Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

Which STF members would make good captains?

-QSMB: because she's a cool rock & roll chick :grin:

-Nemisis: because he's funny, his sense of humor would keep his crew happy 24/7

-VBG: no explanation needed

-Rikerchick: because she's nice, funny, and has good taste in men

-Takara: her ship would be full of Datas, which would be all-around cool

Maybe I am alittle biased here, but I think Jim would make a good starship captain. he's got good leadership qualities, he's got no lack of bravery, and he is a very smart person.

the other person I think who would make a good Captain is VBG. he is often the voice of reason around here. things could degrade to name calling, and all sorts of ugliness, and he would remain calm, or at least pretend to be calm, and sort the situation out. if I could take the best attributes of VBG and Jim, we'd have one damned good starship captain.

Well, none of them including myself. You're too quirky, I'm too opinionated so I couldn't follow orders that I couldn't agree with, VBG and RC are both too nice to have someone die on their command, and Takara well actually she might work, except if something happened to one of her Data's :laugh:

-QSMB: because she's a cool rock & roll chick :laugh:

Well, I can't argue with any of those choices. sir-smile-dentoni.gif

Blush2.gif

I think Gotabite would be an excellent captain. She has certainly earned the respect and admiration of many people here. She's has a gift for diffusing heated situations with one post.

I could see ddillard as a captain unless there is tequilla and champagne aboard.

VBG and RC are both too nice to have someone die on their command, and Takara well actually she might work, except if something happened to one of her Data's

Hey!!! Are you implying I'm not nice!!! newangel.gif

Well, I can't argue with any of those choices. sir-smile-dentoni.gif

Blush2.gif

I think Gotabite would be an excellent captain. She has certainly earned the respect and admiration of many people here. She's has a gift for diffusing heated situations with one post.

I could see ddillard as a captain unless there is tequilla and champagne aboard.

VBG and RC are both too nice to have someone die on their command, and Takara well actually she might work, except if something happened to one of her Data's

Hey!!! Are you implying I'm not nice!!! newangel.gif

Of course I think you're nice, but you're nice with an edge. When push comes to shove you pull out your car and push back :laugh:

You're too quirky

You say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:

Of course not, you'd just be cracking jokes in serious diplomatic missions :laugh:

Wow, I'm flattered. curtsey.gif I don't think I'd make a good captain though, I'm too moody. One good bout with PMS and I'd be sitting in the captains chair with a bowl of chocolates blowing up everything in sight.

And Takara if she had a whole ship of Data's, well, we would never see her on the bridge if you get my drift. :laugh:

VBG would be a good captain. He puts up with all of us daily so I doubt anything could scare him.

Gottabite for all the reasons Takara said. mjham too.

I say VBG as captain and RC as his Number One.  :bow:  :laugh:

Hey now that I like. :lol:

Oh! I have to add Alterego. I mean he mods Kronos. Need I say more?

Edited by RikerChick

Again, I say Jim. [name edited out] and a few others would disagree, but here's my reasoning.

He has shown a tendancy to be able to pull on the emotions of people. part of being a leader is knowing how to influence the emotions of your followers. he needs some work there, but with some practice, he could very easily use this to his advantage.

He's smart. sure, he's no Einstien, and he's not exactly mathematically inclined, but his reasoning abilities are equievelent to someone with a much higher degree than the one he has.

Loyalty. I don't think anyone questions his loyalty to his friends, family, or country. this loyalty is part of what would allow Starfleet to know they can trust him with the awesome responsibility of commanding a starship. Afterall, if you have a penchant for not being loyal to your shipmates, why should you get to command them?

Bravery. as a Starship Captain, you have to make tough calls that could put you in harm's way. a Captain who is light on the bravery scale can't neccissarily be counted on to risk his own life, or the lives of those under his command, to complete a mission.

Determination. if he has a job, or sets a goal, he will see to it he gets the job done.

Now, I don't know any of the others well enough to make this kind of a breakdown of them. so this is just from my experiences in the years I've known Jim.

nobody said me :laugh: lol, no, i would be more the guy who goes out to pick up the diplomatic people and then find out it was a trap and get ripped to shreds....

LOTB the Red Shirt Ensign?

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Hmmm.....

No one suggested me..... :bow:

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :lol:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Hmmm.....

No one suggested me..... :bow:

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :lol:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Thats because you're Admiral material like VBG. :)

Actually I think dill would make a great Chief Engineer

You're too quirky

You say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:

Of course not, you'd just be cracking jokes in serious diplomatic missions :laugh:

No, I'd be the one trying to get everyone to get along, but they wouldn't and I'd get frustrated and cry and start to sing "Imagine" by John Lennon. Then everyone would mock me mercilessly. :laugh: Then I'd go to sickbay because it would be time for hypospray of anti-depressants. Then I'd start cracking jokes.

I think RC OR VBG would be cool captains!!!

But theres only one person who captains my boat..LUTHIEN MY SWEETHEART :laugh:

Edited by hangon

I wish I was as popular as VBG, RC, or Takara. I only had ONE person advocating me. but, with all due respect, I'll take this one person advocating for me then the rest of you against me. :)

Amen to everything Julie said :)

I wish I was as popular as VBG, RC, or Takara. I only had ONE person advocating me. but, with all due respect, I'll take this one person advocating for me then the rest of you against me.  :)

I haven't known Jim as long as Julie, but in the time I have known him, he's come to earn my respect and friendship and I believe he would make an awesome captain. I could not explain it any better than Julie already has. :)

:)

Jaina

couldn't follow orders that I couldn't agree with,

maybe thats what makes a good capt nemesis.. there are a lot of people on this site that would make good captains too many to name

I know! I should write a fan-fic starring us! VBG can be the captain, RC can be number 1, DrWho42 can be the resident time traveler, Takara can be the one that no one can ever find :) , LOTB can be Ensign Deadmeat, Jim can be the redshirt's rights activist, I can be the crazy girl in the corner, and Nem can be the janitor.

I know! I should write a fan-fic starring us! VBG can be the captain, RC can be number 1, DrWho42 can be the resident time traveler, Takara can be the one that no one can ever find :wow: , LOTB can be Ensign Deadmeat, Jim can be the redshirt's rights activist, I can be the crazy girl in the corner, and Nem can be the janitor.

The janitor on a self-cleaning starship? Boy I've got an easy job :wow: I would've though insane villian but ummmm no wait I go with insane villian MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :cough, hack cough: Ahem MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would agree with VBG or Alterego as Captain (maybe Alterego as First Officer?).

How about Master Q as Science Officer?

EJP,

I would have you as Chief Engineer, although you need to work on your scottish accent! :wow:

Hardcharginsarge would make a fine Security Officer. :wow:

I know! I should write a fan-fic starring us! VBG can be the captain, RC can be number 1, DrWho42 can be the resident time traveler, Takara can be the one that no one can ever find :wow: , LOTB can be Ensign Deadmeat, Jim can be the redshirt's rights activist, I can be the crazy girl in the corner, and Nem can be the janitor.

Yay! I'm going to be in a fanfic! :wow::wow::clap::clap:

Who's going to write it?

WOO HOO!!! Sounds great to me, QSMB!!! :wow: