Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Most emotional destruction of a ship?

What was the most emotional destruction of a ship?

For me, it has to be the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D in Star Trek: Generations. The crew have lived on this ship for 8 years. Thanks to a battle with an old Klingon Bird of Prey, the Enterprise prevailed, only for LaForge to discover a coolant leak resulting in an immenant warp core breach that he couldn't stop. We then see the dramatic evacuation of crew and civilians to the saucer section, lead by Geordi LaForge who even carried a child in a last ditch effort to get everyone off! :dude: Meanwhile, Riker gives orders to save the crew. Deanna heads the evacuation from the helm while Data heads saucer seperation from OPS. Once Geordi reports the complete evacuation, Riker orders saucer seperation! :) They did it, it looks as though they're off to safety. BOOM! :rofl: The battle section explodes in a fury of fire and debry as the saucer section is knocked out of orbit with the computer screaming out damage reports. Riker orders, "Report!" Deanna answers, "Helm controls are off-line!" Data sees the planet below filling the viewscreen as he excliams, "Oh, sh**!" We see the tremendous saucer roar from the clouds, flying at extreme speed over a valley. Riker orders, "All hands, brace for impact!" The saucer plows against a mountain side! Again, the Enterprise scrapes some rocks! CRASH, the Enterprise plows into the valley, forcing the nose upward, throwing everyone forward, crashing into the floor. Fire spreads, consoles explore, fire roars, children scream, as the saucer tears and slides through the valley, nothing stopping the Enterprise's path of destruction! Finally, after a horrific landing, the Enterprise comes to a rest, flinging everyone and everything inside forward at high speed. When Commander Riker comes to, he discovers light... only to discover that the light comes from the broken window at the cielling of the bridge.

Yes, there are other emotional ship destructions, but for me, this is the most emotional.

What's yours? Feel free to chose one from an alternate timeline episode if desired. :rofl:

Ditto on the D..I cried and cried. That was my ship. I grew up wacthing the show and getting into the lives of the crew.I just can't beleive that they replaced it with the E (ugly peice of crap)

My dad cried for the A in St:3 because he grew up during that show

Either the destruction of the USS Defiant in DS9, or also in DS9 was the flashback to Wolf 359, when we saw the Saratoga destroyed.

Yeah, the destruction of the Saratoga in "Emissary" was pretty powerful stuff, I almost cried when Sisko had to leave his dead wife. :dude:

Ditto on the D..I cried and cried. That was my ship. I grew up wacthing the show and getting into the lives of the crew.I just can't beleive that they replaced it with the E (ugly peice of crap)

Yeah, I was more in total shock when they actually blew it up! :dude: I was hoping the ship would last at least 2 movies, but I think it was worth it for the story telling and to introduce the Ent-E. Personally, I like both ships equally, they both have something awesome to offer.

As for ST-3, that was the original Enterprise that was destroyed, not the Ent-A. :)

As much as I love TNG, The original Enterprise going down still seriously makes me cry. :dude:

Kirk: My God, Bones, what have I done?

McCoy: What you had to do. What you always do. Turned death into a fighting chance to live.

The Search for Spock

Yeah, I was more in total shock when they actually blew it up! :dude: I was hoping the ship would last at least 2 movies, but I think it was worth it for the story telling and to introduce the Ent-E. Personally, I like both ships equally, they both have something awesome to offer.

Thats right i meant the introduction of the A because the 1701 was destroyed (my mistake)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

I would say that for me the most emotional destruction of a ship had to be in Star Trek III,The Search for Spock.The way they showed the Original Enterprise falling through the sky really got to me. Although,it had to be to destroy Khan.Kirk made the right choice!

I would say that for me the most emotional destruction of a ship had to be in Star Trek III,The Search for Spock.The way they showed the Original Enterprise falling through the sky really got to me. Although,it had to be to destroy Khan.Kirk made the right choice!

Do you mean Captain Kruge?

Guest Mike_Hines01

For me it would have to be a tie beween the destruction of the Enterprise D and the Defiant.

For Me...The U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205. I Loved That Ship. It Was Awsome. It's My Favorite Star Trek Ship, Period.

When The Breen Weapon Hit It, I Though "Oh They'll Be Ok." Then As The Ship Got Worse...I Still Thought They'd Be Ok....Then Sisko Ordered Everyone To Abandon Ship...That Got Me Worried...And Even As I Watched The Ship Blowing Up, I Couldn't Believe Was I Was Seeing :dude:

When Commercial Came Up...Man...I Can't Even Remember What I Was Doing... :)

U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205

2371-2375

May She Rest In Peace

Guest Mike_Hines01

Don't you mean Rest In Pieces. :dude:

Sorry, I had to say that.

Though the destruction of the D and E were both emotional, I'd also want to add the destruction of the replicate Voyager in "Course Oblivion". I honestly, even until the final moments, did not expect that the entire crew and the ship itself would be lost without being able to pass on anything about their lives and all their research.

The most emotional for me, however, was the destruction at Wolf 359. I know we didn't get to see it in much detail (the TNG part), but almost no other Trek scene gets a reaction outta me like the Graveyard scene in "TBoBW".

*gasps* The E destroyed? Huh? :rofl: Don't shock me that way!!! :dude:

I have to agree with CJLP here. The destruction of the Enterprise D is the most emotional one for me. *sighs* The Captain wasn't aboard when it was destroyed. What a shock that must have been to him, to get to know that when he leaves the Enterprise for a few hours, Riker and the others (--> TROI!!!!) manage to blow it up ( :) ). Sorry. I had to say that. :rofl:

Now, seriously. I'm sure he was very, very, very sad when he heard that "his" ship had been destroyed. So was I.

Mrs. Captain Picard :rofl:

I would have to say "ALL of them"...:dude:

In FC where Picard has the confruntation with Lilly and Picard loses it and smashes the display case.

Yes.. Yes I know that they are only modles but it is sill one hell of an Emotionl scene :)

"You broke your little ships"

but then which emotion do you wan't

in All good things when the Enterprise D refit de-clokes and destroyed the Klingon ship that was just "WOW!!!!" that scene was just Joy Joy Joy.

but the one that made my cry the most was in Generations the Elurian ship cought in the nexus when Scotty reads the death toll.

Edited by Abakai2003

Guest -*Counselor Troi*-

yes,it was indeed Kruge who helped destroy the original Enterprise,along with Kirk's self-destruct command!

When Kirk had to destroy the original enterprise i cried,right up to the last moment i thought no he won't do it there will be another solution.. :dude: . Then when the D went down i was in pieces Picard's nephew had died, Kirk was killed and we lost the Enterprise (again) Generations depressess me so much i've only watched it twice :)

For me it was when Kirk destroyed the original Enterprise in Star Trek III..I couldn't believe it was really happening..Kirk had bluffed doing that during the series but always found a way out of it..Not this time..

Inquire: Movies after the Series Right? for some WEIRD reason i thought the movies where before the series lol :dude:

The First 6 Star Trek Movies (1979-1991) Were Based On The Late 1960s Show Star Trek (1966-1969):)

THE MOST EMOTIONAL DESTRUCTION OF A,

SHIP HAS TO BE THE ENTERPRISE IN,

STARTREK 3 THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK!!!!!!!

:dude: :) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As much as I love TNG, The original Enterprise going down still seriously makes me cry. :dude:

Kirk: My God, Bones, what have I done?

McCoy: What you had to do. What you always do. Turned death into a fighting chance to live.

The Search for Spock

I'm glad Kirk was able to take some of those Klingon bastards with it. It did go down with honor. Long live the ENTERPRISE! :)

I'd have to go along with the destruction of the Ent-D at the hands of a rustbucket bird of prey.

Although, for some reason, I was quite upset when the USS Majestic and the USS Sitak were semi-destroyed in Sacrifice of Angels.