Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Star Trek Fashion

My family complains that I basically always wear the same thing and that when ever I have to buy some new clothes they are the same thing (so I’m in and out of the mall pretty quick)

And then there's me. :bow: I'm a slave to fashion, I admit it. Ever since I was 12 my sister has had the joke that I spend so much time in the mall the mannequins wave to me as I go by. :laugh:

:laugh: :) lol!

I never really care much. I just throw on whatever's comfortable (one of those boring "jeans and a t-shirt" girls - that's me :lol:)

Hmm..this has gotten somewhat off topic, but anyways

My Typical Homewear is Socks, Jeans cutoff just above the knees, and a t-shirt. Hair's usually in a ponytail.

LOL

That reminds me. My brother was in a School Play Last year(and the year before and this year ) and one of his costumes looked like some Tacky "Loud" Ferengi Clothes :wub:

KLINGON OUTFITS!!! Now that's the way to dress. Leather and long flowing robes, thick furs, studs. Great! Never dates. I tend to buy fewer expensive clothes rather than loads of cheap clothes. That way i'm always well dressed. :look:

if I don't have any where to go I'm usually in my PJs for most of the day.. :D But when I do go out I love to be in style and still have my own style... I love fashion.. I love putting outfits together and designing some of my own st/24th century ones.. :angry:

all hail Bev!! :lol:

Sweatpants and t-shirt...works for nearly every occasion...heck I wear that to work. And definately makes for good PJ's...unless it is in the dead of summer, and you don't have the A/C turned on!

tng16701.jpg

Oops! Well maybe not that last one....

hahahahahahaha! i cant stop laughing. your a funny person, tank.

im actually a fashionable guy. well in a skateboard kinda sense. im wearin blue vans skateboard shoes, fairly baggy jeans, a forum snowboard t-shirt, hockey hair, spy snowboard goggle hat, and earlier i had on my massive aviator sunglasses. thats just the style here. i think its cool. very easy going but still cool lookin. the skater fashion rocks. and it goes well with punk music. lol.

My fashion is very simple.

Cold-Jeans, T-shirt, Hoodie

Warm-shorts, T-shirt

It drives my mom crazy! I'm not sure why though because she is always complaining about how expensive clothes are and my style is really cheap. Oh well.

tng16701.jpg

im actually a fashionable guy. well in a skateboard kinda sense. im wearin blue vans skateboard shoes, fairly baggy jeans, a forum snowboard t-shirt, hockey hair, spy snowboard goggle hat, and earlier i had on my massive aviator sunglasses. thats just the style here. i think its cool. very easy going but still cool lookin. the skater fashion rocks. and it goes well with punk music. lol.

I bet you scare off all the geeks. :wow:

Oh, and what's "hockey hair"? :blink: :wow:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

im actually a fashionable guy. well in a skateboard kinda sense. im wearin blue vans skateboard shoes, fairly baggy jeans, a forum snowboard t-shirt, hockey hair, spy snowboard goggle hat, and earlier i had on my massive aviator sunglasses. thats just the style here. i think its cool.
tng16701.jpg

very easy going but still cool lookin. the skater fashion rocks. and it goes well with punk music. lol.

I bet you scare off all the geeks. :wow:

Oh, and what's "hockey hair"? :blink: :wow:

Hockey hair is that wonderful thing that happens to your hair when you remove your helmet. It's sort of like hat head but add a lot of sweat.

I can't remember is I said this already but I thought some of the "casual" clothes Bev wore were pretty bad too. I wonder if they made some of the outfits for Troi out of what was left of the material from Bev's clothes.

Well, like I said some are better than others... :blink:

But when you look at star trek fashion how do you judge it??

Do you judge it by todays standards or by your personal style??

When I look at st fashion I try not to think about how someone would look if they wore one of those outfits at the mall.. ya know..

But yea some of the outfits just weren't that good... :wow:

I've allways thought that in Trek's version of the future, instead of "name brand clothing", people had individual, taylor-made, clothing. Instead of buying jeans and a t-shirt, you'd go to the local taylor, tell him what you'd like while giving him some artistic license, then pick up your new clothes a week or so later. :blink:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Click Here

I now have some of me designs up... :wow:

BevfanK---Your dress designs are cool! :wow:

Thankyou :blink: :bow:

CJP- Thats what I think too only they could do the same thing with the replicators.. *shrugs* just a thought.. B)

I saw one of those TOS miniskirt uniforms at the Smithsonian a few years ago.  Either Americans are bigger than they were 30 years ago and they cinched those actresses into corsets - cause that thing was tiny.

I thought Archer and Trip looked pretty fine in Canamar -

Archer and Trip ALWAYS look pretty fine!!!

I never thought the women's TOS outfits were long enough to be called miniskirts.

Maybe "nanoskirts"?

BTW, I'm getting nothing but "user posted image" on everyone's pictures. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix the problem? I wanna find out what everyone's laughing at! <_<

BTW, I'm getting nothing but "user posted image" on everyone's pictures. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix the problem? I wanna find out what everyone's laughing at!  <_<

Those pics have lost the link either because the server was moved or the account hosting them has run out. I could fix all the smilies but without the pics all the smiling is about, it's a dead topic, sorry.

No problem. I'm just glad it's not a problem with my computer!

Anybody remember Jake's Clothes from Season 1 of DS9???  :laugh:

I just finished watching season 1 of DS9 amd I've seen about half way through season 2. Jake wore some daggy outfits in those episodes. What was up with Jake wearing really tight lycra?? What about that peach jumper (or sweater) that Wesley wore in season 1 of TNG - that colour seemed to be quite popular among guys back in the 80s.

I just loved Deanna's galactic cheerleader's outfit in the first episode of TNG (I'm being sarcastic) I'm glad she only wore it once, her clothing after that was much better. Some of the crew on TNG wore those funny dresses in season 1, they looked like something out of Hercules. The dress uniform wasn't much better either, it looked like a 'dress' with pants underneath.

Kes's outfits were very interesting and I liked them. They made her look cute and unique. She made a statement with her clothes, I thought because they made her an individual. I found it amusing to see Janeway wearing dresses whenever she wasn't wearing her uniform (which wasn't very often) It surprised me because I didn't think she would be a 'dress' person.

Linda

My fashion is very simple.

Cold-Jeans, T-shirt, Hoodie

Warm-shorts, T-shirt

It drives my mom crazy! I'm not sure why though because she is always complaining about how expensive clothes are and my style is really cheap.  Oh well.

Hi there :laugh:

That almost sounds like my kind of fashion. Shorts, t-shirts and mostly bare feet in summer; jeans, jumpers (or sweaters) and boots in winter. I'm a girl but I hate wearing skirts and dresses. I hate wearing shoes too - if I could I would never wear shoes at all.

I often wondered about living in the 1800s when women had to wear dresses. If I was alive back then, I would have refused to wear any kind of dress. I would have done anything in my power to find some pants and a shirt to wear. However, corsets worn under dresses, were really great for posture and the figure. I'm just glad I'm a woman living in this day and age :laugh:

Linda

I loved Julian's tight outfit he wore when he played racket ball :laugh: I'm glad O'Brien didn't wear the same outfit!! :laugh:

Some outfits were just a bit too tight, like Seven of Nine's catsuit. It left nothing to the imagination. I liked Deanna's catsuits better. Tom Paris looked kind of cute in his outfits, especially in Fair Haven. Remember when Janeway, Chakotay, Paris and Tuvok went to 20th century Earth in Future's End - Tuvok wore a hat to cover up his Vulcan ears. When they first arrived on Earth, Tuvok looked around at the clothes other people were wearing and said "We could have just worn our Starfleet uniforms"

Most of the fashion in Star Trek is sort of daggy, especially considering its the 24th century. What is up with the tight lycra suits?? Some of the kids had strange clothes too but I always liked Naomi's outfits (in Voyager).

Linda

I know what you mean (as I sit here wearing a ratty pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt) :dude:

Yeah, I get what you mean...I am sitting here in sweatpants and a baithing suit. And let's not discuss what my hair looks like now!

My family complains that I basically always wear the same thing and that when ever I have to buy some new clothes they are the same thing (so I’m in and out of the mall pretty quick)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

That sounds like me too. When I buy clothes, I do it quickly. Most of the time, I don't even try the clothes on and surprisingly, I always get the size right too. I have been told by lots of people that I should wear skirts more often. I HATE wearing skirts and dresses.

I wear the same thing most of the time aswell. Even when I go out. I won't even bother explaining why I'm still sitting at my computer in my pyjamas, when its almost midday!!!

Linda