Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Time Travel on ENT

Do you like time travel on ENT?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like time travel on ENT?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Personally, I love the TCW! I also love time travel episodes in general. What baffles me, is that some people gave "Carpenter Street" a 6 automatically, becuase time travel is involved. If you don't like time travel, how come? I'm currious. :lol:

I haven't seen Carpenter Street yet, but I have always enjoyed time travel episodes. Some of my favorite episodes from all the series are time travel stories.

I can't respond to this poll because I do like stand-alone time travel episodes. And as I said in the carpenter street thread it's the TCW I don't care for ... so if you had asked, "Do you like the TCW", I could have answered no.

As with any TV show, I want to be able to watch it casually. I don't like missing a few episodes then being lost the rest of the season. This is why I liked TOS so well, you always knew what was going on even if you missed an episode or two because you enjoyed a night out instead. And yes, of course I know about VCR's and such, but what if I simply just want to skip it?

Stardate:213907.6

I love Time Travel episodes they have always been my favorite.

Well because its a time travel episode it automaticly gets a 6.

What I meant CJLP is that it automaticly starts out at a 6 instead of a 0 meanings it gets a head start

Edited by Goose

I voted that I don't care because it's not really a 'yes' or 'no' question for me. I like well written time travel. To use TOS as an example I thought that City on the Edge of Forever was a great well written time tavel episode however Tomorrows Yesterday was really weak.

I will say that so far I've loved all of the time travel in Enterprise up to this point.

I haven't seen Carpenter Street yet, but I have always enjoyed time travel episodes.  Some of my favorite episodes from all the series are time travel stories.

Ditto

I am the first "no"! I'm surprised that I myself said the "no". To be clear, I DO like the TCW. But I consider that to be a plot, not time travel. It is the actual time travel that bothers me. "Carpenter Street" didn't live up to my expectations for a time travel episode to the past of Earth. This is just a small gripe. What I dislike most is "Shockwave". There were things about the episode that didn't make sense. (and time travel episodes normally make sense to me) It was quite possibly the most dissapointing Enterprise episode, and the worst cliffhanger/season opener of Trek. While, I did the TCW because it creates interesting problems like the Xindi, the actual time travel episodes themselves have been lacking. In previous Trek, they have always been great. If the poll question had been, do you like the TCW I would have said "yes"!

I have always liked time travel episodes..I have no problem with them in the ENT series. Just because time travel wasn't around until TOS really means nothing to me. As far as i am concerned there are no rules where time travel is concerned.

1) Dont distrupt the timeline

2) Dont watch the superbowl

3) Dont get distracted by women

4) Dont forget to go home!

I enjoy the time travel episodes myself. I just get concerned if there are to many of them as time travel should not be a common occurance.

JCLP, you said there are basic rules to time travel. That is true, but Star Trek constantly jumps from one rule set to a contradicting rule set if it serves the purpose of an episode. If you look at the time there were two Picards it was said that Picard was all wierd cause there were 2. How come that doesn't happen in other episodes? This is just one example. There are many others. I can overlook these inconsistancies for a few good episodes, but if they ever make a series about time travel I would be very concerned.

The question should be, do you like time travel in any Trek series?

Why didn't Kirk kill a juvenile Khan in "The Voyage Home"?

Why doesn't Sisco try and stop WWIII in "Deep Space Nine"?

(Most Importantlly) Why can't the writers decide on an official Star Trek time line, similar to the Dune series.

Why? Because Star Trek is the combined effort of hundreds (maybe thousands) of people, all of whom want to tell the story in there own way. I think this is Treks greatest strength.

It is what keeps me glued to the TV every Wednesday night, and makes me get my lazy butt to the library several times a week.

I like the way Diane Duane has the Vulcans meeting Humans in "Spock's World" better than the official version al la "First Contact", but it is an unspoken rule that if it's in a movie or series it is "official". And the whole series depends on "First Conatact" as a reference.

JCLP, you said there are basic rules to time travel.  That is true, but Star Trek constantly jumps from one rule set to a contradicting rule set if it serves the purpose of an episode.  If you look at the time there were two Picards it was said that Picard was all wierd cause there were 2.  How come that doesn't happen in other episodes?  This is just one example.  There are many others.  I can overlook these inconsistancies for a few good episodes, but if they ever make a series about time travel I would be very concerned.

If they do a "time travel" series, they'll just have to pick which set of rules works best. ;)

The question should be, do you like time travel in any Trek series? 

Why didn't Kirk kill a juvenile Khan in "The Voyage Home"?

Why doesn't Sisco try and stop WWIII in "Deep Space Nine"?

Simple, the timeline would be thrown out of wack. If Sisko prevented World War III, Cochrane may have never invented warp drive, and Starfleet and the Federation may have never existed. Ya can't just muddle with the timeline, as the results would be disastrous.

Yeah I like TT episodes in all Trek, I also like the fact they do NOT simply follow one set of TT rules (or laws) but explore ALL possible options. IDIC comes to mind.

I think that debating about time travel is just as meritous as debating about leprachauns: it doesnt exist and until it has been proven, tested, etc etc then there is no point postulating what is right and wrong. I like 'time travel' episodes purely because they give a fresh perspective on a given. I dont think that it is over used on Trek because, as the Traveller said on Tng, time space and thought are all one so time may be just as big a thing as space is... if you know what i mean!!! Exploring time may be like exploring space! Maybe that is what Enterprise is discovering: time as a sort of newer frontier. Anyway, i jabber!

I think that debating about time travel is just as meritous as debating about leprachauns: it doesnt exist and until it has been proven, tested, etc etc then there is no point postulating what is right and wrong. I like 'time travel' episodes purely because they give a fresh perspective on a given. I dont think that it is over used on Trek because, as the Traveller said on Tng, time space and thought are all one so time may be just as big a thing as space is... if you know what i mean!!! Exploring time may be like exploring space! Maybe that is what Enterprise is discovering: time as a sort of newer frontier. Anyway, i jabber!

Time travel doesn't exist? Untill it's proven one way or another, I'd like to think that it does. Postulating what is right or wrong in time travel is half the fun! :dude: As for saying time could be a new frontier like space, that idea rocks! :dude:

Please, tell me if I am wrong. But isn't it true that in theory if you travel the speed of light, time will stand still?

If the earth would circle faster, then time would go slower. Then, theoretically, if we find a way to travel faster then the speed of light, time should go backwards..

Just something I have read about..

By the way, time travel episodes rock!