Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Multiple Usernames

I thought I should say something about multiple user names.

While it's not "against the rules" to have more then one user name I think it should be known that if someone attacks a member or spams the board or otherwise does things that are against the rules while using an "alternate" user name they are running the risk of their IP address being banned. If that happened then none of their uuser nameswould work.

It should also be knows that we (the Mods) can tell when someone has more then one user name.

Big Brother is watching.

but i stick with with trekzone, because i want 10,000 posts under my belt, where is the fun in dividing the glory?

It's not really a matter of Big Brother, it's just a matter of ensuring that people aren't attacked and it's a way of ensuring a pleasant place to hang out.

Here's something I've often wonderred. Is it OK to have a single backup username for when you get into a scuffle with another member? Perhaps a "second" name to get discussions going without posting incase you're the last one who posted on each? I'm not sure what the stance is on a 2nd name in this context, and surely it shouldn't be encouraged, but I just wanted to see what you guys think on the matter.

I think it would be a high price to pay. Having another name after accumulating hundreds of posts, a loss of rank. A person would have to have some serious ulterior motives behind doing something like that, or some kind of sociopathic instability. Trickery or deceipt most certainly might be a motive. I feel like it's unfair. I mean, I guess if I really want another name I could figure it out, but up til now I haven't. I've know several people on here who have used it to deceive people. What was the question? It's 2 A.M. My brain is fried, I'm babbleing, sorry, Good Night. :wow:

It real does not make since to have more than one user name unless the situation is bad enough to warrant it. But to loss all the posts... :wow:

Big Brother, maybe not.

ok, neway - i think it would be a dis-advantage having another username, because you have to "start" posting all over again..

I thought I noticed one this week...if so they weren't very inventive.

Just an observation...no harm was done!!! :wow:

I thought I noticed one this week...if so they weren't very inventive.

Just an observation...no harm was done!!! :thumbs:

Yeah, I noticed one too.

I don't use multiple usernames cause I have a lousy memory, if you run across a fenriz275 anywhere else it's probably me. Besides I don't have anything to hide, multiple usernames seems a little dishonest to me. Pretend you're someone else to your friends, why do that?

If a person wants to create a new name, then it should be their perogative. While attacking other members is not cool, if a person wants to express themselves by using another name, then they should be allowed.

And obviously, the people creating these new names do not care about the "post" count that they are using. Sometimes it is good to start again with a new name, especially when you want to stop being the "guy or gal" that everyone knows.

Big Brother? I Laugh A Big Brother!!!

:thumbs:

Edited by shadowfigment

Anywhere you go if you see ARMS or Geddo, you know it's me, and since theres no Geddo on this board it's not me with a dual personality <_<

If a person wants to create a new name, then it should be their perogative.  While attacking other members is not cool, if a person wants to express themselves by using another name, then they should be allowed.

And obviously, the people creating these new names do not care about the "post" count that they are using.  Sometimes it is good to start again with a new name, especially when you want to stop being the "guy or gal" that everyone knows.

Big Brother?  I Laugh A Big Brother!!!

<_<

Yeah, it is their purgative, but like I said if they attack other members or do other things to break the rules and that causes their IP address to be banned then they won't be able to log on using any of their names.

I will stick with my name it took a lot of sweat to get this far and i anit giving that up,i also think its very shady to use more than one user name just to cause trouble BIG NO NO IN MY BOOK <_<

Behiend VBG 100%

you new the rules when joined live and die by them

if not by no biggie

cant follow not needed

Nuff Said

While it's not "against the rules" to have more then one user name I think it should be known that if someone attacks a member or spams the board or otherwise does things that are against the rules while using an "alternate" user name they are running the risk of their IP address being banned. If that happened then none of their user names would work.

It should also be knows that we (the Mods) can tell when someone has more then one user name.

Just a reminder. :laugh:

I just usee mine for backup for a while since someone I think my brother got into my accound and changed my profile a bit...

I have one backup, also... If my brother (Same IP address) was banned, would it be possible for me to stay???

the IP address that is logged (And I noticed this on MY board), is the one you REGISTERED from. in your profile that VBG and AE have access to under the Admin CP, it shows your IP that you registered with, as well as other info, E-mail address, messenger IDs, URLs to pictures in your Avatar and sig, so on. now, to prevent people from registering under one IP and posting on another, they will probably also ban the username and the e-mail address, and move your account to the "Banned Members" mask, which means, if they selected it, anyways, you can't view certain---or any, in certain cases--forums.

While it's not "against the rules" to have more then one user name I think it should be known that if someone attacks a member or spams the board or otherwise does things that are against the rules while using an "alternate" user name they are running the risk of their IP address being banned. If that happened then none of their uuser nameswould work.

Oh, ok. I though it was illegal so I've used just this one. All I wanted to do was change my current screen name. Like I do that all the time on SW.com and proboard powered boards. Can you do it on, what are these boards called.....Invision Power boards. Can you change your screen name without having another account?

Edited by StarfleetMarine

for a username change you have to request it from the Administrators (VBG and Alterego), and they'll do it for you. you'll get an E-mail saying your username has been changed to whatever.