Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Relationships you wanted to see happen...

Are there any romantic relationships that you wanted to see but didn't? If so, what do you imagine happens after we last see them?

For me, here's what I would have liked to see:

Picard / Crusher - I was hoping Captain Picard and Doctor Crusher would get together in the movies. Instead, they got Riker and Troi back together, which rocked. I like to imagine that Picard and Crusher become a couple after Nemesis. ;)

Janeway / Chakotay - I knew, becuase of the Captain/Executive Officer situation, they couldn't become a couple untill they returned to the Alpha Quadrant. I was hoping this would happen then or in the final episodes. Durring the final episodes, rumors flew about Chakotay/Seven, but I really wanted to see Janeway/Chakotay. Sigh... Looks like Seven assimilated Chakotay into dating and falling in love with her! :grin: Ah well. Since Admiral Janeway from the future changed history so Voyager would be going home 16 years earlier than before, perhaps Chakotay/Janeway could still happen?

James Kirk and Janice Rand

Interresting. I don't think I could see them as a couple, but then again, this is Kirk we're talking about. He'd probably date anyone. ;)

Christine Chapel and Spock

I haven't seen much of TOS. Did they have any chemestry together?

Picard and Dr.Crusher

Agreed! :grin:

William Riker and Ro Laren

Wasn't Ro Laren only in a few episodes? I thought they couldn't stand each other...

Bashir and Jadzia Dax

Yeah, I was hoping for this till Worf came onto the scene. :lol: Did you see who Bashir ended up with in the finale? ;)

Janeway and Chakotay

Agreed! ;)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Are there any romantic relationships that you wanted to see but didn't?  If so, what do you imagine happens after we last see them?

For me, here's what I would have liked to see:

Picard / Crusher - I was hoping Captain Picard and Doctor Crusher would get together in the movies.  Instead, they got Riker and Troi back together, which rocked.  I like to imagine that Picard and Crusher become a couple after Nemesis. :grin:

I doubt that would be possible. Although the scene was cut from the movie, she was leaving the Enterprise for Starfleet Medical.

I always liked their relationship as friends and don't want to see it changed to romantic.

I can't really think of any relationships that I wanted to see. Maybe Geordi finally getting a woman would have been nice. I know the Nemesis script had him at the wedding with Leah Brahms so that would have been nice to see.

I have to disagree on Picard:

I always wanted him to be able to work it out with Cmdr. Nella Daryn (sp?). He was actually "happy" in that episode.

Harry Kim & anybody - lol

Archer and Riann -

Spock and Leila Kalomi

And in the if fate had been kind category

Garak & Zyal (sp?)

Worf and K'Ehyler

Kira and Bareil

And now to truly alienate myself. -

I liked Tom Paris and Kes better than Tom and B'Elanna.

TOM AND KES! Ya, I liked that possibility. But when Tom and B'elanna got togther I was happy, cause it was such a surprise for me.

Hmm, Riker and Shelby! JUST KIDDING.

Data with someone after he got himself emotions.

Julian and Ezri... Ezri and Worf seemed as awkward as Worf and Deanna.

But, I also would have liked to have seen Julian and Jadzia together. If that were to have happened, I would not have wanted him to get together with Ezri.

I don't really know what else...

Wesley and Spot. He could have earned himself an dishonourable discharge just so we didn't have to put up with him.

Takara_Soong, Leah Brahms was written into the movie, her cameo was replaced with Guinnan. So, even if she "was" filmed for that scene, in order to have her in the movie, they'd have to replace Guinnan's scene with Leah. While it would be cool to see Geordi married, I'd much rather see Guinnan. ;)

As for Picard and Crusher, there were deleted scenes about her leaving for Starfleet Medical? Do you know what they are? In any event, if Picard can't be with Crusher, there's allways Anij!

Jean-Luc Picard + Beverly Crusher = :grin:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I'm assuming that I can't name myself in any of these scenarios! Oh, darn!!!

TOS - Christine and Spock - yes, CJLP, they had chemistry, but it was all on her side. I still think in "The Naked Time," when Christine confesses that she loves him, that he felt something in return. (We won't get into the times Spock gets emotional - and only sometimes thanks to alien biology!) :grin: Kirk and Rand - maybe. How about Uhura and Sulu? Now THAT would have been interesting! Or Scotty and Mira Romaine.

TNG - Crusher and Picard was bandied about too much to ever make it, I thought. But I always thought Riker and Troi would eventually get back together. Geordi and anyone. ;) Guinnan and Picard, I always thought, might be interesting.

DS9 - I agree that Garak and Ziyal would have been interesting. But Kira and Bareil? ;) I never really cared for Bareil. Kira and Odo were good together. Bashir and Jadzia would have been great. Sisko and Jadzia would have been interesting to watch. (I love "Fascination.")

VOY - I liked Paris and B'Elanna together. Harry and anyone. (How is it there's always one character that never gets the girl?) Janeway and Tuvok might have been interesting. Or Tuvok and Seven.

ENT - Jury's still out.

And - just in the category of the ridiculous - How about Porthos and Spot? :lol:

VOY - I liked Paris and B'Elanna together.  Harry and anyone.  (How is it there's always one character that never gets the girl?)  Janeway and Tuvok might have been interesting.  Or Tuvok and Seven.

Tuvok's married. :grin:

I know. And Janeway at least started the series in a dedicated relationship. I just said they might be interesting.

Takara_Soong, Leah Brahms was written into the movie, her cameo was replaced with Guinnan.  So, even if she "was" filmed for that scene, in order to have her in the movie, they'd have to replace Guinnan's scene with Leah.  While it would be cool to see Geordi married, I'd much rather see Guinnan. ;)

I know there is a line where Geordi refers to his wife as Leah. Was it the series finale? I thought it was in First Contact.

As for Picard and Crusher, there were deleted scenes about her leaving for Starfleet Medical?  Do you know what they are?  In any event, if Picard can't be with Crusher, there's allways Anij!

Jean-Luc Picard + Beverly Crusher = :grin:

Anij? Am I the only person who remembers the TNG episode with Nella? - Picard was pratically singing he was so smitten. How can anyone not want Jean-Luc to be that happy?

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

The deleted scene that said that Beverly was going to StarFleet Medical is the one where Data and Picard were in the Ready Room talking and sharing a bottle of Chateau Picard. It is on the DVD.

As for Guinan and Leah Brahms I believe both were in the script however Leah Brahms may have only been mentioned in the reception scene that was deleted.

Leah Brahms was said to be Geordi's wife in AGT but it was a part of Q's future scenario.

The only woman I ever liked Picard with was the one he was with when he wasn't Picard - Aline from The Inner Light.

As for Guinan and Leah Brahms I believe both were in the script however Leah Brahms may have only been mentioned in the reception scene that was deleted.

I have the scriptl, or at least a version. In the scene where Worf is drunk, LaForge is sitting with Leah Brahms, and she asks Worf what's wrong or something. In the movie, it's the same scene, except Guinnan is sitting where Leah would have been, so I don't see how you can put Leah Brahms in the movie without taking out Guinnan.

^If I recall correctly the actress who played Leah could not make it..

Alright now..

P/C would be my choice.. If you think about it.. Their relationship is something the great bird would have wanted to see happen.. It was always his intent for them to get together it was other people involved who convinced him to lighten up on it..

Also "Attached" would make a whole lot more sense if you know what they cut out..

I will try and find the link to where I read about it if not I will post what I remember.. :grin:

To tell you the truth I liked Vash better than Nella or Anij..

For me I knew that Vash wouldn't stick around long thats just who she is..

So of course I wasn't worried..

Nella drives me nuts.. So does Anij...

Anyway thats just what I think..

Side note- Takara why are you always shooting down mentions of Bev or P/C??

I don't want to start anything I am just curious... (PM me)

Edited by bevfanK

Spock - Chapel - oh yeah I'd have loved that

McCoy and Natira

Picard and Lawaxana? Hey, Yellow Dragon why do you hate the man so much??? :grin:

Picard and Crusher of course - but I also like Picard and Lily

Jadzia and Julien

Trip and T'Pol

Hoshi and Mayweather

Archer and Riaan

Janeway and Chakotay

7 of 9 and the Doctor

I hate the drag out the old "Fully Functional" argument again, but...

Data and Anyone

The ep. with the Tasha encounter was quite amusing. Data could have even hooked up with a guy since he has no emotions, no religous qualms and no ability to reproduce (presumably without assistance, but that's a whole other thread). Geordi seemed to know how to, err, push his buttons so to speak.

I guess I too would have liked to have seen Picard and Crusher in a relationship. I thought Tom and B'Elanna were perfect for each other. I felt so sorry for Harry Kim and hoped before the series ended that SOMEBODY...ANYBODY would please take him........But the main relationship that I'd hoped would come to be was one between Janeway and Chakotay.

I would have liked to see Uhura with the black doctor in the episode where Spock was in some kind of coma and the doctor kept striking Spock to help him return to consciousness. I can't remember the name of the episode, but I liked that doctor. I can't imagine Uhura with Kirk.

I would have liked to seen Janeway and Chakotay.

I would like to see Guinan with a decent guy.

I think it would have been fun if that relationship between Quark and the klingon had lasted. I still remember Gowron making a comment about "a brave ferengi."

I would have liked to see Kirk and David's mother get back together.

I would like to see Spock with Nurse Chapel.

OK, I think romance on Trek is a joke and never comes across as anything but cheesy. With that in mind:

TOS: Kirk and any other female for two consecutive episodes.

TNG: Wesley and Troi ("Hmm, Wes, I sense your mother is upset about something").

DS9: Garak and Bashir (Don't tell me you've never thought about it).

Voyager: Neelix and an exploding torpedo. (Wait, that's not a relationship - I just kept wishing he would disappear magically.)

Ent: Is there a relationship we haven't seen or don't expect to at some point? Well, for the sake of the thread, I'll say Phlox's wife and Trip.