Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Which LOTR movies have you seen?

Which LOTR movies have you seen? and do you like them?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which LOTR movies have you seen? and do you like them?

• All Of Them(i like them)
    • None Of Them(i hate Them)
    • Lord Of The Rings I (like it)
    • Lord Of The Rings II (like it)
    • Lord Of The Rings III(like it)
    • All Of Them(didnt like them)
    • None Of Them(I Read the books and liked them, thats good)
    • Only Read The Books
    • Havent Read The Book, But Seen The Movie

ok, i know the choice are wierd but i thought i would make this 'cause i was watching LOTR I for the second time and i wanna see LOTR III, so i decided to make this.

LOTR RULES!

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

Saw the first 2, didn't really like them, LOTB you should see ' THE TENTH KINGDOM', not as confusing, seriously, no kidding. ;)

You could find it at the library. It's really long but it's a really good story. Very funny in parts. It's about the same style as lotr but there is some time travel involved. I think it's about 6 1/2 hrs. long. Does your library have videos? I don't know if it's on dvd or not. Did you see the two Harry Potter movies? what'd you think? If you did, that is. The 3rd Harry Potter movie will be out this summer. I hope it's ' The Order of the Phoenix'. TRUCE? ;)

I saw the first one. I was so ticked off at the ending that I vowed not to watch another one until they all came out on DVD so I could watch the entire story.

I've seen all of them and liked them immensely..I have the first 2 on DVD and am planning to buy the 3rd one as well..What a fantastic Trilogy in my opinion..Maybe I liked them so much because I've read the books a couple of times and was so looking forward to the movies.But, they did do a fantastic job with them..I didn't have a problem with how the first one ended..After all it is a Trilogy..

Guest Ktrek

I love LOTR! I read the books the first time as a teenager 32 years ago and was so happy to see them released as a movie. We have bought the Collectors edition DVDs with the extra footage and features. The Collectors editions are better than the theatrical release. The extra footage helps the movies flow better and make more sense.

Someone above mentioned "The 10th Kingdon". A friend of ours lent us their DVD copy and my wife and I watched the first hour of it because we were told that if we liked LOTR we would really enjoy it. Well, we wacthed about and hour of the 7 hours an I turned to my wife and said "Idon't know about you but I don't think I can handle another 6 hours of this show". She looked at me and said "I was just thinking the same thing! You want to watch Star Trek?" ;) So we watched Star Trek VI instead. I don't know but it just was not our cup of tea. It may be an age thing because the person who recommended it to us is in his late 20s. ;) But we just hated it!

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

I saw all three in the theater and I loved all of them....I read the

years ago and again 2 yrs ago after the first movie came out.

Awesome!

PETER JACKSON RULES!

I've seen all three of them. I liked the last one the best because Gandalf had many scenes in that movie, more than in the other two. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

LOTR great trilogy, probably the only trilogy where I’ve have liked all the movie’s on an even level.

Lets see I LOVED THEM! the Third one was kinda off topic the prolouge scared the crap out of me.

First one kicked but! I loved the prolouge because I love elves and big sheilds! MW HA HA HA

I have seen all three and did not mind them. I have read the books and was disapointed that they did not but the part in the third movie when they go back home. I was looking forward to that part and when I found out that it was not going to be in the movie I was sad. Don't get me wrong the movies were good but I really thought that when I was reading the books it felt like I was pushing to get threw as the books just had so much detail. You would think that was good but the story has to keep going. So the movies felt the same way to me to much detail.

I saw them all and loved them...

I own all the books and loved them...

I own the hobbit and the silmarillion too..

I haven't seen any of them. Not because I hate them or anything, they just don't interest me.

I just rented LOTR: The Return of the Kings. It was quite good, but I did not like it any more than the other two. In fact the first movie had a bigger impact on me, and I own it on DVD, but do not plan to buy the others. I thought the ending was excellent, especially the fact that Frodo could never recover his life....even though he finally destroyed the ring, the experience had so scarred him that he could not recover, adn left Middle Earth with the elves. Frodo and his struggle was my central focus in watching the LOTR, and I was satisfied with the ending. I enjoyed the other characters too. I have not read the trilogy.

This past sunday i FINALLY saw rotk, and i must say i think they were all VERY well made. The only issues i have with them are (1) that there was too much time in between the release of each movie and (2), that i expected smeagol's voice to be considerably lighter in tone when they showed him before he got THE RING, and his voice (as well as the rest of him) would've been corrupted by that ring. I haven't read the books yet, but thanks to Mrs,Weyoun i'm bound to (she's seriously into lotr :P).

Great films. Books are even better. Allot of people compained about the ending of the 1st movie but it's a trilogy ya know. Can't wait and hope they make the Hobbit into a movie. If you have not read the books and you liked the movies you need to read the books! I rate LOTR up with my favorite stories of all time!

We need some LOTR smilies! :oops:

I've seen all three, like Return of the King, and thought that the entire series was the most overrated thing to come out of movies since the 1920's.

I've seen all three and LOVED THEM. I have never cried during an action movie before, but when they light those beacons and call for help from Rohan I'm bawling like a baby every time! I went to see RotK at the theatre four times last winter and am now waiting for the extended version to come out on DVD.

IMO the extended versions are fantastic ... I wonder why they cut all that out? I mean the movies were already really long, what's another 30 minutes???

I'm glad they didn't put in the part about returning to the Shire ... it was very anticlimactic in the books and I think would have taken away from the movie.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of the Faramir/Eowyn story in the movies ... after she quit sniffing around Aragorn, I liked her very much!

Oh, well, I guess we all have our opinions, but I think that Peter Jackson needs to be coronated for what he did with this story ... they are the most beautifully filmed and wonderfully written screen adaptations from any book that I have ever seen. And at the age of 40, I assure you that I have just about seen it all!

It's too bad that Star Trek doesn't have someone like Peter Jackson making the ST movies ... someone who really loves and understands the franchise, someone who is a fan like the rest of us, and someone who has the $$$$ to do it the way he/she wants to do it.

Edited by gul_nodrog