Sign in to follow this  
shinzonfan

What Would You Do...

I just thought of this question but I myself do not have an answer as of yet. I'm not sure I could answer it unless I was actually faced with it. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

That is a very tough question. I don't think I would change the course of history. To remove the mistakes of the past would condemn people of the future to live them again. I would so want to end suffering, hunger and pain in the universe.

I would love to be able to visit places that we can't even imagine at a blink of the eye. I would be afraid that in time I would get the arrogance of Q.

And last but not least, Data would LIVE!!! :blink:

That is a very tough question.  I don't think I would change the course of history.  To remove the mistakes of the past would condemn people of the future to live them again.  I would so want to end suffering, hunger and pain in the universe. 

I would love to be able to visit places that we can't even imagine at a blink of the eye.  I would be afraid that in time I would get the arrogance of Q.

And last but not least, Data would LIVE!!!  :blink:

Well, I can't really add to this since this is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Riker would forget all about Deanna and every other woman and come running to me. grinning-smiley-006.gif

That and world peace :blink:

Oh and Data! Data would never ever die! I can't believe that was Brent Spiner's idea. action-smiley-060.gif

It always comes back to data.. :blink:

Wow Thats a good question..There are so many things I would want to do..I think tho to be safe I would leave history as is..but I would like to find who was on the "grassy knoll" or where Ameila Earnheart went to and maybe just go on a battle feild somewhere to shake Abe Lincolns hand. Besides that..I would all of a sudden be incredably wealthy and my family and friends would be taken care of forever.

I would love to say that i would do very honourable things but in the end i just think that i would indulge myself until i got bored: parties, travel, lie ins, sex, etc Well... im only being honest!!! :blink:

That is a very tough question.  I don't think I would change the course of history.  To remove the mistakes of the past would condemn people of the future to live them again.  I would so want to end suffering, hunger and pain in the universe. 

I would love to be able to visit places that we can't even imagine at a blink of the eye.  I would be afraid that in time I would get the arrogance of Q.

And last but not least, Data would LIVE!!!  :blink:

If I were a Q then I do not thing I would impose world peace or an end to the things that trouble our society simply because it would take away from the challenge of life and the desire of the individual and world as a whole to better itself.

If I were Q then I think I would choose exile on the level of existance in while my fellow Q reside. If I were to involve myself in the goings on of a particular race then I think I would try to persuade and push a species in the right direction, as Q has had always done on TNG.

I think my sisters missed the obvious...we could make our own "real" Data!

It always comes back to data.. 

well of course it does...you were expecting us to just forget about him? silly person, do you understand the meaning of the word, obsessed? :blink: (just being silly, here)

But, it is true that if you change one thing, that could change so many others. maybe small things that could lead to bigger things would be ok, like helping to point someone in the right direction for a cure to cancer..Aids..and a million others. making a bullet miss here or keeping someone from falling off a tall building...little stuff. Maybe...

I think my sisters missed the obvious...we could make our own "real" Data!

It always comes back to data.. 

well of course it does...you were expecting us to just forget about him? silly person, do you understand the meaning of the word, obsessed? :blink: (just being silly, here)

But, it is true that if you change one thing, that could change so many others. maybe small things that could lead to bigger things would be ok, like helping to point someone in the right direction for a cure to cancer..Aids..and a million others. making a bullet miss here or keeping someone from falling off a tall building...little stuff. Maybe...

I think guiding a civilisation in the right direction rather than making things happen without their own involvement would be the way to go.

Good answer, Sam! Well, I guess I could create myself an android (it DOES always comeback to Data, doesn't it?) But seriously, I think I would sit back and watch...and maybe prevent any universe destroying disasters. And I'd travel around all the worlds (without affecting anything, that is), and try to learn everything and do everything.

Well what is the job of a Q?

That is the question that I must answer before I could say how I would use my “powers”

I would assume a Q’s job is to control the space time continuum and make sure all is well (unless directly interfered with . . . . like in “All Good Things”). And all of the sub categories of such a job (LOL . . . a general relativity connection) . . . .

For fun . . . time travel, exploring the universe (through a Q’s view and perception of space and time)

On another note:

I like to think of a Q as not just some magical person, but just a race that has advanced and evolved to the point where they can control space and time . . . . and therefore making them appear to us as they are some all powerful being.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I'd never run out of gummie bears (I just ate the last one). sad.gif

LOL

For me a never ending supply of Reeses peanut-butter pieces, but of course I would make sure I would not get a stomach ache

And I could not forget my favorite cake . . . .

A chess cake

Master Q

LOL

For me a never ending supply of Reeses peanut-butter pieces, but of course I would make sure I would not get a stomach ache

A chess cake

Master Q

Sugar buzzed Q's running amok through the galaxy. What an image! rofl.gif

LOL

A chess cake

Master Q

Sugar buzzed Q's running amok through the galaxy. What an image! rofl.gif

LOL

Imagine Q like that (or is he already? LOL)

Maybe one thing they should of expanded on in the show where Q becomes a human and is mortal is him adapting . . . I think that it would have been better if they expanded on that . . . . for example eating

Don’t you think?

(It popped in my mind because we are joking about sugar)

It maybe would have been a two part show, but I think it could have been pulled off and made it a lot better episode

Master Q

Maybe one thing they should of expanded on in the show where Q becomes a human and is mortal is him adapting . . . I think that it would have been better if they expanded on that . . . . for example eating

Don’t you think?

(It popped in my mind because we are joking about sugar)

It maybe would have been a two part show, but I think it could have been pulled off and made it a lot better episode

Master Q

That would've been great! I think it was wonderful that he knows now first hand what it feels like to be human. The wonderful thing about sci-fi is that you can just fill in the blanks in your mind. :o

LOL

A chess cake

Master Q

LOL! sugar-buzzed Qs, that''s great! :o

I don't think Q was supposed to be more than a really advanced life-form, but he THOUGHT of himself as a god. They even (kind of) pointed that out in Justice - any sufficiently advanced lifeform could seem like a god.

Never-ending supply of chocolate (begins drooling homer-style)...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Never-ending supply of chocolate (begins drooling homer-style)...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

23621042.jpg

Precisely! :o Where are all these Simpson pictures coming from all of a sudden? Am I missing something....?

LOL

If I were a Q.....ok thats really hard! I'd definately want to travel through time and through the universe, I'd have an ever lasting supply of candy, Data wouldn't have died, There'd world peace

umm.....yeah, let me think about that for a while- I'll get back to you with more( if i can- that question has endless possibilities)

Aside from my previous post, I would do one other thing if I had the power of Q....I would make a couple coworkers of mine disappear....Grrr they are so very annoying :bow: :) ! OK, so much for being noble like in my last post :D .

If I had the power of Q I would most likely travel all over the universe... It would be neat to see if there were other species out there....but then I think I would also like to stay one earth and make me the richest person there haha :devil:

I would cause all of the continuity problems for ENTERPRISE to Disappear and set it onto the track it should have been on from the beginning. :bow:

LOL! You could even make it so that the continuity problems stayed, but they wouldn't be continuity problems (if you know what I mean...?)....or make it so no-one would ever know....

Perfect dsbs. With the power of Q I would make it so that people would watch just to enjoy and not nitpick.

What would I do with the power of Q? That is really hard. I would never want for anything and neither would my friends or family. But as for making myself rich, Why? With the power of Q you could have anything you wanted why would you need money?

I would love to go back in time to see, without being seen, my mother, as I never really got to know her before she passed away.

Oh, and definitely infinite amounts of Reese's cups.

Well, on the fun and mischieveous side, one of the first things I would do is make sure the Yankees never have another winning season, at least until Steinbrenner dumps his ownership. On the serious side, I'm not really sure what I would do. My own prime directive philosophy might cause me to not do anything and let everything take it's natural course. I probably would travel the galaxy and observe but I don't think I would blatently use the power like three wishes from a genie. I do believe in that old saying that "Power corrupts and absolutel power corrupts absolutely." Being only human, this would be too much of a threat to myself and those around me.

My own prime directive philosophy might cause me to not do anything and let everything take it's natural course.

I'm exactly like that too. The Prime Directive is so ingrained into all of us that I wouldn't want to break it as well. :D