Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Things My Mother Said

Whether it was good or bad, I took it. Alot of times it didn't work out so well.

One thing she always said was " If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all" Many times, when I heard her gossiping about someone, I'd say this back to her. Then I'd get " Don't do as I do, do as I say". No wonder I'm the way I am. :dude: and :dude:

MY mother never had anything nice to say

But my grandmother had pearls of wisdom like:

SHUT UP! and LISTEN for once!~

"You shouldn't lie but you don't always have to reveal everything you know."

Good advice mom

"If mom's cold everyone's cold. Put on your sweater"

:bow: I do this all the time myself now. Robert just rolls his eyes.

I'll put more as I think of it. My mom rocks :bow:

I loved my mother, don't get me wrong, but she was a bit difficult at times. One of the things she'd say to me, which I never understood, I think she just made it up, " When my eyes close, yours will open". She passed away a few years ago and I think that is what she meant. :bow: I miss my Mom.

One thing she always said was " If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all" 

Check my sig.

P.S. I'm a mother

So that's where it came from. Thumper? Who is this Mr. Thumper? :bow: I don't think I'd ever put anything she said in my Signature, unless it was really a good one. :bow:

So that's where it came from.  Thumper?  Who is this Mr. Thumper? :bow: I don't think I'd ever put anything she said in my Signature, unless it was really a good one. :bow:

Thumper is the rabbit in the Disney movie "Bambi."

Ok, this might sound really corny but it's always stuck with me. She said "Just remember whatever you do you're actions are making somebody smile. Whether it's Jehovah (or God if you prefer) or Satan is up to you." Boy I never forgot that.

Thank you mom for all the good advice. :bow:

my mother always said "there is no hand full of woman but a sea full"

Wow :bow: , that's DEEP! I like that one. Never heard that before. Meaning like it's either all or nothing, right. Was your mother from America or Europe? I think things are alot harder for kids in Europe. Harsher, might be a better word. American kids seem to be really soft. That's just my opinion, I don't want to start a riot now, or a new topic, just my obsevation. :bow:

Edited by Jeanway

The only thing that sticks in my mind was when I asked how you know you're in love? She said if you have to ask you're not.

Actually, I'm in my forties and my mom still gives me unsolicited advice. But now I just say yes mom.

The only thing that sticks in my mind was when I asked how you know you're in love?  She said if you have to ask you're not.

Actually, I'm in my forties and my mom still gives me unsolicited advice.  But now I just say yes mom.

I heard that one too but in reverse :bow:

I think some people shouldn't reproduce :bow:

Edited by Jeanway

The only thing that sticks in my mind was when I asked how you know you're in love?  She said if you have to ask you're not.

Your mother is a wise woman. :bow:

My mom took my sister and I into toy dept and there was a barbie nice and neat, still in the package and one ripped out of the package that someone had played with. She asked us which Barbie we wanted and of course we replied "the one in the box"

She than told us that is what a man wants in a wife...one new and unused.....

She was 17 with 2 kids in the mid 1950's when my dad left......she really is amazing

and we laugh about this now...... :bow:

My momma always said life is like a box o' choclates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Ok, QSMB is gonna be serious now. Things my mom has said:

-"All guys are bad, even the good ones."

-"Just think: What would Spock do?"

-"Did you remember your meds today?"

"Don't respond to this thread."

Well if that's what she told you you didn't take her advice very well.

"Don't respond to this thread."

Your mother said that? why? Is she also here on the site? Or was it supposed to be funny? :bow:

i tried not to listen to anything my mom said. dont get me wrong i love her very much, but she was and is in ways still quite sheltered from the real world. she's deaf, and went to a deaf school, and really had no life she is always asking me about things, and some things a mother and son should NEVER EVER talk about. just leave it at that. lol

i tried not to listen to anything my mom said. dont get me wrong i love her very much, but she was and is in ways still quite sheltered from the real world. she's deaf, and went to a deaf school, and really had no life she is always asking me about things, and some things a mother and son should NEVER EVER talk about. just leave it at that. lol

That's probably why you've grown up to be such a sensitve man, she did a good job with you as you did with her. :bow:

"Just be your self,dont pretend to be what your not"

Thats what my mum said to me once.