Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Top ten most annoying characters

Who, out of all the series, did you find most annoying?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who, out of all the series, did you find most annoying?

• Pavel Chekov (TOS)
    • Wesley Crusher (TNG)
    • Reginald Barclay (TNG)
    • Luxanna Troy (TNG)
    • Alexander Rodchenko 9TNG)
    • Ezri Dax (DS9))
    • Rom (DS9)
    • Naomi Wildman (VOY)
    • Neelix (VOY)
    • Dr Phlox (ENT)

Im sorry but some characters on Trek have bugged me more than the others. Some minor and some more major. Neelix was too chirpy for me. His best episode was the suicide attempt one, but then he went back to his old hi-de-hi! self. Ezri was irratating. I think she didnt have enough time to grow on me. Child actors are always cheesy and annoying. Whether it be the genius child himself who failed the entrance exam to the academy (how? a genius!!!) or jelly tot head Naomi. Even Pavel with his dodgy hair and accent annoyed me. Who annoyed you and why?

Dr. Phlox!!!! Neelix wasn't much better but I can forgive him because he was just a cook. Docters however are always surounded by sickness and death therefore they shouldn't smile neer as much as our happy-go-lucky deer Docter Phlox. Serious roles call for serious characters and the Docter in my opinion is a serious role.

Of the characters you listed I have to say that I really liked Chekov, Wesly Crusher, and Barklay. And I've only seen one episode with Ezir Dax so I really can't say, but she seemed alright to me.

Since I basically ONLY watch TNG all I have to say is Wesley the SuperBrat! Evil, evil, evil. Darn, why couldn't Lore have ended all our misery(in Datalore) by shooting that little waste of space!?

Ok Wesley was a brat sometimes but something about small Klingons just bugs me ya know how there heads look a little to big for thier bodies... lol :)

all hail Bev!! :bow:

Since I'm pretty much only a TNG gal, I'd have to say weasly, cause I don't know much about the characters from other series

I didn't think luxanna troi was that bad- I mean she was annoying, but it was funny to see other character's reactions to her, same with Reg

I also agree with bevfank on alexander though

Guest Ktrek

I had to vote for Wesley. I really could not stand him from day one. I tried, I really did, to like him but he just got on my nerves. The boy genius saving the ENT was way overdone and really got old quick. I was very happy when he left. I would not have minded his cameo role in Nemesis if it added to the story but apparently TPTB didn't think so and he was axed. Probably a good move. I generally like child actors but he was obnoxious!

Ktrek

You didn't have the Doctor on there!! OMG I hated him. Every time I saw him on the screen I swear I could have broken the TV set!! ARGH!!

I can't stand Rom either (or Wesley, really), but I ended up voting for Phlox (because he IS darn annoying, and the doctor I really wanted to vote for wasnt there....)

Everyone else I kind of liked, or at least didn't mind.

Why'd you put Barclay on there? He's the best!! (ok, it's a metter of opinion, but still!!) I'm glad he's got no votes yet! I liked Lwaxanna, too. I thought she was very amusing.

How could you not put Hoshi on this poll? I tape the show and fast forward through every scene she has. I don't think she has had one non-whiny line since the show started. .... So I voted for Wesley 'cause he was irritating too.

I had to vote for Neelix, since Kes wasn't on here. Not only don't i like the character but i can't stand Ethan Phillips, he's a horrible actor, IMO. That and i can't stand overly nice people. The chatacter's only purpose was as a tour guide, but he was useless as a tour guide. They could have done better. Not to mention the fact he left the ship right before they got back to the Alpha Quad., wasn't that great for the overall story. I liked Wesley more toward the end of his time on the Enterprise, i will admit that in the first couple of seasons i didn't like, but maybe i was jealous. :wow:

what about Q? he is the most annoying. hes just so...corny. his episodes are always really, well, corny.

and yes, i hate wesley but i love phlox!!! he rocks!

Ummmm..that was a good poll! Definitly a toss up between Phlox and Naomi Wildman..I think that they still have time to flesh out Phlox from the annoying smirking doctor that he is now to maybe someone who can be useful to the crew. I believe that Wildman provided some sort of learning for Seven of nine..Lwaxana..yea she was annoying. NO way should Q have been on the poll..he always made me laugh. Question..do these polls ever get closed?

Speaking of 7 and Naomi Wildman, why did 7 always call her Naomi Wildman? She didn't call others by their first and last name. I haven't seen too many Voyager episodes like the one where Naomi comes on board Voyager.

And Lessa, how things would have been different if Lore had gotten that "troublesome little man-child".

Come on Takara, he was truly irritating, and Lore had the perfect opportunity in that episode to do us all a favor! :)

I agree I did find him to be really irritating at times. I liked him better in later episodes like Final Mission and The First Duty. I have read that Gene Roddenberry had sort of modelled Wesley after himself and I wonder if that is why there were so many "Wes saves the day" episodes in the beginning. He may have been fulfilling his own teenage fantasies through Wes. As his participation in TNG decreased so did the "Wes saves the day" stories.

Yes, I did notice the decrease in Wesley saves the day stuff. Which actually went a long way to make him less annoying!

I haven't seen too many Voyager episodes like the one where Naomi comes on board Voyager. 

Grim episode in general dealing with multiple dimensions but the baby was born (via transporter- I bet a lot of women wish that part was real) on board; her mother discovered she was pregnant soon after Voyager became lost in the Delta Quadrant

Since I basically ONLY watch TNG all I have to say is Wesley the SuperBrat! Evil, evil, evil. Darn, why couldn't Lore have ended all our misery(in Datalore) by shooting that little waste of space!?

What she said. lol.gif

What she said. lol.gif

:wow: It would have been so easy and he would have been gone in the first season!

Nelix, only once in seven years did they do anything interesting with him and even then it was by piggybacking him with Tuvok to create Tuvix.

There are a couple. I think I'm one of the only people who didn't mind Wesley, and in fact, I really liked him in the 3rd and 4th Seasons along with his return episodes... though I have to admit he was a tad annoying in the first season. I usually can't stand child actors and Alexander was no different, however, I didn't mind Naomi. I agree that Neelix was too chirpy and just plain annoying to look at, but the most annoying by far, who I cannot believe was not part of the poll was Nog. Once he a became an actual Star Fleet member it wasn't that bad but his prior-cadet episodes were cringe worthy.

I feel really sorry for Wil Wheaton! People hate him just because he played Wesley...and they're really mean about it too. Poor guy...(occupational hazard, I guess)

Actually, although I found him incredibly annoying in the first season, I think Wheaton's quite a good actor. And maybe the only reason he was quite so annoying to so many people was because a) (like poqumehon - I can't remember how to spell your name, sorry - said) We're jealous! and :wow: he seemed to kind of steal the show in his "wes saves the day" eps. I mean, we all want our favourite characters to do well, but when a 15 (?) year old shows them up, it can make you defensive on their part. (like Naked Now, for example. My thoughts were: "he was drunk! And Data - you knew that was comming! - the android with the sum of human knowledge could not save the ship with out the help of Wesley the genius. Yeah, right! Damn that stupid kid!". So to balance it out, we decide to hate him.)

For me, it was The Doctor with an ego the size of the delta quadrant! My god he was annoying (IMO). If you want a concrete example, take Author, Author (the most recent annoying-doctor episode I can think of)! The whole episode I could practically see him thinking "memememememememememememememememememe"! It drives me crazy ARGH!! *begins tearing out hair*

Of course, this is all IMO, and very sorry to (and for!) those of you who like the doctor. Ok, just kidding. scratch the "for". I can't help it. Getting me started on the Doctor is ALMOST as bad as getting me started on Data (or Nemesis, for that matter...)

Alright, this post's long enough. :wow:

My thoughts were: "he was drunk! And Data - you knew that was comming! - the android with the sum of human knowledge could not save the ship with out the help of Wesley the genius. Yeah, right! Damn that stupid kid!"

Even worse, the Chief Engineer was not infected in The Naked Now and she's saying it would take weeks to do it and he does it in 3 seconds. I guess that's why we didn't see that Chief Engineer anymore. :wow:

My thoughts were: "he was drunk! And Data - you knew that was comming! - the android with the sum of human knowledge could not save the ship with out the help of Wesley the genius. Yeah, right! Damn that stupid kid!"

Even worse, the Chief Engineer was not infected in The Naked Now and she's saying it would take weeks to do it and he does it in 3 seconds. I guess that's why we didn't see that Chief Engineer anymore. :wow:

haha, yeah, the chief engineer probably got fired.

Yillara, wow, why don't you tell us what you really think of Wesley? :laugh:

I have to say it's Alexander for me. That kid just makes my skin crawl. Is that how all Klingon children start out or what. I think Data's cat Spot could beat that kid up.