Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Spiritual Dilemma

Have you ever had serious thoughts about entering the Ministry? Did you ever feel like you had the calling? What did you do about it? :unsure:

I am a minister and have been since I was 16. I preach door to door and give talks at my local Kingdom Hall. All batized Jehovah's Witnesses are ministers.

I actually had a minstry license for a year and half while I served as a missionary. But my church does not have a paid clergy (nor female clergy) though every member is a missionary - and has some calling in the congregation.

When my nephews church hired a new minister at $70,000 a year I thought maybe I was in the wrong church. :unsure:

Guest Ktrek

I went to Bible school when I was younger and pastored a small church that met in our home for a couple of years. However, as I got studying my Bible and early church history I came to learn that the modern day church system with their one man ministry as being unscriptural. So I left it. I have not left being a Christian but I stand outside the systems that men have built taking the name of Christ. They have brought mostly reproach to His name for about 1700 years but there has always been small pockets of Christians who have stood outside of the systems of men and held fast to the word of God and the name of Christ as the ground for gathering. All believers are called to minister in some capacity but not in the "ordained" way that people think.

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

I have never personaly considered the ministry, but, to pass on advice my pastor has used in his sermons, don't enter the ministry if you can be happy doing anything else...you want to be sure this is what God has planned for you. Trust in Him and he won't fail you...

Thank you all for sharing with me. I do minister to people all the time. Outside four walls. I too, Ktrek, have a problem with organized religions or Humanisms. God is everywhere, in all things. How can that not be so, He created everything.

Actually i think i am too Liberal for the clergy(and i have a big mouth)

But i might join the choir or become part of the childrens ministry(I love kids and i am always hyper)

I believe God has a purpose for our lives. My own calling is connected to prayer and intercession, but I am still learning. Just let the Lord lead you, and don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself to" figure it all out." It is a walk of faith.

I was raised in a very religious Christian family. However I at this point in my life would classify myself as undecided. I'm not atheist, but I really haven't decided what I believe.

I am the grandaughter of, great niece of, and first cousin to baptist preachers. Both I and my older brother questioned our faith in our youth. I was an atheist ( science was my "god") from about age sixteen to about age nineteen. And then I went through a period where I believed there was a "God", but was not sure He sent Jesus Christ. That was a rather long period of my life. I was busy questioning things. But since the living God ( the one who sent Jesus Christ) is faithful, I found out that in all my searchings I was always on the road back to Him.

I am always talking with God, everyday. I feel a presence so strong that sometimes it's overwhelming. I can't deny what I feel. I was born again in 1990, quite young. Most people aren't born again until they reach adulthood. I had a near death experience and things just haven't been the same since. I thought this feeling would go away eventually, but it hasn't.

I love missions trips and camps....I'm only thirteen so I can't really become a minister...