Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Geico Cavemen Get Their Own TV Series!

Well, as of now they are only making a pilot. Long way to go before they get an actual series. However, if they do, it won't last. That prejudice against caveman humour would be good for only a few episodes before they run out of ideas. I love the commercials though.

Wow... Mmm, there is part of me thinking this is the first television series originating from a commercial but I'd imagine there's been others, right?

Wow... Mmm, there is part of me thinking this is the first television series originating from a commercial but I'd imagine there's been others, right?

I read an article about this in the newspaper several days ago and it did mention that there were several other TV shows that started as a commercial. Unfortunately, I don't have the paper anymore and I can't remember what they were.

They had a TV show many years ago about caveman. It was called Its About Time , it was a comedy and did not last long. I was a kid and I loved it

Some things just don't work. The ad spots are fine and very funny. But making them into a series?

I can't see it working. Like a lot of the SNL skits that they made into movies, only Wayne's World (first one) was any good. (IMO)

They had a TV show many years ago about caveman. It was called Its About Time , it was a comedy and did not last long. I was a kid and I loved it

Oooooo, you are much older than I thought :P I remember that show too (and yes I was a kid too)

I remember that one too. It was Stink On Ice, as I recall. :giljotiini:

Do you remember the song?

"Its about time, its about space. Its about being out of place"

How in the world did I ever remember that?!!! :P

Some things just don't work. The ad spots are fine and very funny. But making them into a series?

I can't see it working. Like a lot of the SNL skits that they made into movies, only Wayne's World (first one) was any good. (IMO)

Have you forgotten The Blues Brothers?

Have you forgotten The Blues Brothers?

The first Blues Brothers movie was great and the second one stunk.

Good looking out. I forgot that one.

I laughed at the first few Caveman commercials, and every new one here and there makes me chuckle a bit, but some of them are pretty stupid too. I'll check out the show if I ever care to remember about it.

Well, better the Cavemen than that stupid gecko. I very much hate that gecko... I pretty much hate any commercial with talking animals/ inanimate objects. Pet peeve and all.

I laughed at the first few Caveman commercials, and every new one here and there makes me chuckle a bit, but some of them are pretty stupid too. I'll check out the show if I ever care to remember about it.

Well, better the Cavemen than that stupid gecko. I very much hate that gecko... I pretty much hate any commercial with talking animals/ inanimate objects. Pet peeve and all.

I couldn't agree more. The lizard bores me to tears.

If I ever came face to face with that stupid lizard, I'd step on it. I hate that thing.

You're preaching to the choir on that one. :P

If I ever came face to face with that stupid lizard, I'd step on it. I hate that thing.

I bet that lizard would make a good taco.............

I wonder is lizard really does taste like chicken?

You're preaching to the choir on that one. :)

I really don't want to find out. When I went to Cancun, the locals refer to the size of a lizard as how many tacos it would make i.e: a three taco lizard or a 2 taco lizard. After hearing that, I wasn't about to eat any tacos down there....... :P

You're preaching to the choir on that one. :(

I really don't want to find out. When I went to Cancun, the locals refer to the size of a lizard as how many tacos it would make i.e: a three taco lizard or a 2 taco lizard. After hearing that, I wasn't about to eat any tacos down there....... :P

i do not think it will fly

a30 second commerical doe's not make

a half hour show.

look at the baby bob show

The old show you are talking about is from the 60's

about two astronuts landing on a planet

with caveman It stared Imogene Coca And Sid Ceaser. :P

Iam old too

i do not think it will fly

a30 second commerical doe's not make

a half hour show.

look at the baby bob show

The old show you are talking about is from the 60's

about two astronuts landing on a planet

with caveman It stared Imogene Coca And Sid Ceaser. :P

Iam old too

I know that Imogene Coca was in it but I don't think that Sid Ceaser was.

I was wrong me :P

THe name of the show was

Its About Time. from 1966

The astronouts travled back in time

Not sid ceaser But Joe E Ross.

The cubby actor from Car 54.

Did the crash test dummies get their own show? I remember hearing something about them - maybe it was action figures - I miss those commercials. I liked the Duracell family too, don't like those cavemen.

Does anyone remember the Maxwell House commercials - how they were a continuing drama - the guy who later became Buffy's watcher was in them?

yep, Crash Test Dummies had their own cartoon series, action figures and a band named after them

yep, Crash Test Dummies had their own cartoon series, action figures and a band named after them

I like the caveman series except for one; the one at the party. The cave man getting hasseled from the others for having anything to do with Geiko should have been imo the one in the airport billboard. His 'selling out' the clan for personal gain would have been more interesting.

I can't believe I'm defending a commercial series. :mad1:

While I don't mind the commercials, this decision speaks more to ABC's inability to find a winning comedy series.

A better idea would be try to convince Mitchell Hurwitz (who is adapting a British series "The Thick of It" for ABC) to bring back Arrested Development (easily one of the most brilliant but underappreciated comedy series in television history) on ABC.

I dont mind the Geckos Geico t.v ads but the cavemen from Geico getting there own t.v series is just bad taste and not alot of proper imagination and scraping the bottom of the barrel they should get a better t.v series made then with those annoying Cavemen.

:mad1: :)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1