Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

SpaceTigger's Log

Personal Log Stardate 31002.2255

Ok my turn at typing down my thoughts in a log entry..It sure has been a different week..Started with the storm that fried my Modem, TV and Cable system..Luckily I have a 2nd TV and I just got my cable fixed today..Course it's 1 day late..I missed Enterprise last night..I'll make sure that I watch it on Saturday. UPN broadcasts it a second time up here. Been trying not to read too many posts about the episode. It hasn't been easy to avoid them..I had an Electrician over here checking it out..Those guys aren't cheap..Luckily the problem was outside the Trailer and the Park will take care of fixing it..What a relief..Tomorrow is Friday but it's been a strange week..Feels like I've only worked half a week..It's true..I've been here trying to get my electrical problems fixed..Hopefully all my problems are behind me and thing can get back to normal..

Personal Log Stardate 31003.2012

There is always a price to be paid for taking time off from work..And I paid for it big time today. Such a busy aggravating day. I have to work tomorrow as well..These Logs of mine are going to be pretty boring for you guys to read but I will try to write some here everyday..It feels like a release for me..Does that make sense?..I'm looking forward to watching Enterprise tomorrow night..I never miss it on Wednesday but this week I didn't have a choice..Computer, TV and Electricity seem to be working good now..Things may be looking up for me..Looks like there will be a Trivia chat session tomorrow night as well..I always look forward to those..Getting cool up here..I'll be shoveling snow before I know it..!.Actually have had to put the heat on here the past couple of days. I don't like to be cold..Dipped down into the 40s overnight..

Personal Log Stardate 31004.1239

Just recieved my Enterprise A Model from Art Assylum..Awesome.! It has cool lights and sound..There is something about the shape of a Starship isn't there?..I have them all over my home..Walking into my home you can certainly tell that a Trekkie lives there...The first thing that you see is my Starfleet Parking sign next to my exercise bike in my living room...Every time my brother comes over he is amazed..Last time he asked me when I was going to get some Warp Engines strapped to the side of my Trailer and really make this a Mobile home..! :naughty: Sure..I would love to.. :P ...Let's take the USS Spacetigger out of drydock..Set a course for Vulcan.. :wub:

Personal Log Stardate 31005.0948

WOOHOO..! The RED SOX are still alive..! Great finish to last nights game..Trot Nixon hit a home run in the 11th inning to win the game for them 3-1..Actually I had to listen to most of the game on the radio at the laundrymat..But I was home in time to see the extra innings..What a finish..Won't mean anything if they don't win today..They need to force a game 5 in Oakland..Yesterday was a busy Saturday as usual running around getting everything done so I can take it easy today..And I had to work yesterday too..Like I said, busy day..I have a typical Sunday planned today..Mass at 10:30 this morning. Lunch and then Football...On Sundays I usally always watch sports and exercise..That's why I have a stationary bike in my living room..Today will be a full day of Football...

Personal Log Stardate 31006.1702

Well the Red Sox have indeed forced a game 5 in Oakland tonight..So cool..Now if they can only win 1 more time against the A's..Those Yankees are waiting for the winner..A Sox/Yankees ALCS would be so much fun..

A typical Monday in Spacetiggers life. Work was OK but you know how Mondays are..At least I didn't have to stay too late tonight..C YA..

Personal Log Stardate 31007.1855

Yahhooo..The Sox won game 5 in Oakland..!..9th inning was scary for a Sox fan..They only had a 1 run lead and the A's had the bases loaded..Edge of the seat Baseball game watching but it was fun..Talk about scary; the collision Damon and Jackson had in center field..They had to take Johnny Damon out by ambulance but the word I'm hearing tonight is that he will be OK...Another dream series with the Yankees coming up in the ALCS..It's time to Cowboy up..!. :drool:

Personal Log Stardate 31009.1148

I'm so excited today..A great Enterprise show last night, the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the first game of the ALCS and I'm buying DS9's season 5 DVDs after work..Nothing like a whole season of DS9 to look forward to..Especially since these shows are new to me..It's like a brand new Star Trek series for me..Should be great..I think 'Trials and Tribbilations' is on this season set..That should be fun to watch. The Trouble with Tribbles was always one of my favorite TOS episodes..

That was some Enterprise show last night..I liked it alot..That would have been a great Halloween episode with all those Vulcan Zombies running around..

Personal Log Stardate 31010.1822

Yahoo..The best day of the week! Friday..The weekend is finally here.It was a tough week at work..It's always a long week when there isn't a lot of work to do..Going to start watching my DS9 season 5 DVDs tonight..Just bought them last night..They should be great..Sox lost game 2 of the ALCS to the Yankees..Series all tied up now..Game 3 is tomorrow at 4;30PM in Fenway Park..Pedro pitching against Roger..Should be a great game..My parents coming over tomorrow afternoon and are going to stay and watch the game with me..It'll be good to see them..

Personal Log Stardate 31012.1426

I have just arrived aboard the USS Antares to assume my duties..Admiral Sulu himself presided over my promotion to Captain and my briefing on my first assignment aboard the Antares..Admiral Sulu was instrumental in getting me this command..What a thrill..My lifelong dream has finally been realized..Captain of a Starship..There is no better job in all of Starfleet..

Personal Log Stardate 31013.0753

Monday morning..Back to reality..I am in work on the Columbus Day Holiday. We work on what is considered these small holidays. In the end it is worth it because we get a whole week off after Christmas all holiday pay..I'm hoping that this week here at work is better than last week..It's always a long week when there isn't anything to do..

What's going on with my Red Sox? They are now down 2-1 in the ALCS..They are playing tonight and tomorrow night..I think they need to win both of these games in order to have a chance of winning the series..They need to start hitting again..Emotions certainly are running high with the players and the fans..Typical Sox/Yankees series..

Watched more of my DS9 season 5 DVDs over the weekend..Good stuff..The more DS9 I see the better I like it..It was a very good series..Would be nice if it could come back somehow in a movie..Oh well..I can dream..

My parents came down Saturday afternoon for a visit and stayed for dinner..It was nice to see them. I had them take some pics of me in my home..Each photo had me holding some Star Trek item that I've collected over the years. I have a lots of stuff!..I may post 1 or 2 of the pics on the Members Photo thread if they come out good..

Personal Log Stardate 31014.0927

Looks like this is going to be another slow week here at work. It's a good thing I have access to the internet..It helps pass the day while I'm waiting for parts to come in. I work in a Robotics Company in Massachusetts mostly assembling and Testing Power Supplies and such..There are some big changes happening here. A lot of consolidation and moving around of departments..I've made it thru several layoffs and cutbacks over the past couple of years..Most Electronics companies have been thru the same thing..

The weather is turning colder up here. dripped down into the 40s overnight..Too cold for me..I just don't like it..Course it'll get a lot colder up here..As always at this time of the year I am thinking of moving south..It's pretty much a yearly thing for me.One of these years I will actually act on it..Might be about time to update my resume and search for a job in Florida on Monster.com..I have been to Florida several times and even lived there for 2 years when I was a teen..Hmm something to consider..I always have a battle going on in my head about it..Do I sell my home and move to Florida then find a job?..Or do I find a job first then move to Florida?..Not an easy question to answer..

Red Sox tied up the ALCS last night..Pretty cool..Game 5 is on this afternoon at 4PM in Fenway Park..And then on to NY for Game 6 at least..Should be fun..

Personal Log Stardate 31014.1941

Looks like my Red Sox lost game 5 of the ALCS...-Sigh-..Their backs are really against the wall now..They need to win the next 2 in NY..It's not going to be easy that's for sure..But this is what the season has come down to..

Let's see..What went on today..It was kinda a slow day at work..But I did manage to keep myself busy thru most of the day.I picked up my pics after work..In fact I just posted a couple of them over at the members photo album thread..I've never posted my pic on the internet before..I had fun with them..Think I'll jump on the exercise bike tonight and try to work out some of my frustration and work stress..

Personal Log Stardate 31015.1237

Boy did it rain here overnight and this morning..Before I went to work I noticed that the TV Cable was out again..I'm tired of these problems. Course it always seem to happen on Wednesday when Enterprise is on.. :bow: Hopefully I'm over reacting..It'll be nice if it's all set by the time I get home..The only night when I really need my TV is Wednesday night..

A little upset about the Red Sox going down 3-2 in the ALCS to those Yankees..Obviously they need to win today or the season is over..

Personal Log Stardate 31016.0751

Woohoo..! The Red Sox won game 6 of the ALCS last night..The deciding game 7 is tonight..Once again it is a Roger vs Pedro matchup..Should be fun..Go Sox..I had to miss the end of the game because of Enterprise..But Star Trek will always win out over sports..It was a very good Enterprise episode featuring Hoshi..Linda Park did a very good job with it I think..I'm Kinda baffled as to why they are repeating the season opener next week..Oh well..I just like Enterprise so much that I want to see a new episode each week..So much wind last night while I was watching TV..I was lucky I didn't lose the power or cable while I was watching Enterprise..I'm always upset when that happens on wednesday night..After work today I am planning on picking up the newly released Star Trek V Collectors Edition DVD..I do like this movie and am anxious to see it again..

Personal Log Stardate 31017.0959

TGIF..Happy Friday..Best news that I can think of it right now..My Red Sox lost game 7 of the ALCS last night to those Yankees..I never have believed in the curse of the bambino but you know sometimes I wonder..I mean we had this game..Pedro was pitching good and had a 3 run lead into the 8th inning..Oh well, I'll focus on the great year that they had..All I can say is Go Marlins.. B)

I did pick up the newly re-released Star Trek V movie yesterday after work..Should be good. I think I'll be watching it tonight..Thank God for my Star Trek DVD collection because my cable is out on the TV again!..I'm so tired of the problems I'm having with it..They're coming out Wednesday afternoon to take care of it..If it wasn't for Enterprise I think I would cancel my cable service..I probably couldn't get UPN without the cable..I know I'm rambling on and on about this but I'm just sick of this problem..B)

Not too much else going on in my life right now..I'm glad it's Friday and am looking forward to a couple of days out of work..In fact I almost left work right after I arrived here this morning..It didn't look like I would have anything to do all day. But I have managed to keep myself busy this morning so I guess I'll stay for the rest of the day..Probably about time for me to go to my Chiropractor..It's been almost a month..My back's a little stiff this morning..

Personal Log Stardate 31019.13

Hard to believe that it is Sunday afternoon during Football season and I'm not watching a game. My TV is still out. The cable company is coming out Wednesday afternoon to take care of it. At least I'll be able to watch Football next weekend. I'm glad I have my Star Trek DVD collection. I watched Star Trek V: The Final Frontier last night. I like that movie. It's better than a lot of people seem to think..I still have most of DS9's season 5 to watch. I'm sure I'll be watching that today and tonight and possibly all the way up until my cable is fixed. Like I said I'm glad I have my Star Trek..Not too much else going on..I spent another Saturday night at the Laundrymat..I guess it had to get done but sometimes I feel that I should be going out to try to meet someone..Probably just a wierd lonely mood I've been in lately..Seems to always happen to me at this time of the year..The weather is turning colder up here and the Holidays are coming..The Holidays aren't any fun if you're alone..I'll be OK..I always am..Maybe I'll be in a better mood after I watch some Trek..Thank God for Star Trek.

Personal Log Stardate 31020.7

Monday morning..Is there anything like it? Yes, I'm back sitting at work with nothing to do again. I'll be glad to get some parts come in so I can actually earn my money..Aw well..Things will get better..Boy it was cold this morning..Had a frost on the ground and I had to warm up my car before going to work..It was all frosted over..There's no way to stop the colder weather from coming..Must be nice to live in Florida or a place like that..But I suppose if I lived there I would get tired of the warm weather all the time..I guess we huuumans are never happy..

It was an OK weekend I suppose..Watched more of DS9's 5th season last night..Man, those are some good shows..Almost totally thru season 5 now..I do miss my TV..It's supposed to be fixed Wednesday afternoon..I missed watch Football yesterday..Oh well, at least I had my Star Trek..Well, I should get going and check on my parts shortages..

Personal Log Stardate 31021.9

A slightly better start to my day. At least I have some work to do. Course what always happens when I finally get parts in to actually do some work..They need it completed right away.. :) Afterwards I'll probably be back in the same situation..But hey..That's what my job seems to be lately..It certainly isn't a dream job but it get's the bills paid and allows me to buy all my Trek stuff..

What else is going on?. Not a lot really..I feel like I'm living in isolation without a TV. Never thought I would miss watching the News everynight..But I do..The bright side is that the cable company is coming out tomorrow afternoon..So it should be fixed soon..And I may even be able to see some of the World Series and Football games this weekend..I just hope it stays fixed this time..I'll have a lot of Fall/Winter storms to get thru and I hate the thought of the cable going down each time the weather turns bad..

Personal Log Stardate 31021.18

It ended up being a very stressful day at work. A very busy day for a change..I went for days without any work to today with too much work..I know..We Huuumans are never happy.. :) My Mom called me shortly after work and she is stopping by tomorrow night..She's going to be in the area..It's be good to see her as always..I'll be leaving work a little early tomorrow anyway because the Cable company is coming by..It'll be so nice to get my TV back..I don't watch a lot but I do miss my Sports and News programs..I think I'll jump on the Exercise bike tonight and work off some work stress.. :)

Personal Log Stardate 31023.7

This is turning into the saga of spacetigger's cable TV.. :lol: ..Yes, I still have no TV reception.I'm told that I am part of a big power outage..But it's been a week..How much longer do I need to wait?..I'll give them until tomorrow night then I'm going to call my favorite cable company again..Seriously thinking about buying a small antentae for my TV this weekend to temporily use until my cable problems are fixed..Feels like I'm going back in time..But at least I'd be able to get the main channels and actually watch the News..

What was that nasty white stuff falling from the sky this morning.. :blink: ..The first snow flakes that's what it was spacetigger..!..Looks like it's started..Time to break out the winter jacket, snow shovel and ice scraper..! :lol:

Spacetigger, sounds like you have the crappiest cable provider in the nation! Make sure you keep track of how long the cable has been out so you can check your bill and make sure they prorated your fees to reflect the time you have been without service. It would not surprise me at all if they tried to pull a stunt and charge you full price, :blink: don't let em.

Personal Log Stardate 31024.7

Yes AE, I'll keep an eye on my cable bill. I certainly don't trust them. I noticed last night that I was able to see the lower numbered channels. However the reception is very bad..I'm still not happy but now I can get UPN although the picture is bad..I need to see Enterprise on Wednesday night..I'll probably call my Cable company tonight..

Very cold up here this morning..At least I think it's cold..In the low 30s...Been busy here at work the past couple of days..There has been a lot of moving around of different departments and I've been trying to learn a new product..

TGIF

Personal Log Stardate 31026.11

Well, my favorite Cable company just paid me another visit. And believe it or not this time they actually fixed the problem. There was a cable connector on the side of my trailer that was spilt open and had to be replaced. I'm glad it's fixed now but it seems to me that it should have been taken care of before. I've been without cable for a week and a half..Oh well, like I said I'm happy it's fixed. It would have been a bad scene if I missed Enterprise on Wednesday.. :laugh: And hey, I actually get to watch some football today..Yay...

Windy cold day up here. My yard is full of leaves..I'll have deal with them soon..That's always fun.. :angry:

Personal Log Stardate 31027.16

It was a pretty good day at work for a Monday. Not a lot going on there but I had enough work to keep myself busy. A very rainy day up here today but it was on the warm side for a change..High 50s..I always seem to comment on the weather during my logs. But I think it's interesting to learn what the weather is like in different parts of the country and world.

Hopefully this will be the last time I bring up my cable company!..My TV and cable are still working good. It was so nice to be able to watch Sports on a Sunday. My Patriots squeaked by again. They're record is 6-2 now. They certainly are off to a good start. I heard today that the Red Sox aren't going to resign their manager Grady Little. I saw that coming..I may check out Monday Night Football tonight..

Personal Log Stardate 31029.10

Happy Enterprise day!..That's what I consider Wednesdays to be. I wait all week for Wednesday night so I can watch my favorite TV show..And it's a new episode tonight..So cool..I'm going to try to pop into the chat room afterwards. It would be nice if several of us are there to discuss the episode..

What a rainy day up here. So much water but I'm not complaining about the weather anymore..Not with what the people of southern California are going thru..Such a tragedy..I can't remember fires being that bad out there before..I can't imagine what it's like to lose your home like that..How are they ever going to put those fires out?

Personal Log Stardate 31030.8

Going to be a slow day at work..I can just feel it..But I'll get thru it OK..Hopefully I'll be able to find something to do today.Talk about easy money!

Very good Enterprise show last night.I had looked forward to a new episode for 2 weeks. I wasn't disappointed at all..The previews look real good for next week too..Looks like T'Pol had on a Starfleet uniform..! I don't understand why but she looked real good in it..I went into the chatroom last night after I watched Enterprise..It was the same as before..Nobody was there! I kept going back in there between 9 and 10 PM Eastern time and nobody showed up..Why?..I think I'll stop going there on Wednesday nights again..What's the point?..I will be going to the Chatroom on Halloween night..That should be fun anyway..

Personal Log Stardate 31031.7

Happy Halloween and TGIF..! Once again I'm sitting here at work with nothing to do..It certainly has been a tough week to get thru..But at least today is Friday..Going to be a nice weekend up here..It's actually going to be in the 70s tomorrow..On November 1st?..Unbelievable..But it won't last that's for sure..Maybe I can get outside and rake some leaves this weekend..My new TV is being delivered tomorrow too..So that is cool..Something new to play with..Going to be in the Chat room tonight at 6PM..It will be interesting because that's right around the time that Trick or Treaters will be knocking at my door..But it should be a fun, interesting night..

Happy Halloween

Personal Log Stardate 31102.7

Halloween has now come and gone. I really didn't get that many trick or treaters this year. Every year I seem to get less than the previous year. Good session in the chat room on Halloween night. It was fun.

Yesterday certainly was a busy day for me. I had to hang around home because I didn't know what time my TV was being delivered. It was very warm outside for a November day in Massachusetts..So I took my phone outside and raked some leaves. I managed to get my whole yard done before they delivered my TV..So that was good..Course I'll have to do it again, the leaves are still falling off the trees..But that's OK..It's expected. Course then I had to assemble my TV stand and then get my TV all set up in my living room. I didn't stop and think how I was going to lift the TV onto the stand!! DUH! One of the problems with living alone is I have to do everything myself..It wasn't easy but I managed somehow..Nice TV..32" Sony Trinitron..My Trek DVDs look real good on it.

I'll have to get to the Laundrymat this morning so I can watch some Football games on my new TV.. :lol: I wasn't able to go to the Laundrymat last night..I was just too tired after all that raking and wrestling with my TV.

Personal Log Stardate 31103.9

A rainy monday in Massachusetts..Oh well. It is Monday..Watched my STTWOK DVD last night..What a big difference on this new TV of mine..The picture was so clear and of course bigger..My Patriots are on Monday Night Football tonight..They are playing in Denver I believe..That should be a good game hopefully. Good to see Miami and the Jets lose yesterday.. :grin:

Personal Log Stardate 31104.13

WooHoo..! Happiness is a Star Trek package in the mail!..Yes, my package from Star Trek:The Experience arrived today..So Cool..I now have my Starfleet Academy ring and my talking/moving Tribble!! I get so excited over Trekkie Stuff!!I may never get to 'The Experience' in person but their Website is a great place to shop..

Excellent Patriots game last night..They won in the last minute..30-26 over Denver..What a finish..They're off to a great first half of the year..So cool..Let's keep it going..