Sign in to follow this  

Fast food commercials

Have you ever gone out to a fast food joint just because you saw a commercial?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever gone out to a fast food joint just because you saw a commercial?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • If you want a burger, you know where the fast food joints are?

I'm tired of these fast food commercials trying to make their food sound like its something new. Also, the ones that make their food as a better choice than a real meal? I could list at least 50 commercials that do that.

I dont need a commercial to tell me about fast food. If I want an overcooked pile of grease, I know where the resturants are, and I'll go get one.

This is what I have to say to these resturants...Wendy's, Its NOT better there!!! MacDonalds...I'm HATING it!!...Burger King...I will have it MY way...somewhere else!!...Taco Bell...Make a run for the border...if there's no Taco Bell there!! Krystal...There are times when only the great taste of Krystal will do...When I want to have 3 alarm heartburn JUST FOR FUN!!...and last but not least, Hardees....How the last place you'd ever go for a burger, WILL STAY THE LAST!!!!

Now that I have that off my chest, didnt Spike TV run "All Good Things" last week as well as this week?

ATTENTION MODERATORS!

I dont know what I did wrong on the poll. There are supposed to be 3 choices.

Yes, No, and the last one. Will you please fix it? lol I feel stupid.

Sorry about that

ATTENTION MODERATORS!

Sorry about that

Don't feel stupid. Next time, use the "enter" key to put each choise on a new line. Don't worry, just about every member made this mistake with their first post, present company included. :blink:

Until the poll is fixed, I'll share my view. I think fast food is a leading factor in American obesity. Sure, getting Taco Bell on the way to the movies is cool, but to make fast food a "meal" on a regular basis is a bad habit. The way I see it, fast food is OK, as long as you counter-act it with healthy food and physical activity. Personally, I'm not a fast food person, I just like Taco Bell and McDonalds and usually only get them when I go to the movies or Media Play. :lol:

ATTENTION MODERATORS!

Sorry about that

ok. its edited. no need to feel stupid. everybody makes mistakes. :blink:

anyways, no, fast food commercials dont work. no matter how often they put on an add for wendys or taco bell, im never going to eat there because i hate it. when im hungry, i just go for a whopper at bk. now thats a great burger.

I voted yes, I will go for the Happy Meal Toys or the Collector glasses. Although I never saw a commercial for McDonald's last run with the Madame Alexander dolls. I found out about it through ebay of all things.

I prefer Wendy's or Subway of all the fast food -

If I see a commercial for Burger King, I ignore it. If I see one for Mc Donald's, I pack my bags and get there immediately B)

So, I know where to find my burgers. B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

The commercials do have an effect on me as most of my meals are fast food due to time constraints and the work schedule that I have. So we usually send someone out to get food and bring it back for all of us. I will usually make my request based off of a new sandwich that I have seen on a commercial that sounds good and I want to try. But for me it is done that way because I do not always know what is on the menus and their prices for alot of items as I do not usually get to make the food run.

The commercials do have an effect on me as most of my meals are fast food due to time constraints and the work schedule that I have.  So we usually send someone out to get food and bring it back for all of us.  I will usually make my request based off of a new sandwich that I have seen on a commercial that sounds good and I want to try.  But for me it is done that way because I do not always know what is on the menus and their prices for alot of items as I do not usually get to make the food run.

Hamburger chains probably don't have menus but other sub shops etc do. In most offices I've worked in we keep a file of menus from nearby joints - maybe whoever runs out can start picking up menus

The commercials do have an effect on me as most of my meals are fast food due to time constraints and the work schedule that I have.  So we usually send someone out to get food and bring it back for all of us.  I will usually make my request based off of a new sandwich that I have seen on a commercial that sounds good and I want to try.  But for me it is done that way because I do not always know what is on the menus and their prices for alot of items as I do not usually get to make the food run.

Hamburger chains probably don't have menus but other sub shops etc do. In most offices I've worked in we keep a file of menus from nearby joints - maybe whoever runs out can start picking up menus

Well, I work in a call center so we really don't have much of anywhere to put the menus, and most of the places we send out for don't have them cause it is usually burger joints, cause they are cheap.

NO..I very, very rarely eat fast food. Sorry, but I consider it very bad for you. It is JUNK food..I'm amazed at how many people still eat that stuff. It's very unhealthy in my opinion..

NO..I very, very rarely eat fast food. Sorry, but I consider it very bad for you. It is JUNK food..I'm amazed at how many people still eat that stuff. It's very unhealthy in my opinion..

I completely agree, but I don't see any harm in getting it once in a while. To me, fast food is like candy, eat few, rare, and relish.

I completely agree, but I don't see any harm in getting it once in a while. To me, fast food is like candy, eat few, rare, and relish.

Yes, I'll agree that there is nothing wrong with fast food occasionally..I just feel that it's bad on a regular basis..It's not for me..I've worked hard over the past year to get my cholesterol and weight under control. So, I will only eat like that very, very rarely..

I think fast food is a leading factor in American obesity.

It's funny that you should mention that in that way. Studies have shown that fast food does not cause obesity. It may contribute to obesity, because of the ingredients used, but it is not a direct cause.

Each individual metastases food differently. This is due to the individual's genes. Metabolism has a huge contributing factor to obesity. Again, it's how the food is stored and used in the body. Unused food is stored as fat, and if it isn't burned off during activity, it stays.

I have a friend that is 100 pounds overweight, and I am 5 pounds underweight. I can eat all of the junk food out there and never gain an ounce. He, on the other hand, has to diet and stay away from junk foods, and he still gains weight. He and I work in the same place, and he is more active than I am. He works out in a gym, I don't.

Blaming fast food on all of the ills of obese people is simply silly. Blaming the individual for being obese is also silly. Some people just can't help it, no matter what they do.

I think fast food is a leading factor in American obesity.

It's funny that you should mention that in that way. Studies have shown that fast food does not cause obesity. It may contribute to obesity, because of the ingredients used, but it is not a direct cause.

Each individual metastases food differently. This is due to the individual's genes. Metabolism has a huge contributing factor to obesity. Again, it's how the food is stored and used in the body. Unused food is stored as fat, and if it isn't burned off during activity, it stays.

I have a friend that is 100 pounds overweight, and I am 5 pounds underweight. I can eat all of the junk food out there and never gain an ounce. He, on the other hand, has to diet and stay away from junk foods, and he still gains weight. He and I work in the same place, and he is more active than I am. He works out in a gym, I don't.

Blaming fast food on all of the ills of obese people is simply silly. Blaming the individual for being obese is also silly. Some people just can't help it, no matter what they do.

I can sympathize with you and your friend. My roomate can eat anything and still look almost anerexit (sp?) but if I could run 50 miles then look at a chocolate bar and gain ten pounds.

O.K. YES!!! They suck me in everyonce in a while. I'm not a poser that tries to present themselves as above temptation. The Arby's Itallian Provolones are great, Mcdonalds is by far the best. (Fish sandwich), Taco Bell burrito grande sends me. Subeway...i'd eat there every day. I eat fast food and i love it!!! I don't want my last meal to be jello. :dude:

Yes, I will watch television and a Papa John's Pizza commerical will come on and immediately I would want a pizza. I know it is weird but sometimes you just have to give into the silly commericals. I don't go to the extreme were I need a slice every day or every other day or every week. I can go a month without having a slice of pizza,even longer.

If I seem to go on forever it is because I am listening to The Police CD called Every Breath You Take while I type this. :(

I voted yes,  I will go for the Happy Meal Toys or the Collector glasses.  Although I never saw a commercial for McDonald's last run with the Madame Alexander dolls.  I found out about it through ebay of all things.

I prefer Wendy's or Subway of all the fast food -

I too am a collector. So there are instances where I will go to fast food joints just to pick up the toy, ornament, glass, etc. I really don't eat much fast food. So the commercials don't get my attention unless there's a collectible involved.

I was 16 when this topic was started, I'm 23 now, this is a true net fossil.. anything new to say?

I eat what I want when I want, I don't watch ads since I have Sky+..