Sign in to follow this  
mowzer

It's official. I LIKE TOS.

I have been a trekkie for a long time, pretty much since I was little and Picard's opening monolouge was my first full sentence. I have watched every episode or almost every episode of TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. But due to the fact my mother hated Bill Shatner the original series was banned from the house. Now that I'm older and it's on TV I have watched all the movies, a most of season 1 and some episodes of season 2 and 3. So I think it's safe to say I LIKE TOS.

Seeing reruns on Sunday Mornings on CBC in the mid 70's all they had was TOS so I also grew to like all 3 years of the show over many years might have even seen TAS when it was on dont recall anymore so seeing the films at least on t.v 1-3 / 4-10 I saw in the Theatre but was great seeing the film version from TOS being made it had a bigger canvas to work with and better visual effects etc.

YAY! I've said it a hundred times here, so here's 101: Without TOS there would be no TNG, DS9, VOG, ENT or any Star Trek books, movies, etc. It deserves to be watched and enjoyed.

Thank you I'm glad to have joined the group. I do remember watchin TAS when I was a kid. I remember that I watched it but I can only remember the ending specificlly. I have learned some interesting facts like the fact that early on Vulcans were known as vulcaneons and that Chekov wasn't in the first season. I haven't seen the Klingons yet and I can't wait to see the origin of one of my favourite races. Weird point I am watchin TOS as I type this, it's the one with the spores and spock smacks Kirk around (LOVE THAT EPISODE JUST FOR THAT) and also it's the first episode of TOS I watched.

Edited by mowzer

:) My uncle got me into TOS when i was a kid and i introduced my younger sister to it and even my little girl stare's at the tv and seems to be spellbound by Kirk :) but my brother hates it because he is what i call a..CGI BABY...tos is not high tec enough for him!!..he doesnt know what he is missing.

I've been collecting the TOS DVDs and magazine set from my newsagent. I've been watching it for the first time, and it hasn't left my DVD player for over a week- I love it!

:wow: TOS is cool, but very different than TNG! WOW! TNG looks so technical after, lol!

:spock: My uncle got me into TOS when i was a kid and i introduced my younger sister to it and even my little girl stare's at the tv and seems to be spellbound by Kirk :wow: but my brother hates it because he is what i call a..CGI BABY...tos is not high tec enough for him!!..he doesnt know what he is missing.

The point was made very strongly by the presentor introducing the newly remastered TOS at the Las Vegas 40th anniversay of Star Trek convention that this "had" to be done to keep Star Trek alive, beause the younger generation was turned off by the old effects of Star Trek. I, and a number of people there, don't agree. For me it has always been the positive vision of the future, the stories and the chemistry and friendship of the characters that made TOS special. If the younger set can't see that, it is they who are missing out. I love your CGI baby comment! :spock::yahoo:

As a person who started watching star trek back in 1966

when it was first run. welcome. The 99 shows of Tos

due seem a little dated. But they are the embryo that

grew into the trek Universe.

:) My uncle got me into TOS when i was a kid and i introduced my younger sister to it and even my little girl stare's at the tv and seems to be spellbound by Kirk :( but my brother hates it because he is what i call a..CGI BABY...tos is not high tec enough for him!!..he doesnt know what he is missing.

The point was made very strongly by the presentor introducing the newly remastered TOS at the Las Vegas 40th anniversay of Star Trek convention that this "had" to be done to keep Star Trek alive, beause the younger generation was turned off by the old effects of Star Trek. I, and a number of people there, don't agree. For me it has always been the positive vision of the future, the stories and the chemistry and friendship of the characters that made TOS special. If the younger set can't see that, it is they who are missing out. I love your CGI baby comment! :P :P

Hehe my brother hates that name but its true....after the WW2 you had the baby boom babys which grew up into the Consciousness Revolution and went to woodstock and made love not war who then grew up to be the so called new age generation in the 70's..giving birth to the micro chip babys,generation X..or MTV genaration as most people call it... my era :( ...after that came what i call the CGI babys..the generation that knows nothing but the digital era...information overload if you ask me,The message that is in TOS which has bridged the gap between the generations wont last for ever..not all of todays young people even hear that message,they are only intrested if the GCI is cool looking.

Edited by hangon

And now, TOS is gaining a whole new audience with the "Remastered" episodes. Which I never miss when they're on.

Thats true Lt. Gummy,thats too bad,Here in Malaysia theres no remastered

TOS! Boo hoo!

We don't get it over in the UK either which is a shame. I think that CGI-ifying TOS will get the "CGI" generation through the door.

Thats true Lt. Gummy,thats too bad,Here in Malaysia theres no remastered

TOS! Boo hoo!

They will be available in Malaysia soon enough. Satellite Television would be an advantage in your case.

We don't get it over in the UK either which is a shame. I think that CGI-ifying TOS will get the "CGI" generation through the door.

You should write to the BBC and ask if they could add it to their programming.

With all of the Trek Fans in the UK, how can they deny your request?

Well considering the BBC show TOS at 1 O'clock on a saturday mornin haven't shown TNG, in months DS9and VOY in years and never showed ENT they would probably tell where to go. Scifi channel might though.

Well considering the BBC show TOS at 1 O'clock on a saturday mornin haven't shown TNG, in months DS9and VOY in years and never showed ENT they would probably tell where to go. Scifi channel might though.

There must be a site or two on-line that carries these episodes that can be downloaded. I just don't know where they are. And you could always buy the DVD's. I am hoping that the Remastered Episodes will be released on DVD sometime in the near future.

I'm glad I held off buying TOS on dvd. Now I'll wait to buy the remastered episodes on dvd. Can't wait!

Where it all came from! I grew up with it as a kid. It was on all the time and I loved it. So cool that you're discovering the great fount! :clap:

true, that's what I am waiting for