Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Chat Room Moderators

I'm pleased to announce that ddillard has appointed a couple of our board members to be Chat Room Moderators. These moderators will help in keeping spammers out and making sure that no one is being attacked by other members.

Everyone help me in congratulating trekzone and bonez88.

Cool Beans, dudes. Congrats on the promotion, and happy hunting (that is, Spammer hunting. who'd have thought of hunting Spam in the first place? isn't spam already...Okay, I'll shut up)

I went to the chatroom, and they're talking about french kissing, touching each other's somethings, and so forth... :bow: Why are the MODS not doing their jobs? If they are simply unavailble, then I recommend Indy as an addition to the Chat MODS.

Oh, and now they're simming sex... ;)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I went to the chatroom, and they're talking about french kissing, touching each other's somethings, and so forth... :bow: Why are the MODS not doing their jobs?  If they are simply unavailble, then I recommend Indy as an addition to the Chat MODS.

Keep in mind that the chat room is open 24 hours but there are only a few Mods. We can't always be in the room at all times.

I went to the chatroom, and they're talking about french kissing, touching each other's somethings, and so forth... :bow: Why are the MODS not doing their jobs?  If they are simply unavailble, then I recommend Indy as an addition to the Chat MODS.

Keep in mind that the chat room is open 24 hours but there are only a few Mods. We can't always be in the room at all times.

Well, the time I will be coming to the chatroom is at 12 pm EST and 10pm-12am EST on any given day. If the room is not being moderrated at those times, then I won't be going back. Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that I'm busy, those are my 2 internet times of the day, and I don't like seeing sex-sims when I enter the room.

Congrats to the new mods although it looks like you have your work cut out for you.

CJLP, apparently people don't go to chat rooms to have intellectual discussions or at least I've never seen one that did. However, entering a conversation and demanding that everyone stop their conversation to accomodate you is also rude. It's rude in the physical world and rude in the cyber world

A few times after trivia we've had ST related chats or even just normal conversation chats and I've enjoyed them.

Unfortunately, I can't go to the ENT chat because they hold it before ENT airs where I live

In general I tend to avoid chats because I don't like to be BORED.......

Captain Picard, No "Sex-Sims" Have ever gone on, except in PMland. i never have done this, but i know that thats were it happens.

Unicorn, You Are Right.

Captain, Please Dont Be Ignorant of other peoples views/opinions

MISTER T

:cool:

Captain Picard, No "Sex-Sims" Have ever gone on, except in PMland.

Sorry to disagree, but that's simply not true, as I witnessed one yesterday, even after urging the participants to retreat to PM land.

At the very least, this rule was violated:

* Please keep in mind that some of the users may be underage, so try to keep the conversation appropriate for their presence.

Additionally, in the Terms of Service, you will find this comment:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this message board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Thankfully, a mod handled the situation.

TUH, with all due respect, what you are referring to was definitely not the situation that I experienced yesterday.

Edited by Indy

TUH, with all due respect, what you are referring to was definitely not the situation that I experienced yesterday.

I don't know exactly what part of my post you are referring to so it is difficult to respond.

CJLP, apparently people don't go to chat rooms to have intellectual discussions or at least I've never seen one that did. However, entering a conversation and demanding that everyone stop their conversation to accomodate you is also rude.  It's rude in the physical world and rude in the cyber world

I wasn't demanding that everyons stop their conversation, I was demanding that they not violate the terms of use.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

But, let's get back on topic. CONGRATS to the new CHATROOM MODS!!! Edited by Indy

I went to the chatroom, and they're talking about french kissing, touching each other's somethings, and so forth... :blink: Why are the MODS not doing their jobs?  If they are simply unavailble, then I recommend Indy as an addition to the Chat MODS.

Oh, and now they're simming sex... :blink:

Well, the time I will be coming to the chatroom is at 12 pm EST and 10pm-12am EST on any given day. If the room is not being moderrated at those times, then I won't be going back. Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that I'm busy, those are my 2 internet times of the day, and I don't like seeing sex-sims when I enter the room.

Captain, you PM me or Ddillard, or VBG or ANY MOD with the user that has been offending and appropriate action will be taken.

now, all i need is a training session.

Saddle Up...Lock and Load

First off I want to congatulate Trekzone and Bones88 on joining the chat mod team. I have every faith in their abilities and look forward to working with them.

I agree. I do ask that everyone keep in mind that all of the MODS here either on the boards or in the chat room are volunteers, meaning that they are volunteering their time to perform their duties here and do not receive any compensation, other than that of knowing that we are working to keep a good community here at STF.NET.

If something happens in there that offends you PM a mod, don't post it on the board please.

I agree completely, if something is happening in chat please contact a mod rather than posting in an open forum or trying to deal with the issue yourself. There are a couple of reasons for this, but the biggest one is that we may not always see the thread in time to do anything to address the issue properly.

Again I want to congratulate TZ and B88. I also want to take the time to thank all of the MODS for volunteering their time to make this one of in not the best trek site on the web.

Hey everyone. Thanks for the congrats. It is very much appreciated. I have been and will continue to do my best to keep the chat as fun and clean as possible just as trekzone and the board MODS will be. And I hate to bring up the subject again but as for CJLP's comment, I am afraid that I cannot promise that there will always be a MOD in the chat room by someone elses schedule, but I do hope that there will be at least one MOD or chat MOD in the room at all times. If there ever is a problem in the chat room when we are not present then try to help us to help you by PMing us so it can get taken care of ASAP because I know I won't always find a complained posted on the board.

And I hate to bring up the subject again but as for CJLP's comment, I am afraid that I cannot promise that there will always be a MOD in the chat room by someone elses schedule, but I do hope that there will be at least one MOD or chat MOD in the room at all times.

I wouldn't expect a MOD to be in there at all times nor when I, specifically, am in there, however, I would recommend that their me a schedule for the moderrators so we know when it's safe to chat and when it will be occupied by chaos.

And I hate to bring up the subject again but as for CJLP's comment, I am afraid that I cannot promise that there will always be a MOD in the chat room by someone elses schedule, but I do hope that there will be at least one MOD or chat MOD in the room at all times.

I wouldn't expect a MOD to be in there at all times nor when I, specifically, am in there, however, I would recommend that their me a schedule for the moderrators so we know when it's safe to chat and when it will be occupied by chaos.

It is not possible or feasible for us to put up a schedule of when the mods are going to be in the room as we all have other things going on in our lives as well. As for what happens when we are not in there, the room is logged and I personally spend about three hours a night reading everything that has happened during the day in the chat room and I deal with it as is appropriate.

agreed that things do, at times, get out of hand, but some of the new members do not even know the board is Moded. I personally have too much going on of late to mod the chat much, so i feel it is the duty of non-mods help and report any member if they break the rules. If you don't want to be part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Well, maybe the problem was that the chat was open to the public, thus the sickos came in? I've been told that this has changed, and if so, it would solve the problem. I'll be in the chat tonight after ENT at 11:30 PM EST if anyone wants to chat. :blink:

Lessa and Dilll have said it. Id like to add, it is modded all the time by different responsible members all the time - when im in there - im modding....when VBG is in there hes modding, but when you are in there, you will mod....or something like that.

you wont have the power to boot, but you have the power to use a pen and paper to write down names and then PM a mod, thats what i recommend all of you to make our jobs that little bit easier.

Edited by trekzone

PMing a mod is not always necessary. Use the parachat console to page a mod first, if no response then use a pm. I've been paged before by a chatter using this method when I was not even in the room.