Sign in to follow this  
APW

How many siblings do you have?

I have nine brothers and sisters..we all have the same parents,and I am second-to-the-youngest age-wise...

I know many rural American family's tend to be larger than most..

:clap: how many brothers and sisters do you have?And,if you have a bunch like me,did you enjoy having so many sibs or not?

Personally I can't imagine being an only child,or living in a quiet house...

:dude:

Four of us still live at our family's farm,and at least two of us don't really want to leave all that soon and make a "home" of our own (me included...I like it there),plus now,we also have various of my neices and nephews staying,so the place is still a crowded,noisy place ( :wow: I love it)....

as far as my folks are concerned,so long as we kick in and contribute to the household expenses and do our bit around the farm,we're welcome to live with them indefinitely....would you want to stay home?I know a lot of people would hate that....

And there are times a little privacy would be welcome,particularly where my girlfriend is concerned,but even she doesn't mind the fact that I don't have my own place,since her home circumstances are similar...

:lol: just wondering....

Stardate:213685.9

I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.I am the oldest of them all.

I don't have any brothers or sisters. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. :dude:

Personally I can't imagine being an only child,or living in a quiet house...

The only thing that breaks the silence at my house is the TV and I like it. :clap:

Edited by thedoctor

3 Brothers and a Sister. I consider my niece to be my sister since we are only 8 years apart and grew up together. She's even a member here but has never posted.

I have one older sister and two younger brothers.

Both of my parents are only children, so there are no first cousins, but my father's father is the 19th of 20 (one father, two mothers), and my father's mother was the 8th of 16 (ditto), so I have lots of second cousins! (And I seldom see the few I know.) :clap:

There is just me and my brother who is 5 years older than me and I'm 39, but I have 2 kids myself (I don't mean given birth myself LoL) a boy age 6, who I call my mate and a girl 8 who I call my little princess (apart from their real names of course), and I love them both to bit's.

:tear:

How many siblings?

I have one sister who is 22 months younger than me(she doesnt post here much anymore, EmilSoong)

and my little brother is 6 years younger than me(was wookieofborg when he was here).

I emphasize younger because some people swear they are older than me(my brother and sister both look older than me and they are taller too. My sister by about 7 inches, my brother by about a foot....I am now at 5'1")

I of course am the oldest at 23..people are always saying how the middle kids have it rough....but what about the oldests and youngests?? Ack, love my siblings to death but, there are times when they drive me nuts! J/K we had our fights, but they are great I love my family! :tear: :(

Yeah our family is basically small....but my dad is an only child, and my mom is #6 out of eight kids(the youngest is 43, oldest is 61). So we know a bit about the small family and the large families.

There are 16 of us cousins on my mom's side(I am #10), not counting my cousins husbands or wives(as well as their kids, step-kids, foster kids, ect.). A family get together can be quite the event!

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I have three younger brothers, and had one older sister. I was born on my sister's first birthday, and she used to introduce me as her first birthday present. :lol: She died in December 1993 after a painful illness and is still missed. :lol:

The age range from the oldest to the youngest was six and a half years, so my parents were tired! They confessed after we were all grown to the following trick. They would close all the curtains in the house, say it was bedtime,and put us all to bed! :( I have memories of lying in bed, not sleepy at all! :bow:

Once, when my sister and I were both in post graduate programs (living in the same town but not together if I recollect correctly), my brothers came up to get us to drive us home for Labor Day. My oldest brother was on leave from the Marines, and he was doing the driving. Of course, I was ready when they arrived, but my sister was not, which was par for the course. So everyone had to wait. In sitting around, talking and laughing , and having a good time, someone suddenly observed, " Hey, we all like each other!" Now we fought and squabbled just as much as any group of siblings growing up too close in age in a small house (three bedrooms until my father finished the basement). Somewhere , in the process of growing up and moving out, and "absence making the heart grow fonder," and being exposed to the rest of the world, we had come to value the familiarity and comfort of being with those we knew well, and were well known by.

Nevertheless, we thought and thought, trying to figure out what " the parents " ( what we called them rather than " our parents" ---my sister started that) had done to manipulate us into actually coming to the point of mutual love and respect. We thought of lots of things. However, we never turned back to the "sibling rivalry days," and remain close to this day. :tear:

I have a younger brother(roetae)

As far as cousins.. On my dads side there are 10 of us I am the oldest and on my moms side there are 4 of us I am the oldest..

I love holidays were I get to see my cousins.. Even though I only have 2 girl cousins.. :lol:

Sometimes I wish I had more sibblings sometimes I wish the one I have would go away... :tear:

nellis has a big family she is 4th out of 11...

One of our friends said that when she couldn't sleep she wouldn't count sheep, she would try and memerize all of the names in nellis' family :(

Two older sisters and an older brother. I was the youngest by ten years. In fact all my nieces and nephews are closer in age to me than my oldest sister. I became an aunt at 1 1/2 years. Nieces and Nephews plus their children and granchildren total at least 28 plus some additions by marriage. I haven't seen them all and seldom see most of them.

Both parents had families of eight but I seldom saw my dad's side of the family. Because I live in a small town I occasionally meet people I find I'm related to from my mom's side of the family. I took a genealogy class once and found I was related to one of the class members.

I wish I had had a sister (or even a bother) closer in age I felt a lot like an only child growing up.

One brother. He passed away after a battle with cancer in 1997. Damn I miss him so much. He was 8 years older than me. Tears.gif

I do have my "sister by choice" Lessa Soong too! kisses.gif

Edited by Takara_Soong

I have one sister by blood. One sister that is adopted and is really a cousin and taht we all wish we could forget. (trouble maker) and sisters of my heart. (have to cound DSBS and Tiffy too, Takara, but you know i love you :borg2:)

only child and I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I've always wanted siblings, and at the same time not wanted them. I do have a lot of cousins though. My mom is the 8th of 11 kids so I have about 30 first cousins, and they're kind of like siblings to me. We're alll really really close (none of them like star trek though :borg2:)

Well I do not have a brother or a sister. :borg2:

My mother has a brother and he has two daughters, so I have two cousins ;) . My father has no brother or sister either.

So my family is really small :lol: (and I like it this way)

Mrs. Captain Picard

i have one half sister, i was 14 when she was born. but my grandma had 14 kids. my fater was the 3rd, so when i came around the youngest of the kids were more like brothers and sisters than aunts and uncles, they also always look at me as a sibling than a nephew. my youngest aunt is only 35 and im gonna be 32 here pretty quick so its a pretty close gap. i look at the older siblings as aunts and uncles, and the younger group i just cant look at the same so i think i have 6 siblings.

I have or rather had two brothers. My youngest brother (13 years older than me) is stll alive, but my oldest brother passed away in 1995.

Four (2 brothers and 2 sisters).All passed away now except for me,and my little sister Debbie.Of course,knowing my daddy,I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I didn't have four or five more half-brothers or sisters scattered around Arkansas and Tennessee.