Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek: Insurrection

It was also a movie filled with wonderful tranquil scenes contrasting very violent ones ( the beautiful ringed planet with beautiful landscapes and a perfectly situated village vs the violent unpredictable briar patch, and the battles above), but I really had a sense of who the Baccu were as a people.

I agree with the earlier poster who said the movie was about aging....certainly that was at least part of the theme. The other part was embodied by Picard's question to the admiral about how many people it takes before your expedient action is wrong. And he alluded to past forced migrations on Earth of smaller populations to the benefit of the larger, stronger populations.

I thought it was thorougly Trek in the fact that it dealt with the issue of forced migration.

A perfect moment in time....that's something to ponder. Staring at my African viloets in bloom, and realizing that many minutes have gone by!

I also liked the scene with "Deanna, your boobs are firming up..."

Worf and his acne....

:laugh:

I loved the idea of "a perfect moment in time" and that scene where certain aspects were "slowed down" to savor.  I also loved Geordi waiting to see his very first sunrise ever. I loved the movie.

It reminds me of the saying from my home town has, "Enjoy the moment for it my never come again." :laugh:

Edited by Odie

And why is RikerChick's avitar a glass of red wine with pancakes?

It was wine and unleavened bread. I was observing the memorial of Christ's death. Nisan 14 is a sacred day in our religion.

I didn't care for Insurrection at all ... a very poor follow-up to First Contact, IMO. Also, I totally hated that Anige woman. The whole thing about the B'aku was just so boring to me.

Data was o.k. until he hooked up with that kid (as W.C. Fields would have told him, never work with kids or animals). The boob comment and Worf's zits were just weird and not funny.

I've always been a big Picard/Crusher shipper. It annoys me that they spent a big part of the series alluding to a relationship there, and now they've totally dropped the ball.

I thought that movie was a perfect example of just how adorable Data can be.

In fact, I've always imagined that after this ordeal, Data's next order of business was to arrange a bedtime for him.:laugh: