Sign in to follow this  
Goose

How do you put Music in posts?

Stardate:213117.9

I was wondering how do you add music to posts like in the "Mood of the Moment" posts some people have?I can't seem to find a feature to do so.

We use a flash program to add in the music to the threads. You can post flash but there is not a specific feature on the boards to do so.

The way I usually do it is to download the song I want, stare at the computer for about an hour trying my best to look like I know what I'm doing, and then start begging for help.

The way I usually do it is to download the song I want, stare at the computer for about an hour trying my best to look like I know what I'm doing, and then start begging for help.

That reminds me do you have the stuff together for that project I am doing for you?

oooo oooo oooo, I forgot!! I'll do that as soon as I'm done cleaning (I'm typing this in dish gloves :rolleyes: )

I was wondering how do you add music to posts like in the "Mood of the Moment" posts some people have?I can't seem to find a feature to do so.

If you have a song to post and you can't make a flash file then you can use Windows Movie Maker to turn it into a WMA file and that will also allow you to shrink the song down to about 400k or 500k.

Then you have to make a play list so it will stream over the internet. To see what a play list looks like download this one by right clicking on this link and then click "Save Target As"

http://www.startrekfans.net/music/southern.wvx

Once you have the file saved on your computer right click on it and click "Open With" and select Notepad or Word Pad from the list.

You will see a URL inside that points to where the actual song is. You need to replace that url with the url of where you uploaded the song you want to post. Once you save the WVX file then upload it and put a link to the WVX file in your posting.

ok, I'm ready to ask for help!

I've got a playlist, and I can open it with notepad, but how exactly do I post it? I don't understand... <----hopeless user. :biggrin:

If you have a song to post and you can't make a flash file then you can use Windows Movie Maker to turn it into a WMA file and that will also allow you to shrink the song down to about 400k or 500k.

Then you have to make a play list so it will stream over the internet. To see what a play list looks like download this one by right clicking on this link and then click "Save Target As"

http://www.startrekfans.net/music/southern.wvx

Once you have the file saved on your computer right click on it and click "Open With" and select Notepad or Word Pad from the list.

You will see a URL inside that points to where the actual song is. You need to replace that url with the url of where you uploaded the song you want to post. Once you save the WVX file then upload it and put a link to the WVX file in your posting.

127490[/snapback]

OK, I sort of understand. So if I right click on "Save as Target" it will go into Notepad', ok, then what about my Media Player? You said I have to update it? That's why I'm not getting sound??? I had sound at one time but when I did a "Recovery Disc" I lost it. When I try to download the 'Audio Driver' from the disc it tells me I have a 'system's error'. I have run 'scan disc' a few times to remove errors and I still can't get sound. What could be the problem? I have downloaded the Audio driver before and it worked, but now it's just being 'anery', :b-day: { is that a word?} Aunery? What's that word. You know the ones the cowboys use??? :b-day::b-day: Got any 'Cowboys' out there?????

Hello Jeanway! I'm not a cowboy, but I believe the word you are looking for is spelled "ornery". Webster's dictionary has a synonym - "cantankerous". Does that help? :P

Hello Jeanway!  I'm not a cowboy, but I believe the word you are looking for is spelled "ornery".  Webster's dictionary has a synonym -  "cantankerous".  Does that help? :)

267635[/snapback]

Ornery, ornery, ornery, yes, that does help. :) let's see, used in a sentence. UMMMM. There are some Ornery characters here tonight. :) :P :wink_kiss:

OK, VBG, Upgrade is completed. :( I'll try again. :(

Well, the past 3 hours I spent doing an upgrade. I have already lost my connection. Had about 50 pop-ups, which I didn't have before AND a Pop-Up Stopper advertisment. So this is the "Trickery" I spoke of in my other thread. :) And I still don't have sound. :( :P