Sign in to follow this  
Guest Personal Jesus

Confessions

You know, I'm rather amused by this! And no, I was never offended. It's pretty hard to offend someone with a name like "personl jesus" who doesn't even belong to any religion! I wouldn't have been offended even with the satan like images. Anywho, hope that paper gets a good grade... and I, like Nemesis, wouldn't mind readin' it.

I've had other sorts of tests done on me. Like once some aliens took me into their ship and did weird things to me... like inject nanites into my bloodstream and have me drink romulan ail, so that when I told people what happened, they would think I was just drunk :unsure:

I've had other sorts of tests done on me. Like once some aliens took me into their ship and did weird things to me... like inject nanites into my bloodstream and have me drink romulan ail, so that when I told people what happened, they would think I was just drunk :unsure:

That happened to me too!

Could you email it to me? I love reading stuff like that!

After some consideration, I have decided against e-mailing or posting the paper. Some of the members on this board were hurt and/or disturbed by the Personal Jesus account.

Also, I would like to avoid any further debates or issues the paper "might" cause. After my professor issues my grade, I think that I will put the paper in my file cabinet and walk away from it.

I am sorry to you all who might want to read it. I just dont think that I am ready to issue the paper out.

Thank you.

Yea, well I was one of your guinea pigs. And I was extremely upset by what you did to me personally. And now your still here and expect me to be friendly with you using poetry as an open door, again. I'm sorry, but in all my dealings with you, you have offended me in one way or another. And not just with the Personal Jesus thing. You can't treat people like this and expect them to like you. No. I take my faith very seriously, it's not something to mock or make fun of. I think your little experiment was heartless. This is the last thing I will ever say to you. And stop PMing me. I don't want to talk to you again.

Didn't really see any harm done...

Never really saw the movie "Dogma" though...

I think psychological experiments are interesting, anyways....

Yea, well I was one of your guinea pigs.  And I was extremely upset by what you did to me personally.  And now your still here and expect me to be friendly with you using poetry as an open door, again.  I'm sorry, but in all my dealings with you, you have offended me in one way or another. And not just with the Personal Jesus thing.  You can't treat people like this and expect them to like you.  No. I take my faith very seriously, it's not something to mock or make fun of. I think your little experiment was heartless. This is the last thing I will ever say to you.  And stop PMing me. I don't want to talk to you again.

I never remember attacking your faith, I simply let everyone draw their own conclusions... :unsure:

Anywho...

I recieved my grade for the paper, and I got a high A. Whew!

I would like to thank all of the board members who interacted with the Personal Jesus character, without you, the project would have not been as sucessful.

Thank you all again.

Jeanway, sorry for the hurt feelings. Hopefully in the future, relations between ourselves "might" become better.

:unsure:

Congrats on the grade. :unsure:

(If you ever change your mind, I'd still like to read it.)

You don't remember attacking my faith? You come on here with this ridiculous user name, Personal Jesus. What's that?? Then the Avatar with Jesus doing something so inappropriate, then you PM me with a flashing Devil and a Revolving Pentagram in response to my PM welcoming you here and I told you I was a fellow Christian and you had a friend here??? And after I put you on block, complained to the Mods about you and told you myself to stop PMing me, right here in this thread. You PMed me again tonight. What is wrong with you anyway? I'll tell you again, leave me alone, I do not want to talk to you. Understand yet?

awww....

*hugs jeanway*

:huh:

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

Jeanway, chill out. At the end of the day avatars, sigs, and names are a reflection of ourselves, they are not and never will be an attack on anothers personal beliefs.

Shadowfigment did this to see how people react to things which may get them thinking about their own or others religions. Are you not being judgemental?

I grew up christian and wasn't it God who said to leave the judging unto Him???

Okay so you were affronted by it. But I never have seen him do anything nasty cruel or callous. And in no uncertain terms did I see the "Personal Jesus" persona as such.

The picture in a sig line the one I saw, made me laugh, I took it as an ironic joke.

A pentagram by the way isn't a symbol of anarchy or devil worship. A pentogram is in fact a symbol of a pagan religion dating to pre christian times, it was only the church that made it into a symbol devilry. It was the hystrionics of the church since then that have made it downright hard for pagans to assert themselves into the community and they tend to live on the outside because of negative and often wrong viewpoints.

I can take a great offense at the way you are viewing such symbols on behalf of ALL pagans, I won't, but I could!

Look at the words of the PM's you have received from shadowfigment and Personal Jeasus, and look at the words, read them several times, CALMLY. without looking at the religious implications and see through to what the person not the screen name is saying. You may learn and grow from it.

Angel, I am not judging anyone. I am having problems with this person. It's between he and I. He doesn't seem to be getting a message I have been trying to tell him now for a while now. No one knows ALL the facts, just he and I. And I'll react the way I react. You can't tell someone how to react. Just like you can't tell someone how to feel. You just do. I don't want this to turn into some big debate, OK, Angel?

Jeanway all I am saying is look beyond the surface and see what he is really trying to say. When I read your posts to him you seem to be very terse towards him.

Please enlighten me. I have never had a bad experience with him, and I don't know of many if any that have either.

BTW, I understand you don't want to discuss this, but I felt it pertinant to say

Angel, I think the main problem Jeanway's having is the content of some of the pm's he's sending her, and she doesn't want to go into it on the forum....but the idea is for him to get the message....LEAVE MY GIRLFRIEND ALONE!!STOP PM'ing her! Before I send him on permanent vacation to visit his personal jesus.

Stardate:214230.7

Man I can feel a closure flying towards this topic real quick like.

Anyways I think as far as the experiment goes it may have been a little overboard and I think maybe you should of researched it just a little more as too whom you were sending the PM's too.But as they say whats done is done.Myself I didnt take any offense to it(but thats probably because I am not religious) but it seems a few others have.

Anyways Shadow like was said before if you ever change your mind about that paper Pm me as I would like to read it as well.It has always fascinated me as to how easily most reliious people are offened when it comes to thier faith.(that was not directed at anyone just a general statement)

I have one brother who is seven years older than the other. The older one would taunt and bait the younger one, and when the younger one defended himself in any way, shape, or form, "innocent" big brother would profess his amazement at the younger one's actions. I never saw what there was to be amazed about.

SF performed a deliberate psychological test. The test was aimed at getting a religious rise out of people, and people reacted accordingly. On this thread, he has apologized and some have refused to accept that apology. Fine. Undoubtedly, he knew that he would get reactions like he did, so he's probably not surprised. Such is life.

This has gone way overboard. The feelings are strong and immediate. Please, both sides, take a deep breath and move on.

actually none of this surprised or offended me. I expect everyone to screw me over eventually so it's really to me a matter of figuring out when.

Okay... As far as the PM situation went... As soon as the Personal Jesus account was set up, Jeanway sent me a PM welcoming me to to the board. I replyed thanks for the welcome. The current avatar and signature pics were in that of phase 1 (the demon pic and the pentagram). Personal Jesus did not send any more PM's to Jeanway after she expressed her concern toward the created profile.

The PM's that I sent as shadowfigment were not related to the Personal Jesus experiment. Jeanway and I had conversed about poetry before the Personal Jesus debacle. I showed her one of my published poems and she did the same. I sent her a PM after the PJ debacle asking her if she wanted to submit her poem that she shared with me on the Writing thread that I started. She then became engraged and posted the message seen above.

Personally I do not have a problem with you Jeanway or headborg. I would simply like to part and for all of us to take our seperate ways. This argument is really getting quite out of hand. We are adults, let us act like adults.

:hug:

Edited by shadowfigment

actually none of this surprised or offended me. I expect everyone to screw me over eventually so it's really to me a matter of figuring out when.

Fen you were one of the first to interact with the PJ character... If you thought my intention was to screw you over then let me be the first to apologize.

:hug:

I actually didn't know why people would find the name Personal Jesus offensive, I thought it meant you felt like you were jesus.

Well, I was offended by the name but since I've never had any problems with you before I don't see any reason to hold a grudge.

I actually didn't know why people would find the name Personal Jesus offensive, I thought it meant you felt like you were jesus.

That's exactly what I found offensive.

Well, I was offended by the name but since I've never had any problems with you before I don't see any reason to hold a grudge.

That's exactly what I found offensive.

No, I mean I thought he meant he was his own saviour. I thought the name was actually quite poetic.

Oh ok, that makes more sense. I just find using Jesus name so lightly rather offensive. To me it's the name of God's son and my lord and savior. But like I said, I hold no grudge, got nothing against shadowfigment, so it's no biggie.

RikerChick don't forget that Jesus (Jesus pronounced: Hey-seuss) is also a rather popular latin name.

Anywho in now way did I ever state that I was Jesus, or that I was trying to become Jesus, or become my own personal saviour. I in no way, shape or form consider (or have ever considered) myself a deity or deity figure. I leave the deity stuff to the figures who can handle the "bandwitdh" of such a task.

I am glad that you hold no grudge RikerChick.

I would recomend that you all download depeche Mode's Personal Jesus video. I think that you will all get a kick out of it.

:)