Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Sir Patrick appeared live on BBC's Radio 2 this morning. I wrote down the most important things that happened:

- When Chris Evans asked him which background music he wanted to hear, he said was too early for Shakespeare, it was too early for X Men, but it was NOT too early for the TNG theme. So they had the TNG theme first. Which was lovely.

- Chris Evans asked him why he looked so well, to which Sir Patrick replied “Because I am well. Clean living, clean thinking. Wholesome thinking.” Not sure if trolling or actually believing what he says.

- Sir Patrick stated that “It has been known” that he loves parties.

- “They make you feel manly.” (Sir Patrick about his cowboy boots.)

- He is “available for hire” but thinks this phrase is “indecent”.

- A classic Sir Patrick moment: Sir Patrick: “I didn’t know that!” Chris Evans: “I said it FOUR times!” Sir Patrick: “I was distracted!”

- He also said the best thing he was ever in was his Macbeth movie, that he will continue to voice Avery Bullock on American Dad and that he would love to play Sherlock Holmes’ dad or the next Bond villain.

- He listens to ABBA. He picked “Waterloo” as one of the songs he wanted to hear.

- When asked if he would like to play Bond himself, Sir Patrick said: “You want me to compete with Daniel Craig?” YES?

- Sir Patrick was once spooked by a room of a house he was thinking about buying because he felt like as if someone was choking him when he stepped inside.

Sir Patrick on BBC London News, speaking out against the planned super sewer in his London neighborhood:

Here is another Graham Norton Show excerpt - this time it's the battle of the Star Wars vs. Star Trek action figures!

And here is a much more serious excerpt from an interview in which he talks about how he (and his life in Hollywood) messed up his marriage/family.

An awesome new interview with Sir Patrick can be found here.

And here are pictures from Tuesday's Dickens dinner!

Edited by Mr.Picard

Want to have lunch with Sir Patrick? Now you can do so!

And -

here are quite a few pictures of Sir Patrick during rehearsals for his current play, BINGO.

Frank To, one of Sir Patrick's favorite artists, has just finished a project that features three paintings of Sir Patrick Stewart. Click here to have a look!

I've finally managed to put together an overview of BINGO reviews:

"[...] the truly Shakespearean greatness of Patrick Stewart's portrayal of Shakespeare" (The Independent)

"Bond's tone and range is limited and there's little Stewart can do with this thankless part, although he does movingly convey Shakespeare's distress at the brutality of a society that relishes hangings and bear baitings."

(Evening Standard)

"Mr Stewart's performance and Angus Jackson's direction are pretty-much faultless, even given my reservations about the pace." (London Theatre)

"An actor of Stewart’s ability could play this one-dimensional role in his sleep and at times appears to be doing just that." (Telegraph)

"Patrick Stewart superbly reinforces Bond's vision by giving us a tragic Shakespeare, but also one alive to his own contradictions: he craves financial security but tells his nagging daughter that "money always turns to hate", is brusquely business-like with a rich landowner like William Combe yet strangely relaxed with a wander-witted gardener." (Guardian)

"It almost works, because in Sir Patrick Stewart’s performance you can so easily believe in the life portrayed." (The Arts Desk)

"Stewart’s Shakespeare slopes across the stage like an old, arthritic hound; quiet, diminutive and brooding with frustrated barks of anger that fail to scare the wolves away." (A Younger Theatre)

Edited by Mr.Picard

PROFESSOR Sir Patrick Stewart will speak about being the chancellor of the University of Huddersfield on March 15, 2012. More information here.

And here is a rather interesting analysis of Shakespeare from Sir Patrick and Simon Callow.

A new video interview with Sir Patrick in which he talks about his current play, Shakespeare, TNG and Refuge:

Sir Patrick is having fun at Silverstone at the moment, doing some CAR RACING (irresponsible irresponsible iiiiirrreeeespoooooonsiiiiiblllleeeee aaaaaah):

n5hl06.png (Source)

I am WORRIED like hell. :frusty:

Sir Patrick about two hours - he ago can be admired here (he gave a GOING GLOBAL speech about international students at the University of Huddersfield).

And he is part of the UNITE FOR SYRIA campaign video - over