Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Geico Cavemen Get Their Own TV Series!

doesn't ABC have Ugly Betty? That series will carry the network enough that they can take chances like this. Myself, I like the Geico cavemen commercials, so I'd watch.

doesn't ABC have Ugly Betty? That series will carry the network enough that they can take chances like this. Myself, I like the Geico cavemen commercials, so I'd watch.

True, I forgot about Ugly Betty but I'm not entirely sure where that fits. It was up for the Golden Globe for Comedy and the People's Choice Award for Best New Drama. But overall, ABC probably has the worst sitcoms of the big four networks (I'm counting Fox's animated shows as sitcoms, otherwise they're not much better).

I think FOX has improved in its television. Now, they have 24 and Prison Break along with their comedies. Malcolm in the Middle and That 70's Show had good ratings also. But, FOX has made the mistake of cancelling TV series if they don't immediately become hits, such as the quick cancellation of Firefly and Greg the Bunny, both shows that were cancelled too soon

Edited by Gamera

I like the caveman series except for one; the one at the party. The cave man getting hasseled from the others for having anything to do with Geiko should have been imo the one in the airport billboard. His 'selling out' the clan for personal gain would have been more interesting.

I think the airport ad came out before the party ad. Otherwise, yeah.

I can't believe I'm defending a commercial series. :mad1:

It is a lot easier than defending religion. :)

I like the caveman series except for one; the one at the party. The cave man getting hasseled from the others for having anything to do with Geiko should have been imo the one in the airport billboard. His 'selling out' the clan for personal gain would have been more interesting.

I think the airport ad came out before the party ad. Otherwise, yeah.

Yeah I know and that's what I mean, the caveman in the billboard being chastised for working for Geicko by the others at the party would have been better continuity.

My point is they probably didn't know they were doing the party ad when they did the caveman ad. Even then I don't think they could. Part of the caveman's disgust in the airport was that the "caveman" in that picture wasn't an accurate caveman, just a homo sapien in a wig and furs, like they couldn't get being a caveman right.

You know how some black people don't like "wiggers" from the suburbs trying to "act black" without living the life? Its kinda like that.

I see that they have at least 2 more Cavemen ads since the one at the party. I've only seen the tail ends of them. One of them is back at the airport and the other is in the psychiatrist's office.

My point is they probably didn't know they were doing the party ad when they did the caveman ad. Even then I don't think they could. Part of the caveman's disgust in the airport was that the "caveman" in that picture wasn't an accurate caveman, just a homo sapien in a wig and furs, like they couldn't get being a caveman right.

You know how some black people don't like "wiggers" from the suburbs trying to "act black" without living the life? Its kinda like that.

Not a real caveman huh? Never noticed he was a fake, in that case, yeah...

There is also the ad where the caveman is being interviewed. "Somebody got up on the wrong side of the cave".

I am not sure if the show will fly. But I figured somebody would try making a show out of it. It could turn into a whole comment on prejudice. Then again they could totally screw the whole thing up.

I think FOX has improved in its television. Now, they have 24 and Prison Break along with their comedies. Malcolm in the Middle and That 70's Show had good ratings also. But, FOX has made the mistake of cancelling TV series if they don't immediately become hits, such as the quick cancellation of Firefly and Greg the Bunny, both shows that were cancelled too soon

Fox has greatly improved the quality of what it broadcasts and it as some of the best dramas on television in 24, Prison Break, and House. But it terms of comedy, if you take away the animated stuff (Simpsons, King of The Hill, Family Guy, and American Dad) they really don't have anything all that good. However, for every quality show they put out there they make some low-brow reality piece of crap.

In terms of comedy, they did have some good stuff in Malcolm, That 70's Show (but both probabily ran longer than they should have, especially That 70's Show imo) and as I said, they had the best comedy on television in Arrested Development but they just didn't do enough to promote it.

It is a prime example of another show that Fox has let do far too early and it almost came back to bite them again (i.e. Firefly got a movie, Futurama is coming back, and they brought back Family Guy) as Arrested Development would have gone to Showtime if Mitchell Hurwitz hadn't decided not to continue.

ABC is somewhat similar in that they have some really good dramas in Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Desperate Housewives, etc. But do not have any really good comedies aside from Ugly Betty (the classification is unclear).

The best comedies are definitely on NBC and CBS imo. NBC's Thursday night line-up is outstanding with My Name is Earl, The Office and Scrubs (30 Rock is mediocre, however) and although I don't watch them CBS's Two and a Half Men, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and How I Met Your Mother are all highly rated.

CBS has the best dramas overall (again, even though I don't watch any of them). Although, NBC has some pretty solid dramas right now.

UPDATE:

Geico Cavemen Passed Over for Sitcom?

Three Actors Named, But No Mention of Ads' Original Stars

AOL

(March 30) - The Geico cavemen should ignore that call from mom and get their agent on the phone, because it appears they may have been passed over for the sitcom their ads inspired.

On March 2, it was announced that ABC had ordered a pilot tentatively titled 'Cavemen' featuring the characters in the insurance company's commercials.

On Thursday, Variety reported that Nick Kroll, Bill English and Kaitlin Doubleday were cast in the pilot, but there was no word on the involvement of the original cavemen, Ben Weber or Jeff Daniel Phillips.

Kroll is a regular contributor to VH1's 'The Best Week Ever' and co-creator of of the Comedy Central Motherload Series ' I Love the '30s' and 'All Access: Middle Ages.' Before he was a cast-out caveman, Weber was best known as one of Miranda Hobbes' boyfriends on HBO's 'Sex and the City.'

The show is one of 14 pilots being produced by Touchstone Television this spring. The pilot follows the cavemen as they "struggle with prejudice on a daily basis as they strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta."

Thats not right! They should use the same actors that are in the commercials.