Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Site Rules Announcement

Well I think rule is great. I think maybe it should be ironed out to allow smaller links and so on with conditions of spam posting. I have been getting ticked off lately, I get those constant PM's I see people posting the links on completely unrelated topics, and the sig thing too. I completely agree with this rule, and it is also a matter of respect not to have links and spam like that.

How come the signature length is only 75 characters long now? It just gets shorter and shorter. Everyone knows my trademark signature is a quote accompanied by a picture from ST.com which changes every so often. Now I can barely get a full quote and can't even put the adress it self for a picture. <_<

These people who feel the need to advertise have ruined signature fun for me. :P :(

For the record I have kept my site in the site forum, I also kept it in my signiture. But you raely see me here. I say its a bad thing. Jean-Luc Picard pointed that he likes to do that thing. It should be the one banned. Yet we see links to this site in peoples sigs at other sites, so why can't they do the same here?

For the record I have kept my site in the site forum, I also kept it in my signiture. But you raely see me here. I say its a bad thing. Jean-Luc Picard pointed that he likes to do that thing. It should be the one banned. Yet we see links to this site in peoples sigs at other sites, so why can't they do the same here?

Is it VBG or any of the mods? If it is, is it sites that are not owned by them or fellow STFers?

Hey wait someone removed my site. I am outta here. This is censoring my rights and everyones rights. Enjoy you're rebellian I can see a revolt.

Hey wait someone removed my site. I am outta here. This is censoring my rights and everyones rights. Enjoy you're rebellian I can see a revolt.

No one removed your sig, it only shows up one time per topic page. Why are you so quick to scream and yell to start trouble? If you scroll back to the top of the screen you will see your sig is STILL there. B)

I tend to disagree, but VBG does pay about $1000 PER YEAR, so I think he has the right to do what he wants to with this site...

Edited by -Harry Kim-

I think someone needs to hand out Chill Pills. Nothing has gone into effect yet and it's being discussed.

Geesh!

Well, the guidelines have changed...

Edited by -Harry Kim-

I think someone needs to hand out Chill Pills. Nothing has gone into effect yet and it's being discussed.

Geesh!

NOTHING HAS GONE INTO EFFECT?!?!?!

THE GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED!!!

Did you NOT read what I said?

Harry, Me Thinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much... B)

Your signature generated the most complaints of them all because of it's size and overbearing nature.

Let me say this one more time for you though.

NOTHING has gone into effect yet and it's STILL being discussed.

Now, if there's any part of that quote you STILL don't understand I'd be happy to explain it to you. Just PM me.

Harry, no offense but you might want to tone it down a bit; your age is showing.

What I feel about this decision doesn't matter. The fact is that many other boards have similar guidelines that restrict advertisement for other sites by their members. Some sites don't even have a Links forum, so we should at least be grateful for that.

I definitely agree with what appears to have been the first purpose of this idea - to eliminate those humongous "Come join my board" signatures. While I personally don't mind the tiny 8-12 pt. text advertisements, this is VBG's board; he pays for it. I know he'll listen to anyone's suggestions, but it's entirely the administrator's decision in the end.

Reverse the situation: I doubt you would appreciate it if on a board you were paying for, a few of the members started (in a somewhat rude manner) Telling you what you can and cannot do. Just let the mods consider the options for now.

Edited by Ace

Harry, Me Thinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much...  B)

I do too... please delete, this post is out dated and the views expressed by the individual who posted this has changed.

Edited by -Harry Kim-

I'm siding with VBG here. it's not so hard to understand, and it's not even censorship. At the moment, the rule isn't even in effect yet, so logic dictates that until it becomes "Law", you can have a link in your sig. Now, what is so hard about going to the links forum and posting a link there, or putting one in your profile under homepage? I did it. wasn't that hard, and it didn't hurt at all. My advise? take the easy way, put your link in your profile, and post ONE thread about your site in the links forum, and be done with it. you are exhausting too much energy fighting this.

By the way, this is VBG's forum. he owns it, he pays for it, he chooses what is acceptable for posting here.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

I'm siding with VBG here. it's not so hard to understand, and it's not even censorship. At the moment, the rule isn't even in effect yet, so logic dictates that until it becomes "Law", you can have a link in your sig. Now, what is so hard about going to the links forum and posting a link there, or putting one in your profile under homepage? I did it. wasn't that hard, and it didn't hurt at all. My advise? take the easy way, put your link in your profile, and post ONE thread about your site in the links forum, and be done with it. you are exhausting too much energy fighting this.

By the way, this is VBG's forum. he owns it, he pays for it, he chooses what is acceptable for posting here.

Stardate:214237.8

Well said EJP.Why is everybody getting so riled up over such a trival thing.I dont see the problem with just posting a thread about ur site in the appropiate place anyways.I imagine people put links in thier sigs to get traffic but if people dont go there because of the threads then obvoiusly it isnt popular enough to generate traffic.Get over it people. B)

My only issue is the length of the sig.  Couldn't we have them at 200 characters or something?

Good Lord! 200 characters? Brevity man, brevity. :frusty:

Geesh!

Uh..... yeah....... can you explain that to me one more time please?

(Just kidding.)

Do you know what the "Moses Effect" is VBG. You're a vicitm of it right now.

I'm with VaBeachGuy too on this. It's so annoying link after link. Most of them I'm not interested in anyway. If I want to find something, I'll find it my D**m self. Instead of finding 'Retarded Baby Animals', which I thought was obscene to begin with and someone trying to sell me something. It's a Big Fat Pain. And most of the titles on the links are very deceptive too :frusty:

My signature at Imagination Island, my forum, is 476 characters and not very long at all.  It's a lengthy qoute in small print along with a picture from the qouted movie.  So, 200 doesn't seem like that much to me.

Stardate:214311.9

Yeah it would be nicer if the sigs were longer than 175 characters.Now if it were 175 letters then that would be fine.Because code and spaces take up alot of those characters.I mean I can barely fit 2 senteces in my sig.Look at my signature it is 143 characters and it is really short.

Sigs defintitly need to be longer.

I set it higher.

Thank you! :frusty:

I'll try not to get to carried away. :frusty: