Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

What's your dream job?

Everyone has something they want to do, a "dream job". What's your Dream Job? I don't mean "Starship Captain" either. I mean a real, obtainable job.

If ever I have the ability to I would love to work for the Philadelphia Eagles or the NFL in some capacity that allows me to be in the stadium when the games and practices take place. Maybe even work for NFL Films. I could think of no other job that would give me as much pleasure then to watch football games and get paid for it.

I think that one of the best things about having been in the Navy,was the travel.I'd like to do something exciting that includes global travel on a fairly regular basis.Maybe a journalist,covering the war on terror or some other story at a global hot spot somewhere.I think I can handle myself pretty well,and wouldn't be afriad to work those areas.Yeah,that might be fun.

I could do the travel too. Philadelphia, New York, Dallas, Washington, D.C., San Diego, San francisco, Tampa Bay, Miami, Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City... See where I'm going with this? :) (For non fans and non-Americans those are all NFL cities) lol

I'd love to be one of the guys they hire to sit around and "test drive" new video games at the big game companies like Sega,and Nintendo.That'd be a blast.I'd also like to maybe be involved with S.E.T.I.

There are a lot of things I'd like to do.

I'd also like to maybe be involved with S.E.T.I.

It's easy to be involved in SETI. just go to "www.planetarysociety.org", click on "search for extraterrestrial intelligence", and go to the bottom of the page to download the "SETI @ home" program. It's pretty cool.

As for my dream job, I'd like to make enough money from my crocheting so I wouldn't have to have a "real" job. :)

I would love to win the lotto so I can set up a 'you beaut' observatory, on a beautiful piece of land with lots of natural scenery/wildlife and crystal clear dark skies. The observatory would have everything I could possibly need. I would employ people to look after the bed and breakfast side/day tour side while I conduct the nightly tours of the universe and get to stay up all night marvelling at the sky! Of course I would want my observatory/bed and breakfast to have plenty of clients visiting.

That is my ultimate dream job!

a wanna create my own Film Company and make a real time spin off of 24!

And then affiliate with Paramount and make the next ST series!

***EDIT: - hehehe, wait that may be closer than it seems.....ok,

I wanna create the warp drive (seriously)

Edited by trekzone

As for my dream job, I'd like to make enough money from my crocheting so I wouldn't have to have a "real" job. :) [/size][/color][/font]

Oh, I had my answer all set until I read that! Oh man, oh man, I'm with you! Except I do all sorts of handiwork, and I'd love to be part of stocking a shop. The only thing I'd be worried about is that then it would turn into work, and not just something I love to do.

Other than that, I'd love to write professionally. But the same drawback as above.

My dream job would be author. I love to write stories. I would love to become a famous author so I could earn enough money to live from it :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

My dream job would be to have my own businees selling the crafts I like to indulge in......my art work, and other crafts......also continue to write children's books and market them

My dream job would probably be me in charge of a MASSIVE video games company and be in charge of designing and making brilliant games. However, I like starsinmyeyes idea. Being English and eccenteric that job would easily suit me. :)

I'd like to make low-budget horror films.Zombie flicks,maybe...and become a horror master like my idols Fulci,Rami,Savini,and Romero!

:)

zombies.jpg

Edited by mr_tinkles

Sigh, my dream job would be to watch all Star Trek series and movies, spending the day on the computer visiting Trek sites and particular message boards. Sort of what I do now except for money. :)

Sort of seriously, winning or inheriting enough money to buy a hockey team and bring it to Winnipeg would be my ultimate dream. sigh

I think it would be really cool to get paid for the stories that Lessa and I write together although I'm not sure how much money there is in Star Trek por...stories.

Click for Spoiler:

just kidding about the type of stories. wanted to scare a few people bwahahahahaha

My dream job?..Let's see//How about being an Actor on a Star Trek show?.. :)

Since I know that's not possible..I've always wanted to be that guy on the sidelines of a football game that holds the down marker..! Talk about a good view of the game..!

well, this is a hard one. obtainably, i wanna be a firefighter, always have, i mean a career firefighter. not so obtainable, racing cars, or working for a magazine test driving all the newest and greatest hot rods, and fast cars. others ive seriously thought about would be to travel the world photographing nature, and other such things of beauty and being able live off of that.

I understand the intent of this thread but as I gave it thought there is only one "dream" job I would want. I would like to be a Mom. I'm a little too old now but it's something I always wanted.

As for the world of work...I regret at times I didn't pursue a science career but I'd really like to be a social science teacher.

In the realm of "obtainable but too late" jobs, I have always wished I had the desire when I was younger to pursue a career in NASA. A career in Space would be amazing!

I understand the intent of this thread but as I gave it thought there is only one "dream" job I would want.  I would like to be a Mom.  I'm a little too old now but it's something I always wanted. 

As for the world of work...I regret at times I didn't pursue a science career but I'd really like to be a social science teacher.

I don't know how old you are UH but it doesn't have to be too late. There are the options of adoption or fostering. I know you have mentioned that you are single but that shouldn't restrict your options nowadays. You may want to consider adopting an older child or a special needs child since it is so difficult to adopt newborns. You might also find it very fulfilling to be a foster parent and I believe most jurisdictions are on the look out for good foster parents.

I'd like to make low-budget horror films.Zombie flicks,maybe...and become a horror master like my idols Fulci,Rami,Savini,and Romero!

:)

zombies.jpg

hehehe Mr. Tinkles, we could join forces!

Professional football player.A good one.

I've never quite been big enough,fast enough,or talented enough to excel beyond small school/high school level football.I really wanted to keep playing well into college,but realistically thats just not going to happen,even if I work on it :) .

Because my parents want me to go into medicine,I have actively guided my education in that direction since 7th grade,and have done well acadmically.But thats not where my heart is.I don't want to be a doctor.I watch tv shows like "Life in the ER",and that life is too stressful,too demanding.I couldn't take that.I'd snap.I don't know what I want to do....

I actually had my dream job. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a disc jockey on radio. It had something to do with my love of music.

I had enlisted in the military, and had been stationed at my duty station for a few months. One Saturday night, a local radio DJ was going to play records at the local USO. He and I got to talking and he suggested that I stop by the station and make a short demo. I was hired as a fill-in guy two days later. I had my dream job. I filled in for anyone that couldn't make their shift and for vacation relief. Usually, the shifts I worked were the six hour graveyard slot (from midnight to 6AM). Since it was a part-time job, my military career wasn't compromised, plus I had the blessings of the local military recruiters. I used to ad-lib spots for them.

The radio station was the top rated rock station in the area; but, that was 40 years ago. When I was released from active duty (on a Friday) I had a full time job starting the following Monday afternoon (PM drive). I was in seventh heaven. I got to play records for four hours; plus, the pay was a whole lot better than what the military paid. I worked there for 7 years before the station was sold to a broadcasting chain, who promptly switched everything to automation.

During my gig on the air, I had garnered the highest ratings in history for the time and station. The sales department had my log booked solid (commercial time was sold out), and everyone was making money like drug dealers on a Saturday night. When the radio gigs dried up, I created my own business as a mobile DJ.

I have retired from any "real" job; but I still DJ gigs, and business is good. I specialize in 50s to 70s Oldies, and have close to 10,000 titles in my library. I have burned most of my collection onto CDs; but the only problem I'm having now is to find a place to sit down.

I actually had my dream job. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a disc jockey on radio. It had something to do with my love of music.

Very interesting, it has been suggested to me on a couple of occasions that I should look into broadcasting but I hate how my voice sounds lol.

We have a few members here that are DJ's.

Very interesting, it has been suggested to me on a couple of occasions that I should look into broadcasting but I hate how my voice sounds lol.

Forget about going to a broadcasting school (unless you can get a guaranteed job placement or your money back). They'll do nothing that you can't do by yourself, for a lot less money. Here's what to do: enroll in a local community college that has a voice & diction class and a drama class. The tuition will range from free to minimal; but the books (if any) will cost some cash.

The voice and diction class will teach you how to speak, and the drama class will teach you how to act and speak in front of a microphone/audience. (Believe me, I've been doing this for over 45 years and I still get a little case of the butterflies. Once started, everything falls into place.)

Now for the downside, and I stress this, there are very few jobs available in the radio broadcasting market. With station consolidation and voice tracking, no one is hiring, unless you have a gimic that no one else has thought of. (Voice tracking is one announcer in a central location, making recordings to be played later in the day over many stations.)

If you really want a job in radio, got to Nowhere, Nevada or Two Rocks, Arizona (population: you) and look for a mom & pop operation. There won't be any money, but you'll be exposed to live radio. Gain experience there, then hit more major market stations. If you're good, you'll have a possible shot at a major market station. But it will take years to get there. In this business there is no such thing as an overnight success.

My dream job: General Manager of an NFL team. I can't imagine anything more fun than overseeing the scouting and drafting of players, and then seeing how they do on the field.

I have always been intrigued by the objective evaluation of subjective criteria. I cannot think of another job where that would be required more.

Writer, Producer and Director like the great Orson Welles, Sam Raimi, Ed Wood (except with out the history with alcohol.) Hopefully I'll be able to achieve this soon after school.

I have always enjoyed aviation. One of my biggest thrills was to visit the EAA aircraft museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I would love to be a test pilot, or to be able to fly or even race a WWII vintage fighter - P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Bf-109.

Another dream job is a draftsman/designer for a firm like Martin Marietta or Lockheed.

Yet one more: a crewman on a Space Shuttle. :klingon:

:laugh:

My dream was always to become an astronaut, but my eyesight eliminates me from that so what I would love to do now is to own/manage a bar or other adult oriented establishment. Mainly because it would be a lot of fun.