Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Rats

Why do so many people don't like pet rats? I like the pet rats and i have three of them.

Guest Mike_Hines01

Pet rats arn't to bad, but I wouldn't keep them. As for any other rat they want shooting on site.

Well I had 2 pet mice once. One was very sweet. The other was the psycho rodent from hades and killed the nice one. That pretty much turned me off of rodent pets. :grin:

This is so funny I should come across this thread right now. I just heard on the radio about the DuPonts, coming over from France. It took them 3 months to get here. By the end of the sea voyage they had resorted to eating boiled rats, since they had run out of food. hmmm, new thread ' Rats, mmmm Good eatin" :grin:

Most people in western civilization hate rats because they carried the "black Death" plague around europe and caused the deathes of thousands of our ancestors. They also bite, and leave rat droppings everywhere and destroy anything they get n into. There's a big difference between rats and mice- rats can grow to over a foot long and have been know to kill cats, squirrels, small human babies. They are very tasty if prepared right! I like Bar-B- Que rat, and fajita rat, rat & noodle soup. Usually the biggest problem is over-cooking the rat, or boiling all the natural juice out of the meat.....it's a real art cooking good rat!

I used to have two pet rats called Poppy and Molly they were lovely. They loved to play and did all kinds of stunts like hanging walking upside down across the top of their cage. Poppy used to hate water if I tried to bath her she would jump out of the bowl onto my shoulder boy could she jump high. I know most people don't like rats and I would scream the place down if faced with a wild one, but pet rats are great fun. I really miss mine :laugh:

I like pet rats. I never had one, I only had a guinea pig when I was a child - but my grandmother hates mice and rats and she used to call my poor guinea pig a rat without a tail :laugh:

Anyway, I like rats. I would love to have a pet rat.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Rats are interesting and I am certainly not against them, though I have never had one. I like to keep an open mind about things like this.

I like all animals! I wouldn;t mind a pet rat, but my dog might want to play with it and get a little rough. This reminds of that time that she saw a field mouse and lightly touched it with her paw, and it bounced, and she touched it again, and it bounced again. The third time she touched it she got a tad too excited and smushed it. Poor mouse!

Rats r associate with vermon since they used to cause a lot of disease in the world i guess for that reason ppl dont like them

So do stray dogs and cats :laugh:

Rats r associate with vermon since they used to cause a lot of disease in the world i guess for that reason ppl dont like them

So do stray dogs and cats :laugh:

and people for that matter.