Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Thank you for the info, I love it when I find out more about what a person thinks and believes. Also I hope I am not on your not fond list of straight men.

Don't worry, I don't know you well enough in order to find out if I'd have to place you on the list or not, lol. And you're welcome, I'm always pleased to give answers to such "would you... with Sir Patrick?" questions. I get these a lot, actually - I'm glad most people are sensitive enough to at least ASK them and not assume right away that I'd want THAT from him.

My youngest daughter wants too see it.

Then you'll have to accompany her and tell me all about Sir Patrick's character. ;) (It's going to take AGES for this one to be available on DVD over here.)

Then you'll have to accompany her and tell me all about Sir Patrick's character. ;) (It's going to take AGES for this one to be available on DVD over here.)

I forgot too ask, is that because they redo them in German?

I forgot too ask, is that because they redo them in German?

Yes, they do voice-dubbing. Which, in this case, renders the German version of the movie completely and utterly useless to me since I obviously need Sir Patrick's voice, lol. The DVD will have both the original and the voice-dubbed version. I hope.

Sir Patrick attended the SAG awards last night - with Marina Sirtis. Here is a picture of the two of them on the red carpet. ;)

More news: Sir Patrick will appear in two plays this year, the first one is BINGO (a revival) - here is more information on that one AND The Merchant Of Venice (more information here).

More news: Sir Patrick will appear in two plays this year, the first one is BINGO (a revival) - here is more information on that one AND The Merchant Of Venice (more information here).

The way I read it, both plays will be in London?

I think they look great! Sir Patrick with his youthful look and Marina with her sexy look.

They make a rather cute couple indeed. ;)

The way I read it, both plays will be in London?

No, The Merchant Of Venice is going to be in Stratford-Upon-Avon, in the new Royal Shakespeare Theatre. BINGO, however, is going to be in London, in the Young Vic Theatre. :) I'm thrilled about this, I lack the money to go but I'm glad to hear that he'll spend most of the year in England. Only last year at a convention he claimed that he'd spend this entire year making new films in the US. Seems his plans changed dramatically. He should've known that he'd end up on a stage again anyway - lol.

"No, The Merchant Of Venice is going to be in Stratford-Upon-Avon, in the new Royal Shakespeare Theatre. BINGO, however, is going to be in London, in the Young Vic Theatre. I'm thrilled about this, I lack the money to go but I'm glad to hear that he'll spend most of the year in England. Only last year at a convention he claimed that he'd spend this entire year making new films in the US. Seems his plans changed dramatically. He should've known that he'd end up on a stage again anyway - lol."

Although I lack the money to go at present, this would be worth saving up for. I'm glad he's doing more theater. He does seem to enjoy it, he's fantastic at it, and he seems to be thriving living back in England!

Indeed, he's very happy to be back in England at this point, I'd say. I'm so glad his movie plans apparently didn't really work out. I prefer him on a stage instead of in front of a camera - theater work is what he's destined to do and where he feels most comfortable. And I want him to feel comfortable and don't want him to be thrown into the Hollywood madness again that drove him almost insane and straight to a shrink once already. (I have no love whatsoever for Hollywood business.)

Anyways, there's a little piece of news that I have just received:

Sir Patrick Stewart is to receive this year's Pragnell Shakespeare Birthday Prize.

The Yorkshire-born international film star is to receive the prize at the annual Shakespeare Birthday Luncheon in Stratford-upon-Avon on 30 April.

Sir Patrick said: "I am delighted with this award. It comes in the month of the opening of a new season in the new theatre with a new company and for me a long awaited return to a great role I last played with the RSC in 1979. It is great to have so many good things all happening together."

(Source)

;)

Hooray for Sir Patrick winning the Pragnell Shakespeare Birthday Prize "for outstanding achievement in extending the appreciation and enjoyment of the works of William Shakespeare". Previous recipients include Sir Ian McKellan and Dame Judi Dench.

It must be very exciting to go back to a role you did thirty years before and bring everything you've learned since then to the part.

Hooray for Sir Patrick winning the Pragnell Shakespeare Birthday Prize "for outstanding achievement in extending the appreciation and enjoyment of the works of William Shakespeare". Previous recipients include Sir Ian McKellan and Dame Judi Dench.

It must be very exciting to go back to a role you did thirty years before and bring everything you've learned since then to the part.

It's especially thrilling for him since Shylock was the VERY first character whose lines he read when he first encountered Shakespeare in school. Cecil Dormand, his English teacher, then encouraged him to read more and realized that he had quite a talent sitting there. So, in part, it's all thanks to Shylock. (And Mr. Dormand, of course.)

Meme time! Well, for Sir Patrick, anyway! He did a Q&A session with The Guardian today.

Here is an excerpt:

What was your most embarrassing moment?

At two consecutive performances as Cornwall in King Lear, shouting, "What trumpets that?" a page too soon when Eric Porter as Lear was merely pausing. He never forgave me.

Property aside, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?

A drawing.

What is your most treasured possession?

That drawing.

What would your super power be?

Photographic memory.

What makes you unhappy?

Selfishness.

Who would play you in the film of your life?

Me, of course.

What is your most unappealing habit?

Slurping liquids.

The rest can be found over here.

And one more thing we have in common *adds to endless list* - slurping liquids. :P :) I am so going to tell whoever bugs me about it from now on that Sir Patrick does it as well, their argument is invalid. ;)

Sir Patrick is supporting a campaign in the UK that wants to change the laws on assisted dying:

Sir Patrick said: "We have no control over how we arrive in the world but at the end of a life we should have control over how we leave it."

(Source)

Sir Patrick is attending the preview of 'Flare Path' in London right now. Here's a picture from the arrivals.

I'm more worried about his fashion fail, lol. (Red-checkered pants, green-checkered suit jacket, striped shirt, blue jacket and black shoes? NOOOOOOOOOO! The horror! The horror!!! It looks like as if he just pulled random parts out of his closet and put them on without bothering whether they fit together or not.) The beard he has because of his current role as William Shakespeare in BINGO. I assume he'll grow an even larger beard for the role of Shylock in Merchant of Venice, though.

The picture was a little dark I could not tell what the colors were, but you are right those are not the best matching colors too wear.

Not really, no. It makes him even more adorable somehow that he just seems to have put random pieces of clothing together. ;)

Looking good. I like the beard! At least he's not wearing red, green, & blue together this time!

Looking good. I like the beard! At least he's not wearing red, green, & blue together this time!

LMFAO! ;) Yeah, no fashion!FAIL this time - I'm relieved as well. The tie is a bit too thin (I'd have preferred his other black tie with the white dots), but hey, let's not be nitpicky now, lol.