Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

To honor Ensign Jim Phaserman

Here you can post anything (good) about Ensign Jim Phaserman. This is kind of like a memorial service. Keep in mind that (to the best of my knowledge) Julie will still be on, and she can show it to him, so this is not a "Say whatever you want about EJP behind his back." FOR CLARIFICATION, IN HIS PERSONAL LOG HE SAID,

For the record, I am NOT leaving because of the Signature thing. I have other personal reasons for leaving. Sorry for the confusion I caused.
He was one of our best members and it is so sad to see him leave. Ensign Jim Phaserman, 1/6/2004-3/23/04 :) . Best wishes to Julie and Gary on STF.net and Jim boldly going where he has not gone before!!! To that, EJP, I salute you. :blink: :) :bow:

A good kind man. Someone I respect and Liked. Someone with a sense of humour who was treated badly by some here.

He will be missed

This is a shock. I just get here as your leaving. Was it something I said? :) I'm sorry, if it was. Just kidding with ya. Seriously, this is not good news. Ahhh, but you could change your mind and come back.. Or you could come by for a visit now and then, right? I mean this doesn't have anything to do with the IRS, does it? :blink:

Sorry to see you go Jim...you are the most patriotic person I've met in a

long time and I thought your signature was awesome.....that's what the

signatures are for .....to define who we are......

Please reconsider..... :)

Damn, Jim is leaving, now who am I going to tag team with on the Pro-bush rants? I'll be keeping in touch with him, and I hope the rest of you do too.

*snaps to attention and salutes*

We had our differences Jim. Well... that's it. Didn't really know you other than in Risa, where it could get a tad heated.

He was a good man..... deserving honor....

It won't be the same without him...

we lost one of the best....

:)

Really sorry to see you go. You are a good man.

GO NAVY!!!

You Will Be Missed. :)

Stardate:214235.1

Jim man we'll miss you alot thats for damn sure.Kronos will never be the same without you.You have the utmost respect in my book solider.

:stands beside hardcharginsarge,stands at attention and salutes:

May the wind be at your sails Jim Phaserman

Welcome Back Little Bro. We are all FAM. Here. Send Big Brother Our Best Wishes.

WE Miss Him. Send Him My Best Wishes . And Prayers

Goodbye Jim

Your were an excellent debater and a great officer

GO NAVY :picard-sith:

EJP, If you make the decision to come back then "Yea!!!" You are truly one of a kind. However if you make the permanent decision to never retun, I understand.

*Salutes and disappears back into the Shadows*

<_<

Guest EJP

Didn't know ya, EJP, but reading looking back a few pages and reading some of your posts, you seem like a cool guy.

To all standing at attention and saluting, I have two things for you.

:Returns salute:

Stand at Ease, The Jim has returned.

Thank you. For those wondering, I did post in the "My interests" section of my profile a reason while I was gone. in it is a confession that was hard to make, but I did make it.

Thank you. For those wondering, I did post in the "My interests" section of my profile a reason while I was gone. in it is a confession that was hard to make, but I did make it.

It is sometimes hard to form a community when people are so different, and many have left this board for what they consider to be good reasons. I respect your decision to stay more than I would have respected your decision to leave.

I read your comments about why you left, and looked for the comments about your signature, but could not find them. They may have been removed by a moderator if they amounted to personal attack. I think we need your military perspective here as much as we need the pacifist's perspective. More than anyone those of you who fight for this country must know that that many of the people you fight for do not agree with what you do, which can't be easy. But I think the majority respect your sacrifice. I respect your sacrifice, yet I am liberal-leaning.

If you ever have a chance to watch a program called "Sue Thomas:FBI", you should try to catch an episode which aired Sunday April 4. I do not know all the characters' names, but the lead male FBI guy was under investigation ( including internally from the FBI) for "racial profiling" for arresting a Arab man for suspicion of planning a terrorist strike.

They had good evidence from NSA decoders, and knew that the arrested man's lawyer, who was attacking the FBI in the press, was being used to give coded instructions to the other terrorists. They could not get the judge to issue a gag order because the judge wanted evidence, and the FBI could not risk letting it be known that they had the code. The same judge released the smirking terrorist, against the FBI's advice. Here comes the important part. Since the terrorist was now out of jail, he changed the code. But his lawyer, who had been attacking the FBI still had a message she was supposed to read to the press before the guy knew he was going to get out. Now the lawyer was a security risk to the terrorists because she (unknowingly) had the terrorist targets in the old code. The FBI tried to warn her that her life was in danger, which she viewed as a confession on the FBI's part that they had been "spying " on her. Of course she was killed, because she did not let the FBI protect her.

But then, the FBI was able to convince the same judge that had not been listening all along to give them a search warrant to find the message the lawyer would have given. They were then able to figure out the terrorist targets, some of which were in England and France, and that they did not know who one of the terrorists was. So they rearrested the one terrorist, and his compatriots they knew, and manned all the the other locations to be attacked hoping to stop the last one in the act. They were looking for vans loaded with explosives with Arab drivers. The first van they stopped and pulled their guns on turned out to be a man with his two small children... so the FBI apologized profusely and explained to him the situation. The man was offended that he had been stopped, and guns pulled on his children (who wouldn't be?).

The FBI did manage to stop the unknown terrorist. Only the French were unable to stop all their terrorists. So a couple hundred died rather than the 70,000 planned deaths. A good day for the FBI.

But then FBI guy who had been under investigation for racial profiling originally was called in again by his boss, and sitting there was the Arab guy who had been mistakenly stopped, with guns pointed at his children. The FBI guy was thinking "here we go again." But the Arab guy said that while he was upset at first, that his wife worked in the building that the FBI prevented the terrorist from blowing up. He was there to think the FBI for saving his wife's life. Cool ending!

The point of that episode (if anyone is still reading....this has gotten long) is that many are aware of the challenges of trying to conduct the war against terrorism within the confines of a democracy. I applaud your efforts in this area.

I am glad you made the decision to stay, and look forward to disagreeing with you in some future thread, as it is the American way.

well havent been around much lately, so didnt even know you left, but glad to read that your back the same time i found out you left. you did and do, and will add interest to this sight. i salute you, and all active and past military personell as well. keep it up.

PEACE