Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

It would make sense to have a play that is set in Vegas COME to Vegas indeed, yeah! ;)

I took a few screencaps yesterday - from an old movie called "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" in which Sir Patrick played Karla, the main villain who never says anything.

Here are a few pictures:

Karla-6.png

KarlaAndSmiley.png

Karla-7.png

Karla-11.png

Sir Patrick talks about the upcoming movie "Dorothy Of Oz" and his character in this funny little video here. My favorite scene is the one in which he remarks that the way the character he's voicing looks reminds him of how he himself looks first thing in the morning. :lol:

Screencap:

Firsthinginthemorning.png

Sir Patrick is in Huddersfield today, performing his duty as Chancellor of the University of Huddersfield.

Here's a video of his wonderful speech before he opened the new Business School.

And a picture can be found here.

Edited by Mr.Picard

Sir Patrick is at the University of East Anglia today:

(He received an honorary degree there.)

Now that is one colorful outfit.

Yes it is indeed, lol. But that's a traditional robe for a university in England, so... ;)

News:

Sir Patrick speaks out against high tuition fees over here.

Sir Patrick attended the San Diego Comic Con a few hours ago.

A picture can be found over here. He got one rather direct question that made me laugh and that I cannot repeat here because it's a family board, someone got him a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY song (see video below) and he once more said something that's SO typical for him that I need to quote it here:

"First of all, can I just point out that I'm a Broadway girl too?"

And now the video I promised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSe5A1nnAg

If it is the one question I read, it was in very poor taste to blurt that out. Regardless of what he thought of Patrick Stewart it was so disrespectfull to him (Patrick Stewart) as a person.

If it is the one question I read, it was in very poor taste to blurt that out. Regardless of what he thought of Patrick Stewart it was so disrespectfull to him (Patrick Stewart) as a person.

Yeah that's the question I didn't want to post. I'm - obviously - quite biased on that one, though. Sure it's not wise to ask him such a thing in front of so many people... on the other hand, it takes a lot of guts to do it. I do love his "polite silence". I would have to see a video in order to determine if he was amused or offended. (My guess would be amused, but then, I don't know the context in which the question was asked.)

NEWS

Here is an Entertainment Weekly interview with him:

To be sure I would have felt the same way had a female blurted out something simular. I think sometimes it takes more

guts to respect the person and the situation, than give in to your own wants and desires.

To be sure I would have felt the same way had a female blurted out something simular. I think sometimes it takes more

guts to respect the person and the situation, than give in to your own wants and desires.

I'd have been outraged if a woman had asked him a question like that. LOL. That's what I meant with biased. :laugh: It's just easier for me to put myself into a gay guy's shoes. :laugh: But yeah. It wasn't very wise to do something like that in the first place. I know.

NEWS:

Here is a longer interview in which Sir Patrick talks about Dorothy of Oz and his all-time-favorite movie scene.

Sir Patrick & LeVar Burton are apparently having a lot of fun (at least according to LeVar himself) in Chicago. They're there for a convention and they also decided to check out Chicago's night life, it seems.

Proof:

Gang.png

Hangover, eh? He was definitely not very happy about LeVar's picture enthusiasm yesterday morning.

grumpysmall.png

(Source.)

He also - of course - held a Q&A session at the Wizard World Comic Con in Chicago, along with his son, Daniel.

Here he talks about TNG and falling asleep on the set.

Here he talks about various things, movies and theater experiences and so on.

Sir Patrick with William Shatner & Kate Mulgrew on stage yesterday:

ShatMulStew.png

(Source)

And here is the first full part of the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con:

Sir Patrick is in Germany at the moment, at the Captains Table Convention. Here is a picture. (I apologize for the bad quality. It is the BEST I could find. *facepalm*)

EDIT: My outcry was heard. Here is a much better pic.

Edited by Mr.Picard

Here is another picture of Sir Patrick at the Captainstable convention (it was taken yesterday). He talked about Shakespeare (of course), about social networking and why he doesn't do/like it, books and a lot of other stuff. Oh and he said we Germans were nice and friendly. Why thank you, sir.

half german half nice half friendly (me). He is such a suckup.LOL

Mwahahahaha, yeah, he knows how to be diplomatic and charming. :sweatdrop:

New article in which Sir Patrick talks about not knowing what to do with his TNG scripts. I have no idea who "Brett" Spiner is, but hey... lol.