Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek: Insurrection

A little light and fluffy, but not a bad movie. It's not my favorite, but I still rewatch it once in a while. :frusty:

I love Insurrection. There are so many good scenes in it. The beginning with Data is good, Worf claiming to be "feeling aggressive tendencies," the Picard/Worf/Data Gilbert and Sullivan performance (A British Tar), Worf informing the Son'a that Riker really would ram their ship, it just goes on and on.

A little light and fluffy, but not a bad movie. It's not my favorite, but I still rewatch it once in a while. :frusty:

I think that's why I like it. It is a nice break from normal Star Trek films and it seems to make the film more human.

Data to Worf: "Have you noticed how your boobs have started to firm up?" (Data makes hand gestures.) "Not that we care about such things in this day and age..."

I did not mind the movie had some good moments but I am sorry that manual navagation was really bad. It looked like an old joystick. The first time I watched this part I missed most of it as I was laughing so hard.

I did not mind the movie had some good moments but I am sorry that manual navagation was really bad.  It looked like an old joystick.  The first time I watched this part I missed most of it as I was laughing so hard.

It was a joystick and you were suppose to laugh. It's a running gag. ;)

I did not mind the movie had some good moments but I am sorry that manual navagation was really bad.  It looked like an old joystick.  The first time I watched this part I missed most of it as I was laughing so hard.

It was a joystick and you were suppose to laugh. It's a running gag. ;)

That was hilarious. And I didn't really think "joystick" when I saw that.

Well that gag fell quite flat for me and I know some of my friends almost walked out of the theater and won't watch the movie because of that one part.

I agree. It was a very silly thing to do. I saw this movie at the cinema and when this scene came on screen, the audience just laughed and the people sitting around me whispered how stupid it was. I almost died of embarassment.

The whole "Live For The Moment" theme behind the movie was very tiresome. After the excellent "First Contact" I had high hopes for this movie, but i was very disappointed.

But I will offer a concession and say that Insurrection was better than Nemesis

Edited by William Stryker

Well that gag fell quite flat for me and I know some of my friends almost walked out of the theater and won't watch the movie because of that one part.

I agree. It was a very silly thing to do. I saw this movie at the cinema and when this scene came on screen, the audience just laughed and the people sitting around me whispered how stupid it was. I almost died of embarassment.

I didn't think it was silly at all, I thought it was hillarrious! ;) :) I saw the movie opening night, everyone laughed and so did I. What is there to be embarrased about a gag scene?

The whole "Live For The Moment" theme behind the movie was very tiresome. After the excellent "First Contact" I had high hopes for this movie, but i was very disappointed.

Personally, I loved the "live for the moment" theme. After FIRST CONTACT, I knew this movie had to be awesome, which it was, so I wasn't disappointed at all. ;)

But I will offer a concession and say that Insurrection was better than Nemesis

I agree, but only because NEMESIS had a darker story.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

It's been a while since I've seen this movie and I remember being very disappointed in it. Insurrection and Nemesis are certainly the 2 Trek movies that are at the bottom of my list..It's been so long since I've seen Insurrection it's hard for me to express why I disliked it..Maybe i should try to watch it again!?..My response is always..Why?..When the other movies are so much better..But perhaps I'll give it another look..I should view it as a TV show not a movie..Maybe then I'll think it's OK.. ;)

The joystick was a Gravis.....I used to have one for my computer...that REALLY blew that scene for me! The least they could have done is come up with something original that would have been a "Trek" design.

Insurrection isn't my least fave movie...that title still belongs to Nemesis.

I liked INS; it's most disappointing aspect for me was that it bombed.

(The joystick was a non-issue for me, I often see everyday items in Trek and I do not mind it. In NEM Picard is using a "touch stylus" on a PADD, that stylus is actually a butane pen torch; I have a number of the same torches I use for my art.

A not so everyday and probably the most ridiculous prop since McCoy used a salt shaker as a medical device in TOS is in ST:4TVH; the main part of the device McCoy places on Checkovs head to bring him back to consciousness' is actually an impulse deck from any Enterprise [1701 refit and 1701-A] model kit.)

I liked INS; it's most disappointing aspect for me was that it bombed.

(The joystick was a non-issue for me, I often see everyday items in Trek and I do not mind it. In NEM Picard is using a "touch stylus" on a PADD, that stylus is actually a butane pen torch; I have a number of the same torches I use for my art.

A not so everyday and probably the most ridiculous prop since McCoy used a salt shaker as a medical device in TOS is in ST:4TVH; the main part of the device McCoy places on Checkovs head to bring him back to consciousness' is actually an impulse deck from any Enterprise [1701 refit and 1701-A] model kit.)

Actually, the main part is the top impulse/engineering section from a D7 movie era Klingon ship model.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Did you have to quote my entire post just to point out my error? :)

No, but I was being lazy and not editing....in a hurry....the usual.... ;)

I love for there to be humor, but mainly in dialogue; I can't say I like "gag scenes" much. That said, though, I didn't really mind the joystick other than thinking,,, "umm, Why?"

The plot was a little tiresome, I'll admit. I also didn't think the acting was top-notch (that scene with newly-shaven Riker and Data just seemed way too forced, imo). However, I'll forgive those few things. It's a good movie to just relax to, and watch the ships/special effects. I know that's not enough for some people, but it worked for me. Overall, it's an enjoyable escape from reality to watch once in a while, even though it's in my bottom 5.

Edited by Ace

To me, i think Insurrection is a movie about old age.

Because when i saw that movie, i just came to realize that they are aging. ;)

i know they are aging ofcourse, but i thought this show was ignoring that fact to show it.

"Look into the mirror, The Federation is old"

I always wondered whether the Federation will survive in their future, apparently they change their name around the 30th century.

28th they still use the name, 31st they got a monument portraying the Fedration. I wonder what name they are using now in the 31st century. :)

:laugh:

Galvatron: "We all must die sometimes."

I liked the movie, especially when they mixed in some Gilbert and Sullivan!

Hearing Worf singing "A British Tar" was awesome.

Now we just need some more song from the H.M.S. Pinafore!!

By the way, in the TNG episode "Disaster" Geordi sings some Gilbert and Sullivan.

Is Geordi the very model of a modern major general? Maybe, this could make a good poll

haha

I just watched again yesterday and its a good movie with a lot fun remarks,

I like the "Riker Manuever" comment and Worf's gorge... I personally like

a bit more space fighting scenes like in FC and NEM...but its Star Trek and I

love them all for one reason or another..... :)

i dont think that anyone really said that the fans didnt like it .... I LOVED IT.. just like nemesis had a fairly warm reception (insurrection may even have a warmer one) but it just didnt do well in the box office.. im not sure if you're getting the two confused...

I loved the idea of "a perfect moment in time" and that scene where certain aspects were "slowed down" to savor. I also loved Geordi waiting to see his very first sunrise ever. I loved the movie.

I also loved Geordi waiting to see his very first sunrise ever.

I thought the movie as a whole was so-so but that was an amazing scene. One of my all time favorites.

I'm not much of a Star Trek fan, but I really did like Insurrection! Data really stole the show, IMHO, and he was a lot of fun to watch. I liked at the end where he's playing with the kid, and one of his crew members tells him it's time to go home.