just because they can't be trusted. This is a sad thing to me. Once someone said it was because they had 'Larceny in Their Heart'. Which may be true. An attitude of ' get the other guy before he gets you'.

Which may be true. An attitude of ' get the other guy before he gets you'.

is he meant in general... or directed at males?

anyways i dont have this problem.. trust is earned.. i do not give it away... it prevents people from breaching that 'contract' of trust

I'm kindof on the fence with this one. In general, I may be a little too trusting at times -- that whole "people are generally good" type of feeling, even though it's not always true. (don't get the impression that I'm gullible, though). When it comes to individual people, however, I do question their motives sometimes. As SV said, trust is earned.

I trust almost everyone (because im slow in the head) and I get used alot like one time a ferind needed lunch money so I gave him two dollars but he used to it just to buy answers for homework. Another time I was at a track meet and I was talking to some girls and I asked my ferinds to watch my back pack but my ferinds dug in it and took 5 dollars and spent it on hot dogs and freeked out on me when I told them I wanted to get payed back or else I would report them to the police for theft.

I have known them since my freshmen year (last year) even though I should have known that they did not deserve my trust their too imature. But anyways I did not report them to the police. I sent some seniors after them. Man its great having ferinds with power.

Which may be true. An attitude of ' get the other guy before he gets you'.

is he meant in general... or directed at males?

anyways i dont have this problem.. trust is earned.. i do not give it away... it prevents people from breaching that 'contract' of trust

No it's not directed just at males. Women can be just as untustworthy as men can :blink:

tis a sad, sad world, when you cant trust one you love. trust is the most basic of things to have with friendship or love. and also is the most fragile thing to have. tis so hard to earn at times, and so easily lost. unfortunately i am one of those that always tries to see the best in people, even when its not there. but i guess better that, than a cynical bast**d. thats why i left my wife, i finally came to a point i can never fully trust her again, and thats no way to have a relationship.

I'm not sure what kind of "trust" you are talking about - emotional or financial. As someone who's once worked as a collections manager my advice on business is trust no one and get a written contract.

Emotional trust is something that I think must develop over time between two people.

I think the most important responsibility in the world is when a child trusts you.

i agree on the child aspect UH, when a child trusts you, you better not let them down, that hurts the most. as a child you just shouldnt have to be subject to that kind of disapointment

if i can trust someone, then i will never lie to them. but if i think that the person i am talking to will make a website about what i am telling them then they ar going to get a whole lota crap from me.

if i can trust someone, then i will never lie to them. but if i think that the person i am talking to will make a website about what i am telling them then they ar going to get a whole lota crap from me.

So your a Craphound? Me too :) :D

I do not like to trust people. Trust has only served to show me how one can hurt someone. I do not know that many trustworthy people. I do not even trust my family anymore (if you want details, PM me; I do not want to write my life story here) and I generally am actually the most open, well... here. None of you know me, and I can not really be hurt emotionally by someone I know as words on a page. So no, I am not trusting. Although I do believe that I can be trusted. I think. :)

Jolan Tru

I'm generally a very trusting person. Sometimes it leads to pain when somebody proves to be untrustworthy, but that's ok. I'd rather be hurt from time to time then to not trust. However when it comes to my kids I don't trust many people. I won't put them in daycare and I have a very hard time leaving them with any babysitter. I'll only leave them with close family and 1 or 2 close friends.

Undoubtedly most of you have heard the term ' I can't trust myself '. I know in certain situations I feel this way. The temptations to not do the right thing are there. What do you do if faced with this dilemma? I just stay out of those situations the best I can. There are things I can't trust myself with :)

I try to stay away but it is so hard. I know what you mean though and I quite frequently feel that way. It really depends on what the thing is though. I really have no clue when it comes to me. I need a Betazoid to tell me how I feel. :)

Jolan Tru

Revenge make his life a living (you know what) make him fear you make him cry break his trust, egg his house, crash a party he has, frame him so when he asks you to help you, you can go opps sorry I dont trust you. You might be lieing.

No Advice. Trust is one of those things you earn and once its broken its hard to get back. I know that once in a while things happen, but between friends trust is a big thing. I have a newer friend that should be with this one girl. She seems to be great, but she has a butthead of a boyfriend. I would love to hit on her but its just wrong, she is cool, cute, and nice, I hope she hooks up with my buddy some day but till then all I can do is look. Its just not right. Trust is something earned, and sacred. If a buddy broke your trust, make him work for it. Dont just give it back to him. I know im a bit drunk, but its all the same sober or drunk. Trust me I know, trust is somethin that can really hurt when betrayed.

Undoubtedly most of you have heard the term ' I can't trust myself '.  I know in certain situations I feel this way. The temptations to not do the right thing are there. What do you do if faced with this dilemma?  I just stay out of those situations the best I can.  There are things I can't trust myself with :lol:

You've touched on a very true principle - no one is immune to temptation. Avoiding those situations is the best route to take.

Once i used to trust everybody but as time went on and certain things happened I started to realise that everyone i trust cant actually be trusted so now i don't give away my trust at all not to anyone.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:lol:

i just had my best friend break some of my well put trust.. any advice?

There's a saying SV, " Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice, shame on me" Ever hear that before? It means, that if you didn't learn the first time it's your own darn fault if you let them do it again. I had this happen to me a few times. I learned that they weren't my best friends, after all. :( I had to just walk away, or better described, run as fast as I could :rofl::rofl:

hey, if you lie to someone so no one gets hurt and so you dont get screwed (i.e. get cut off from school, friends, computers etc.) becuase you beilve that what you are doing is not wrong but someone else who can screw you over does, is that wrong?

I was gonna stay clear of this thread but why not,i have been told that i trust ppl to much and when they break my trust i get hurt,which is true but i still trust ppl just not fully anymore i dont want to get hurt again but in life you still have to try to trust ppl other wise life gets very boring and you end up alone.

I for one never would betray someones trust its not who i am i like to think this makes me a good person,but trust needs to be earned not bought.

I was gonna stay clear of this thread but why not,i have been told that i trust ppl to much and when they break my trust i get hurt,which is true but i still trust ppl just not fully anymore i dont want to get hurt again but in life you still have to try to trust ppl other wise life gets very boring and you end up alone.

I for one never would betray someones trust its not who i am i like to think this makes me a good person,but trust needs to be earned not bought.

GOD THAT IS SO ME. i like to see the best in people. and it usually gets me screwed. but alas, i would rather be a nice guy than an arse, such is life i guess.

hey, if you lie to someone so no one gets hurt and so you dont get screwed (i.e. get cut off from school, friends, computers etc.) becuase you beilve that what you are doing is not wrong but someone else who can screw you over does, is that wrong?

I think your only responsible for your own behavior Bearded Ape. You can't change other people's behavior. And your only responsible for your own.

I find that if someone I am close to just stops talking, that's when I start to feel like I can't trust HIM :laugh: :P