Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Star Trek Fashion

I always thought the uniforms looked a little goofy, but have you ever noticed how many woman on TNG (not in uniform) you see wearing these brightly colored dresses with matching leggings? What's up with that? :) Wesley's girlfriend wears an orange number and frankly looks like a pumpkin. It's just not flattering.

And how about Wesley himself? That sweater with the rainbow stripes around the shoulders hurt my eyes. str.gif

And while we're at it.......

Is it just me on does Riker's "backside" look a little.....um.....lumpy in this picture. sad-smiley-024.gif

tng1.jpg

Anybody remember Jake's Clothes from Season 1 of DS9???  :bow:

I remember they were really bad. :D

i have to admit, i really kinda like the TOS fashion....its just so cool and campy! sometimes i just think..man, i would love to have that silver outfit from gamesters of triskelion in my closet....ya know, just for fun....:bow:

i have to admit, i really kinda like the TOS fashion....its just so cool and campy! sometimes i just think..man, i would love to have that silver outfit from gamesters of triskelion in my closet....ya know, just for fun....:)

Oh yeah, I remeber that one, has to be the best "Brass Bra" outfit on any of the OS episodes :bow::D

ok so who couldn't look at rikers butt!!!! haha

I always thought the the outfits were so odd.. I mean these people represent our future, they are suppose to be advanced in all areas.....I guess fashion was not one of them haha :bow:

No way Garak_girl! I loved the civilian clothing in Star Trek III (and IV). I'll admit that I really wasn't much for most of the skin tight stuff in the first few seasons of TNG and a lot of the kids got some pretty stupid looking cloths. You have to keep in mind however that this is supposed to be several hundred years in the future. If someone from 300 years ago saw what we were wearing now they would probably think it looked pretty silly too! I think that Picard got some pretty sexy cool outfits thourgh out the series though..

3305.jpg

256320.jpg

178385.jpg

tng16701.jpg

Oops! Well maybe not that last one....

I actually liked most of the clothing (except when there wasnt much of it....and I also never liked Wesleys out-of-uniform stuff. It just,...annoyed me.) And I really liked teh design of the first and second season uniforms in TNG (if only they were less tight. Actually....:wow: just kidding).

I saw one of those TOS miniskirt uniforms at the Smithsonian a few years ago. Either Americans are bigger than they were 30 years ago and they cinched those actresses into corsets - cause that thing was tiny.

I thought Archer and Trip looked pretty fine in Canamar -

No way Garak_girl! I loved the civilian clothing in Star Trek III

I love most of the clothes in SFS too, just not checov's pink outfit he's wearing when they steal the enterprise. I LOVE Sulu's outfit. The way he wore the jacket was so cool! :wow:

I never really paid that much attention to the clothing but I figured if mini skirts were still popular in the 23rd and 24th century, it couldn't be all bad.

I think the clothes are fine.. I even made a few of my own designs.. :D And theres not much to say besides the fact that the clothes are cool.. :D (to me)

all hail Bev!! :D

Some of the clothes, especially for the kids (those jumpsuits) were not the greatest. Most of Troi's clothes I liked - the dresses more than the catsuits. I liked the casual clothes in First Contact and Insurrection.

I think the clothes are fine..  I even made a few of my own designs.. :D   And theres not much to say besides the fact that the clothes are cool.. :D (to me)

Even Wesley's rainbow striped sweater though? I mean....eeks! bedlam.gif

wes.jpg

I thought those costumes in TOS - A Taste of Armageddon were a hoot - check out the men's pantlegs. This picture is the best I can do.

023_02.jpg

Personally, I like Trip in the tan, away mission uniforms rather than the blue jumpsuit.

trip_007.jpg

ok noooo!!!! I did not like Weaslys rainbow uniform... *twich* how could you think such a thing... :D some outfits are better than others...

all hail Bev!! :D

ok noooo!!!! I did not like Weaslys rainbow uniform... *twich*  how could you think such a thing... :D some outfits are better than others...

Oh good! Whew! :D

The fashions really can be hit or miss sometimes. The Soong sisters have agreed that although Data looks great in everything, this is our least favourite outfit he's been put in:

170450.jpg

Probably a majority of ST’s fashion for civilians don’t always seem that great. Of course there are some good examples, but I think overall that seems like the minority.

But I don’t know I’m not the best judge of ‘what’s the best fashion’ and of course it is in the eye of the beholder

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Probably a majority of ST’s fashion for civilians don’t always seem that great. Of course there are some good examples, but I think overall that seems like the minority.

But I don’t know I’m not the best judge of ‘what’s the best fashion’ and of course it is in the eye of the beholder

Master Q

I know what you mean (as I sit here wearing a ratty pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt) :laugh:

Master Q

I know what you mean (as I sit here wearing a ratty pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt) :laugh:

Yeah, I get what you mean...I am sitting here in sweatpants and a baithing suit. And let's not discuss what my hair looks like now!

Yeah, I get what you mean...I am sitting here in sweatpants and a baithing suit. And let's not discuss what my hair looks like now!

My family complains that I basically always wear the same thing and that when ever I have to buy some new clothes they are the same thing (so I’m in and out of the mall pretty quick)

Master Q

My family complains that I basically always wear the same thing and that when ever I have to buy some new clothes they are the same thing (so I’m in and out of the mall pretty quick)

And then there's me. :laugh: I'm a slave to fashion, I admit it. Ever since I was 12 my sister has had the joke that I spend so much time in the mall the mannequins wave to me as I go by. :laugh: