Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Electric Razor or Blades?

well it could be that the electric(which was a gift) isn't top of the line, but still it doesn't seem to shave as close as a straight razor

Right now i use a multi-bladed razor, but i'm planing on getting an electric someday. The bladed type is a pain in the arse sometimes :o . (pardon the langauge)

A blade will give you a better shave, in face in the Army that's all we were allowed to use. If someone used an electric razor the Sgt could tell right away.

As for what I use now, on the few occasins that I shave I use electric. But I only shave when I feel like it, which can be once every couple months or longer.

Am I the only woman in this thread so far? :P Anyway, I use blades, electric never gives a close enough shave. Frankly I hate both. Waxing gives much better results but it's a pain (both literally and figuratively) If I ever get rich I swear it's laser hair removal for me. blah.gif

Well I prefer to use a straight razor, but they are really hard to find. My next preference would be a razor with 2 blades. I will use a Mach 3 if I really have to but it doesn't seem to grip the hairs on my chin. Don't waste your money on the Quatro and... Hey, I'm a Captain now! :P

Blades, tried an electric breadtrimmer when I was on my "Woohoo I have facial hair lets grow a goatee" phase and it ripped hair out and the like so I went back to the old fashion way.

I use razor blades like all real MEN electirc ones a for whimps...lol

Stardate:214276.1

Agreed :P

I use the good old Mach 3.I tried the electric once and like was said above it doesnt do as good a job as the blade.

Am I the only woman in this thread so far?  :P  Anyway, I use blades, electric never gives a close enough shave.

You were until I responded. I agree with you though.

I once got an electric as a gift, tried it for a few months, and just couldn't get used to

it. At home, I use a disposable razor. When camping or biking, I use my knife.